News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Travel de Courcey -- General Thread

Started by Valandil, June 27, 2014, 07:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulb1973

Quote from: JoNi on August 20, 2020, 06:24:49 PM
The removal of 60A and 61A alone will require about 100 stop flags to be changed. The new style 60 and 61 flag at Jaguar snapped off in high wind a while ago as these lightweight flags have done at exposed locations elsewhere in the city.
It hadn't occurred to me until I looked at Traveline West Midlands that routes with different directional numbers requires two queries to be made and no advice on what the other route is!

TfWM will have their work cut out soon; bus plates in Allesley Park, Stoke, Stoke Aldermoor, Ernesford Grange, Binley, Wyken, Stoke Hill, Fenside, Cheylesmore, Eastern Green, Tile Hill, Canley plus Cannon Park etc etc will all need changing.

Lukeeee2018

Quote from: paulb1973 on August 20, 2020, 08:10:48 PM
TfWM will have their work cut out soon; bus plates in Allesley Park, Stoke, Stoke Aldermoor, Ernesford Grange, Binley, Wyken, Stoke Hill, Fenside, Cheylesmore, Eastern Green, Tile Hill, Canley plus Cannon Park etc etc will all need changing.

The 60/61 has already been removed off some of the stops in the Eastern Green.

JoNi

Quote from: paulb1973 on August 20, 2020, 08:10:48 PM

Ironic isn't it that many of the stops on routes 9, 20 and 21 are old ones and new ones on routes like 3 and 23 are being replaced. Two remaining NX 8 branded buses and 3/A E200s will need to be rebranded as well! ( Appreciate this last comment relates to NX)

Stu

https://www.tfwm.org.uk/news/new-timetable-for-coventry-bus-services/

QuoteBus operator Stagecoach has taken over the contract to run the 60 and 703 routes which call at key locations around the city including University Hospital Coventry.

These routes operate with a subsidy from Transport for West Midlands (TfWM), which is part of the West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA).

All buses on this route will now be numbered 60 running both directions between University of Warwick and Arena Park.

Some journeys will also extend to serve Westwood Academy in line with school start and finish times.

The 703 will operate to the same route as currently, but with a revised timetable
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sandy Lane

With the 60 going to SC I wonder if TDC will be reducing their fleet size or have they got other work lined up?

LazyGuy222

Any information about possible route takeovers?

Steveminor

Our first thoughts should be with the 180 members of staff who now find themselves on the growing list of unemployment.

I wish them all luck in these uncertain times.

JoNi

A TfWM member of staff has a laminated poster in Pool Meadow that he's about to put up which says X6 not running will be run by Arriva from tomorrow.

WilliamLeylandNational

Terrible news for the staff affected and for the De Courcey family.

Feels like a bit of a wake up call - possible watershed moment.

WilliamLeylandNational

Quote from: JoNi on August 24, 2020, 12:11:11 PM
A TfWM member of staff has a laminated poster in Pool Meadow that he's about to put up which says X6 not running will be run by Arriva from tomorrow.

This notice is now up

Bus Man K2

Feel so sorry for the family who run this comapny and all of the employees.

What's happening to all the routes then?

I already know about the 60 being cut up into 2 services.

1. between Tesco and Uni of Warwick via Whitley. Stagecoach to operare this part of the route as service 60.

2  NX to operate the 14 and 14A to replace part of the 60/8 & 8A in Eastern Green and to Uni of Warwick.

What about the other part of the route?

X6 going to Arriva.

That's all I know.

Sandy Lane

Really sad news for what was a proactive business in Coventry. Do we know what will happen to the 585 as it looks like the remaining route without an operator?

JoNi

The press release says no passengers were carried on the X6 but what it actually means is that no tickets were issued or passes validated which isn't the same thing!

DJ

I'm told NX will be running the 585, with the X6 ran from Thurmaston.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk