News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Travel de Courcey -- General Thread

Started by Valandil, June 27, 2014, 07:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 24, 2020, 04:48:22 PM
Conformation of NX operating the 585 from 25th August.

https://nxbus.co.uk/search/coventry/?site%5Bsearch%5D=585&show%5Broutes%5D=1&utm_source=nav

Bus Man K2
I'm puzzled. With NX taking the 585, SC taking the 60 and Arriva the X6 how can these operators make a profit when TDC struggled? Are they given extra subsidy to take over at short notice?

Tony

Quote from: Sandy Lane on August 24, 2020, 10:00:41 PM
I'm puzzled. With NX taking the 585, SC taking the 60 and Arriva the X6 how can these operators make a profit when TDC struggled? Are they given extra subsidy to take over at short notice?

Operators price tender bids on their operating costs

bususer28

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 24, 2020, 08:53:54 PM
Using rattly e200s I bet.
I'm honestly have no idea as I don't know whether the new 17/17A will use the e200s or not as the section to the hospital is normally pretty busy. Seems like NX as a whole have too many single deckers.

Sandy Lane

sryan188

Is this just Mike De Courcey Travel Limited that has entered administration or does this include Mike De Courcey Travel Events Limited as well?

I know recently they separated the company in to two entities

Does anyone know what is included in what company? I think all coach work including NX comes under the events company as well as the NEC work but could be wrong.

metrocity

Quote from: sryan188 on August 25, 2020, 12:19:09 AM
Is this just Mike De Courcey Travel Limited that has entered administration or does this include Mike De Courcey Travel Events Limited as well?

I know recently they separated the company in to two entities

Does anyone know what is included in what company? I think all coach work including NX comes under the events company as well as the NEC work but could be wrong.

I dont think Mike De Courcey Travel Events has an operators license if I recall?

Steveminor

They dont, although they could still operate the nec contract as it's on private roads and not on any public highway, or sub contract operators as they do on extremely busy days.

Sandy Lane

There is an almost brand new bus workshop at the depot. I wonder if another operator could use the site which has been used by SC years ago - what about a new east base for Diamond?

Tony

Quote from: Sandy Lane on August 25, 2020, 09:18:16 AM
There is an almost brand new bus workshop at the depot. I wonder if another operator could use the site which has been used by SC years ago - what about a new east base for Diamond?

It's not the ex Midland Red South (Stagecoach) site

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Tony on August 25, 2020, 09:21:24 AM
It's not the ex Midland Red South (Stagecoach) site
ah, but it was near there somewhere.

JoNi

Had a ride on both Stagecoach 60 and 703 replacement services. The ticket machine didn't work on either journey but unlike similar instances with  TDC intending customers were not expected to tender their fare or in my case be glared at when I wanted to validate my Swift card. I assume that Transport for West Midlands has a mystery customer programme as I presume they don't have revenue function to check tendered routes.

dingding

For this company to collapse in a large conurbation such as Coventry underlines how 'hand to mouth' bus operation has become outside of the big groups.

It's sad that yet another innovative operator willing to try new ideas has been lost along with all those good jobs as well.

Having worked for similar family owned businesses I know just how the DeCourcey family will be feeling about this.

Think it is going to be a long harsh winter for the bus and coach industry...best of luck to all concerned.

winston

Quote from: dingding on August 26, 2020, 01:31:08 PM
For this company to collapse in a large conurbation such as Coventry underlines how 'hand to mouth' bus operation has become outside of the big groups.

It's sad that yet another innovative operator willing to try new ideas has been lost along with all those good jobs as well.

Having worked for similar family owned businesses I know just how the DeCourcey family will be feeling about this.

Think it is going to be a long harsh winter for the bus and coach industry...best of luck to all concerned.

Decourcey has been a ticking time bomb for a while, they have no assets left as they've already been re-financed.

See their accounts:
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01360645/filing-history

They've been on downward spiral since losing the JLR contract to NX & with Covid-19 on top that, have since lost all their NX coach work which employed 29 coaches and provided regular turnover / cash flow & profit.

BN

Quote from: Winston on August 26, 2020, 02:06:20 PM
Decourcey has been a ticking time bomb for a while, they have no assets left as they've already been re-financed.

See their accounts:
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01360645/filing-history

They've been on downward spiral since losing the JLR contract to NX & with Covid-19 on top that, have since lost all their NX coach work which employed 29 coaches and provided regular turnover / cash flow & profit.
Irishbofin holdings seem fairly stable though, not sure whose assets are whose though apart from cov depot.

JoNi

Quote from: dingding on August 26, 2020, 01:31:08 PM

"Ding ding" how very apt thats what I had to do last winter when entering the University Hospital on 585 after lights went out and driver turned at first roundabout and went empty to depot before checking everybody had alighted!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk