News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Travel de Courcey -- General Thread

Started by Valandil, June 27, 2014, 07:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J GL

Quote from: Sandy Lane on October 05, 2020, 09:49:32 PM
Too far away to see the reg but I'm pretty sure one of them is now an Arriva driver training bus in new livery. Saw it in Coventry today not far from the old MDC depot.
If that is the case then it is good I guess. I don't think they are too old to be sent off for scrap

Tony

Quote from: Sandy Lane on October 05, 2020, 09:49:32 PM
Too far away to see the reg but I'm pretty sure one of them is now an Arriva driver training bus in new livery. Saw it in Coventry today not far from the old MDC depot.

I suspect it was one of Arriva's own Evolutions, not an ex DeCourcey one. They have a couple of ex Rotala ones as driver trainers, including this one http://wmbusphotos.com/Arriva/3741a.html

the trainbasher

I believe one has made it to a Leicestershire independent but I'm not 100%

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

tphi12000

Trident LX03BYG was heading north on the M6 this morning.
Tony

tphi12000

Quote from: tphi12000 on October 06, 2020, 08:06:03 PM
Trident LX03BYG was heading north on the M6 this morning.
Sorry just caught up , this is now Green Bus
Tony

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Tony on October 06, 2020, 09:00:00 AM
I suspect it was one of Arriva's own Evolutions, not an ex DeCourcey one. They have a couple of ex Rotala ones as driver trainers, including this one http://wmbusphotos.com/Arriva/3741a.html
I reckon there are two ex MDC Evo's back out on the road. 562 and 569. Wonder where they are and what will happen to the others? Scrap or export?

Sandy Lane

Quote from: V102MOA on August 28, 2020, 07:38:24 PM
They are

LX03 NGZ
LX03 BYG
LX03 OPU
LV52 HHS
Are these at Ensignbus?
Tridents LX03BWJ/OPV/ORV, LV52HH

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Sandy Lane on September 13, 2020, 02:44:54 PM
In MDCs yard there are about a dozen deckers and 556 seeable. Also a few HGV trailers and what looks like a new unreg Volvo coach across the other side.

Is anyone keeping a list of where everything is going?
MDCs depot is now a truck depot run by Dixons International who are pleased with their "state of the art facilities". See https://www.dixontransport.com/dixon-transport-expansion-sees-uk-depot-move-to-new-state-of-the-art-site/

Busboy105

Such a shame what happens to MDC. A family operator just wrecked by a pandemic which our country hasn't dealt with properly. (But that's a discussion for another time and thread).

metrocity

Quote from: Busboy105 on October 26, 2020, 08:05:21 PM
Such a shame what happens to MDC. A family operator just wrecked by a pandemic which our country hasn't dealt with properly. (But that's a discussion for another time and thread).
I think COVID was just the final nail in the coffin for them unfortunately. The operation had been struggling to make money for some time.

Steveminor

The same can be said for most businesses. I mean look at flybe, you could hardly say they were the first airline to fall due to covid after they'd been struggling to keep afloat for years.
So far (with maybe only a handful of exceptions all the pandemic has done is speed up the demise of failing companies.

Ian Hardy

When Flybe were selling cheaper tickets than the cheapest Cross Country tickets for the equivalent journey, it was not if but when they would go bust.

DJ

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

B61 ANDREW

Whilst browsing the buses and coaches section of railforums.co.uk . I notice a thread from around a month ago saying that Skills Motor Coaches now have the "NEC contract" formerly operated by T de C , anyone able to confirm this ??    8)

Solo1

Anyone got s full  list of who now owns the  buses de courcey had

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk