News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

septmember re WCC subside cuts

Started by Cedric, July 01, 2014, 10:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: bowler on August 22, 2014, 05:29:32 PM
Quote from: 111 Roughley on August 22, 2014, 04:36:04 PM
The point about the link to Stourbridge is that Stourbridge has a lot of links itself which are very useful. It sort of connects up Kidderminster and it's not a long journey. Undeniably there is a good train service, but that's not always convenient for everyone. If Stourbridge was still in Worcestershire, I'm sure that the Council would ensure that there was an hourly bus link between two towns of this size so close.
agree  with you about the train service I can not manage all the steps at Stourbridge junction when returnining to Kidderminster , the bus is far easier for me and lots of others as well  ,  till whittles  extend  the 125 to Stourbridge  there had not been  a bus service to Stourbridge for years

Maybe if Diamond were to provide a two hourly service initially to fill in the gaps left by Whittle's post Sept to provide a combined hourly service. If they then were to introduce a special add on ticket that would allow onwards journey's on Diamond Buses at each end i.e. in the West Midlands & Kidderminster is might appeal to more?

Another option might be to extend a Diamond 125 from Stourbridge through to Merry Hill (Limited Stop) to link in with both the 002 & 142 and the greater network 4H etc

Cedric

Quote from: Winston on August 22, 2014, 05:35:08 PM
The point about the link to Stourbridge is that Stourbridge has a lot of links itself which are very useful. It sort of connects up Kidderminster and it's not a long journey. Undeniably there is a good train service, but that's not always convenient for everyone. If Stourbridge was still in Worcestershire, I'm sure that the Council would ensure that there was an hourly bus link between two towns of this size so close.
agree  with you about the train service I can not manage all the steps at Stourbridge junction when returnining to Kidderminster , the bus is far easier for me and lots of others as well  ,  till whittles  extend  the 125 to Stourbridge  there had not been  a bus service to Stourbridge for years

Maybe if Diamond were to provide a two hourly service initially to fill in the gaps left by Whittle's post Sept to provide a combined hourly service. If they then were to introduce a special add on ticket that would allow onwards journey's on Diamond Buses at each end i.e. in the West Midlands & Kidderminster is might appeal to more?

Another option might be to extend a Diamond 125 from Stourbridge through to Merry Hill (Limited Stop) to link in with both the 002 & 142 and the greater network 4H etc
Winston  think a service through to  merry hill would do well as a the  moment  it is bus to Kidderminster  railway station  then train   to   cradley heath  then bus to merry hill
diamond 8\10/125/292

sonic84

Quote from: bowler on August 22, 2014, 05:49:42 PM
Quote from: Winston on August 22, 2014, 05:35:08 PM

Winston  think a service through to  merry hill would do well as a the  moment  it is bus to Kidderminster  railway station  then train   to   cradley heath  then bus to merry hill

First tried services from Kidderminster to Merry hill before in the form of the 285, however these always ran through Blakedown, Hagley and Pedmore.

Saying that the route the 125 takes has to be quicker and so is more likely to attract more end to end passengers if a Kidderminster to Stourbridge route was started.

It's a shame diamond don't have a Stourbridge to Merry hill service they could extend to Kidderminster

StourportSam

There are lifts at Stourbridge Junction which eliminate the steps are there not? Kidderminster station also step free. Agree the bus is probably easier though.

bwsau cymru

surely the bus attracts pensioner passes too??? that can be worth a lot
campaigning for better transport for all

tank90

Well I've just read the new timetables on Diamonds website and im not to happy at all.
The 55 and 56 has been distroied completely, there is no point in them running it if I'm honest it's not a bus service it's a ghost service. Oh and NO SUNDAY service either! But a few later buses whoopie woo we had a 20 min service that was useful before this beeching still assult.
The 70 also has had the same treatmeant  again no point in it. Ok a few later buses whoopie woo but an 1 hourly service when it was 40/45 min or even 30 min and 20 min at one point not good.
Studley get a better look at things but only have the 247 to get to the Alex to visit anyone who maybe in there.

So to give my point from the west side and south west 3/10 Webheath Walkwood Astwood Bank Crabbs Cross Headless Cross Oakenshaw and Woodrow North have all lost out in this set of changes, some of these areas have the most money to spend on bus travel and some people can only use the bus to get around.

I'm not anti-Diamond far from when we had First and Diamond I was Pro Diamond and anti-First but I'm on the move to becoming anti-Diamond through lack of sight and care. A network in Redditch built by Midland Red West (First) and Midland Red NX is being wipped away. The last time we had a timetable in Headless Cross Crabbs Cross Oakenshaw like this was when First MR trailed the "super" 51 (51/55/56) which failed flat on its face and it was split up again into 51 55 56. Then a 20 min was trailed and worked then it was reduced to 30 but it was Lance Lynx operated not Vario Mini bus. This latest change could see anything on the route from a 29 seater dart to a 44 seater not 100% 44 seater so less people WILL use the bus and complaints WILL also go up from areas unseen in Redditch. Diamond are in for a rough ride in Redditch unless people don't complain. But I for one will and incourage anyone else to because its unfair Eastside sees a bus on average every 5-10 mins each way (57/58) where Westside only 30 mins in some areas an hour might be more realistic in some areas if there is late running.

Oh and why does Bromsgrove Rd need the X3 55H 56H 143 running along it when at one point it was just the 68 then X33 and 68.

I think im going to stop now.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Tony

Stourbridge Junction has had a working lift and fully step free access every time I have used it

Cedric

Quote from: Tony on August 25, 2014, 07:51:20 AM

Stourbridge Junction has had a working lift and fully step free access every time I have used it
I must be unlucky then everytime I been there the lift has been out of order
diamond 8\10/125/292

111 Roughley

Quote from: tank90 on August 24, 2014, 11:55:32 PM
Well I've just read the new timetables on Diamonds website and im not to happy at all.
The 55 and 56 has been distroied completely, there is no point in them running it if I'm honest it's not a bus service it's a ghost service. Oh and NO SUNDAY service either! But a few later buses whoopie woo we had a 20 min service that was useful before this beeching still assult.
The 70 also has had the same treatmeant  again no point in it. Ok a few later buses whoopie woo but an 1 hourly service when it was 40/45 min or even 30 min and 20 min at one point not good.
Studley get a better look at things but only have the 247 to get to the Alex to visit anyone who maybe in there.

So to give my point from the west side and south west 3/10 Webheath Walkwood Astwood Bank Crabbs Cross Headless Cross Oakenshaw and Woodrow North have all lost out in this set of changes, some of these areas have the most money to spend on bus travel and some people can only use the bus to get around.

I'm not anti-Diamond far from when we had First and Diamond I was Pro Diamond and anti-First but I'm on the move to becoming anti-Diamond through lack of sight and care. A network in Redditch built by Midland Red West (First) and Midland Red NX is being wipped away. The last time we had a timetable in Headless Cross Crabbs Cross Oakenshaw like this was when First MR trailed the "super" 51 (51/55/56) which failed flat on its face and it was split up again into 51 55 56. Then a 20 min was trailed and worked then it was reduced to 30 but it was Lance Lynx operated not Vario Mini bus. This latest change could see anything on the route from a 29 seater dart to a 44 seater not 100% 44 seater so less people WILL use the bus and complaints WILL also go up from areas unseen in Redditch. Diamond are in for a rough ride in Redditch unless people don't complain. But I for one will and incourage anyone else to because its unfair Eastside sees a bus on average every 5-10 mins each way (57/58) where Westside only 30 mins in some areas an hour might be more realistic in some areas if there is late running.

Oh and why does Bromsgrove Rd need the X3 55H 56H 143 running along it when at one point it was just the 68 then X33 and 68.

Tank,
I think that the new timetable on Diamond's site must be wrong in leaving off the Sunday service on the 55/56. The Sunday service is on the Council's website. It had better be a mistake because I think it's a bright spot. The 70 goes hourly from being every 40 minutes. That is a cut though the 40 minute frequency is difficult to remember. The 145A is three journeys one way and two the other, and seems to me just a spoiler. I wouldn't have thought the Council would have considered it an adequate commercial service, whereas the 149 is hourly but has no peak time service. Diamond are of course entitled to do what they wish, but they won't win any friends at the Council with this approach. I see the point in defending commercial services, but what is the motive in putting a spanner in the works on tenders you've lost? I can't see Council continuing with Green Bus's 62 because Diamond's is hourly through the day. For me personally- I live at Bidford- the big disappointment is the 247. The shorter journeys turn out to be 'shortened to Alcester journeys'. Basically the hourly service is kept to Alcester, though the timings are not particularly regular. The last through journey to Evesham is 1515/1523 from Redditch. I thought that the lesson from the 146, which admittedly First butchered, was that if you didn't offer a service through the day, passengers were put off. Even to Alcester there is a gap from 1515/1523 to 1735. There is a curious gap on the 143 from Bromsgrove from 0820 to 1048, which is a late start for shoppers. There ought to be one at 0948. But then if you're bu***ring about on the 145A, I suppose you haven't got the bus. Good news for me is that with the withdrawal of the 166, Stagecoach are starting a Sunday service on the 28.

tank90

Quote from: 111 Roughley on August 25, 2014, 09:55:38 AM
Quote from: tank90 on August 24, 2014, 11:55:32 PM

Tank,
I think that the new timetable on Diamond's site must be wrong in leaving off the Sunday service on the 55/56. The Sunday service is on the Council's website. It had better be a mistake because I think it's a bright spot. The 70 goes hourly from being every 40 minutes. That is a cut though the 40 minute frequency is difficult to remember. The 145A is three journeys one way and two the other, and seems to me just a spoiler. I wouldn't have thought the Council would have considered it an adequate commercial service, whereas the 149 is hourly but has no peak time service. Diamond are of course entitled to do what they wish, but they won't win any friends at the Council with this approach. I see the point in defending commercial services, but what is the motive in putting a spanner in the works on tenders you've lost? I can't see Council continuing with Green Bus's 62 because Diamond's is hourly through the day. For me personally- I live at Bidford- the big disappointment is the 247. The shorter journeys turn out to be 'shortened to Alcester journeys'. Basically the hourly service is kept to Alcester, though the timings are not particularly regular. The last through journey to Evesham is 1515/1523 from Redditch. I thought that the lesson from the 146, which admittedly First butchered, was that if you didn't offer a service through the day, passengers were put off. Even to Alcester there is a gap from 1515/1523 to 1735. There is a curious gap on the 143 from Bromsgrove from 0820 to 1048, which is a late start for shoppers. There ought to be one at 0948. But then if you're bu***ring about on the 145A, I suppose you haven't got the bus. Good news for me is that with the withdrawal of the 166, Stagecoach are starting a Sunday service on the 28.

I agree about the 70 but if you are using mpds a 30 min would be better as you can set it to run with the 55 56 to give a 15 min which is what FMR and MRW did so people could still use the service and walk to the bus stops they needed. As for the 55 56 sunday service county get things wrong with Diamond all the time back in 2008 county thought that Red Diamond was putting its 55A/B 56A/B in the opposite dircetion to Firsts 55 and 56 which they were not.

Yes the whole in the 143 had confused me too but as you say if youre p***ing around with a 145A then I can see why but may be looking at there old 64 from Bromsgrove out to Rubery would have been better.

And yes the 247 has gotten worse too.

I'm not sure who was worse Essex or Long Acre either way they both have/had no idea what the Redditch depot need or needed.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Matt.N0056

Has it been mentioned that the Diamond 62 seems to be 2 mins before The Green bus'?

111 Roughley

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on August 25, 2014, 12:33:43 PM
Has it been mentioned that the Diamond 62 seems to be 2 mins before The Green bus'?
I hadn't noticed, but yes you're right. It's just about every journey Green Bus plan to run. I'm not an expert on the Traffic Commissioner's remit, but to allow Diamond to do this on shorter notice than usual when they were presumably able to see Green Bus's timetable submitted on the normal timescale would be unfair. Whether that's the legal position I don't know. What the attraction of this route is I also don't know. Green Bus's famous deckers might actually be welcome on certain other Redditch routes, though may be empty on this one.   

tank90

Quote from: 111 Roughley on August 25, 2014, 01:25:51 PM
I hadn't noticed, but yes you're right. It's just about every journey Green Bus plan to run. I'm not an expert on the Traffic Commissioner's remit, but to allow Diamond to do this on shorter notice than usual when they were presumably able to see Green Bus's timetable submitted on the normal timescale would be unfair. Whether that's the legal position I don't know. What the attraction of this route is I also don't know. Green Bus's famous deckers might actually be welcome on certain other Redditch routes, though may be empty on this one.

But if they did appear on that route then they would still be empty at the fare they intend to charge which is why I think Diamond are not planning to stop runing on the old 60 61 but I do think they should have kept the 61 number and just tweaked the route and timetable which would then of not have looked dodgy to the Traffic Commissioner.

Dan

winston

It isn't the route that's the attraction, it's keeping TGB out of Redditch

tank90

Quote from: Winston on August 25, 2014, 04:15:59 PM

It isn't the route that's the attraction, it's keeping TGB out of Redditch

Yes and no if TGB had more competative fares yes but as they don't no its about passenager numbers across the whole network on Eastside.

Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk