News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Travel de Courcey -- General Thread

Started by Valandil, June 27, 2014, 07:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Lane

Quote from: 2206 on April 25, 2018, 10:08:51 PM
Its been said many times National Express West Midlands have got the JLR contract.
What was the date of the change to NX?

Tony

Sandy Lane

Kevin

Quote from: Straightlines on July 13, 2018, 09:35:16 PM
Looks like with the loss of the JLR contract they are trying to raise some cash...

If the JLR contract was all that was keeping them afloat I worry for their future
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

winston

Quote from: Kevin on July 14, 2018, 09:52:11 AM
If the JLR contract was all that was keeping them afloat I worry for their future

They are simply disposing of excess assets, none of which were employed on the JLR contract. Why would they need portacabin offices when they're building a new depot? They are selling oldest single deckers / not newest.

JLR was a large / important contract, but I think everyone's forgetting the circa 30 coaches that are employed daily on NX coach work / NEC car park shuttles (10 x Citaro's + Darts as extra's) + their bus work.

metrocity

Quote from: Winston on July 14, 2018, 10:07:58 AM
They are simply disposing of excess assets, none of which were employed on the JLR contract. Why would they need portacabin offices when they're building a new depot? They are selling oldest single deckers / not newest.

JLR was a large / important contract, but I think everyone's forgetting the circa 30 coaches that are employed daily on NX coach work / NEC car park shuttles (10 x Citaro's + Darts as extra's) + their bus work.
Totally agree with you Winston

Adam 404

Quote from: Straightlines on July 13, 2018, 09:35:16 PM
Also MCV Evolutions and an Optare Tempo for sale.
It appears that the Optare Tempo has been sold as it is no longer listed.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/mike-decou

Quote from: Adam 404 on July 19, 2018, 04:21:38 PM
It appears that the Optare Tempo has been sold as it is no longer listed.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/mike-decou
You can't really tell just from that.
It could have been sold or it could just be that the items listing has ended, depending on how long was left on the listing.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Dennis

Quote from: Winston on July 14, 2018, 10:07:58 AM

Are they still actually building the depot? Nothing much seems to have happened in the past six months or so, work completely stopped. Perhaps they have started with it again.

There isn't a whole lot of bus work, certainly not commercially operated work these days. Further cuts to 585 mean WCC are putting parts back out to tender and their Centro tenders are all up for renewal in the autumn.

Knowing that NX are building their coach unit again it must make local contractors feel a bit worried.

winston

Quote from: Dennis on July 19, 2018, 09:19:07 PM
Are they still actually building the depot? Nothing much seems to have happened in the past six months or so, work completely stopped. Perhaps they have started with it again.

There isn't a whole lot of bus work, certainly not commercially operated work these days. Further cuts to 585 mean WCC are putting parts back out to tender and their Centro tenders are all up for renewal in the autumn.

Knowing that NX are building their coach unit again it must make local contractors feel a bit worried.

No idea on the current status of the re-build.

The NXWM coach unit as such is primarily for the JLR contract, there doesn't seem any great desire to take more of the NX coach work in-house, NXWM @ WA have pretty much kept to the original ex Whittle's routes they took on. I understand Edwards will be expanding further soon with a new base at Heathrow, with some work taken over from WMT Ltd (Sipson Road)

Sandy Lane

Im surprised MDC lost to Arriva and NX and Stagecoach in recent times. What happened to the innovative management style thry had when they first started? I would start looking at what could be done with the remaining services. Example, I would extend the 585's that no longer go to Rugby to the Warwickshire shopping park via Clifford Bridge Rd and Brandon Rd.

MW

Lol maybe Rotala will be knocking on their doors soon.

JPC

Quote from: Sandy Lane on July 21, 2018, 01:16:30 PM
Im surprised MDC lost to Arriva and NX and Stagecoach in recent times. What happened to the innovative management style thry had when they first started? I would start looking at what could be done with the remaining services. Example, I would extend the 585's that no longer go to Rugby to the Warwickshire shopping park via Clifford Bridge Rd and Brandon Rd.

I would like the 60 to go via WSP at during off peak daytimes (in lieu of Whitley JLR), this will allow the Igo 26 service to shortcut and extend potentially as far as Gulson Road.

I also wonder if the Diamond X30/31 tender is due for expiry possibly next year, the service began in summer of 2009 and was allocated funding by the now defunct Advantage West Midlands, it'll be another mop up by WMCA I suppose.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: MW on July 21, 2018, 03:00:25 PM
Lol maybe Rotala will be knocking on their doors soon.
I was thinking the same thing. It would give them an eastern base and good for doing a raid on Coventry and Rugby services as well. Maybe the X30 contract renewal will decide matters?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk