News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Travel de Courcey -- General Thread

Started by Valandil, June 27, 2014, 07:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 20, 2020, 01:37:58 PM
But surely it should be 60 and 61 then to mirror the old services? yes I know that it's only the eastern part of the route but still.

Why should it? That stretch was just the 60 before the circle was recreated
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Lukeeee2018

Has anyone heard anything about the Arena Park to Allesley Park section of the route? This seems to be the only bit not covered now.

JoNi

Are school buses coming back to NX or being worked by independent with seat belts?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Kevin on August 20, 2020, 03:25:27 PM
Why should it? That stretch was just the 60 before the circle was recreated

Maby so, but now it's back to operating as a circular maby Stagecoach should be using these numbers not ones prior to the Circle being created.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 20, 2020, 04:03:41 PM
Maby so, but now it's back to operating as a circular maby Stagecoach should be using these numbers not ones prior to the Circle being created.

It isn't a circular though is it?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on August 20, 2020, 04:53:42 PM

No but as the current route operates 60 one way and 61 the other. it makes sense to keep those numbers, rather than just keeping the one, doesn't it?

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 20, 2020, 05:00:32 PM
No but as the current route operates 60 one way and 61 the other. it makes sense to keep those numbers, rather than just keeping the one, doesn't it?

No. No other route in the West Midlands has different numbers each way apart from circular routes

JoNi

Quote from: Tony on August 20, 2020, 04:53:42 PM

"Proper" circulars like the Inner and Outer circulars in Brum have overlapping passengers flows and decent headways.
With simple letter A for Anti Clockwise, C for Clockwise
Coventrys outer circle is a collection of routes thrown together to create the longest bus route in Europe at the time the 360. Big deal!
60A and 61A suffix means it doesn't serve Jaguar! This route variant will remain without the letter! Goodbye but not farewell!

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on August 20, 2020, 05:10:58 PM
No. No other route in the West Midlands has different numbers each way apart from circular routes

Sorry Tony but I think I'm still right in saying they should keep the 60 and 61 numbers and not just renumber it to the 60. Like @JoNi has said the Birmingham outter and inner  circle routes have the same number but then have a letter suffex for Clockwise and Anti-Clockwise. I think the Coventry one is no help just a number and no suffex but when the A come into play it's a variation not because it's an anticlockwise service.

JoNi

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 20, 2020, 05:27:24 PM
Sorry Tony but I thinj I'm still right in saying they should keep the 60 and 61 numbers and not just renumber it to the 60. Like Joni has said the Birmingham outter and inner  circle routes have the same number but then have a letter suffex for Clockwise and Anti-Clockwise. I think the Coventry one is no help just a number and no suffex but when the A come into play it's a variation not because it's an anticlockwise service.

Why not give it another number like 801!

Bus Man K2

Quote from: JoNi on August 20, 2020, 05:30:04 PM

And maybe 802 for the return?

ellspurs

Quote from: JoNi on August 20, 2020, 05:30:04 PM

Or the 25!

If it isn't being ran as a circular any more, then there's no reason to keep it as a one number going one way and another number going the other way.

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 20, 2020, 05:31:31 PM

Why does the return journey need a different service number? What is so special about this route that it requires different service numbers for different directions on a non-circular route?

The 27 in Birmingham doesn't retain the 27A/27C for which direction it is going now it is no longer a circular.

JoNi

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 20, 2020, 05:31:31 PM

Just imagine somebody uses the route for first time and when they alight they ask the driver where do I get this bus back from, only for the driver to say its a different number. The passenger then asks why is it different and you can see why front line staff can become disenchanted with "management"

Bus Man K2

Quote from: JoNi on August 20, 2020, 05:43:53 PM
Just imagine somebody uses the route for first time and when they alight they ask the driver where do I get this bus back from, only for the driver to say its a different number. The passenger then asks why is it different and you can see why front line staff can become disenchanted with "management"

Ok maybe they should just have one number and not a differnt number for the retun journey.   May be not the 60 though and maby a different number.

JoNi

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 20, 2020, 05:53:00 PM
Ok maybe they should just have one number and not a differnt number for the retun journey.   May be not the 60 though and maby a different number.

The removal of 60A and 61A alone will require about 100 stop flags to be changed. The new style 60 and 61 flag at Jaguar snapped off in high wind a while ago as these lightweight flags have done at exposed locations elsewhere in the city.
It hadn't occurred to me until I looked at Traveline West Midlands that routes with different directional numbers requires two queries to be made and no advice on what the other route is!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk