News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Travel de Courcey -- General Thread

Started by Valandil, June 27, 2014, 07:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gc802002

I have seen a fair bit of chatter on other groups that some of their work is currently out to emergency tender...

I have seen a few state they have retained most but not all work... 23rd of August is a date mentioned a fair bit for the changes to happen

How much truth is there in any of this (If Any at all?) - And if any of the services have been lost, does anyone know to whom?

JPC

Quote from: gc802002 on August 13, 2020, 04:38:23 PM
I have seen a fair bit of chatter on other groups that some of their work is currently out to emergency tender...

I have seen a few state they have retained most but not all work... 23rd of August is a date mentioned a fair bit for the changes to happen

How much truth is there in any of this (If Any at all?) - And if any of the services have been lost, does anyone know to whom?

Date is probably 30th August as that is when NX Coventry starts running their 'new' 14/14A service : City - Whoberley - Eastern Green - Tile Hill Station - Canley - University of Warwick, seemingly replacing DeCourcey's 60/61 between Whoberley and University of Warwick.  This western arc of the 60/61 has been suspended since 22nd March.

LazyGuy222

Is the word that they are close to going bankrupt true?
If it is, is there any news whether NXC or another company will take the X6 over?

JPC

Quote from: JPC on August 13, 2020, 08:55:39 PM
Date is probably 30th August as that is when NX Coventry starts running their 'new' 14/14A service : City - Whoberley - Eastern Green - Tile Hill Station - Canley - University of Warwick, seemingly replacing DeCourcey's 60/61 between Whoberley and University of Warwick.  This western arc of the 60/61 has been suspended since 22nd March.

In light of the Cheylesmore area gaining an NX link to University Hospital the 60/61 service might possibly be further trimmed to only operate : Whitley - University Hospital - Arena Park - Allesley Park/Whoberley assuming the daytime service returns to pre-covid frequencies.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: JPC on August 13, 2020, 08:55:39 PM

I'm assuning that the 'new' 14 and 14A will serve the same roads thst the 60/61 does currently between Eastern Green and Uni of Warwick?

paulb1973

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 17, 2020, 11:33:27 AM
I'm assuning that the 'new' 14 and 14A will serve the same roads thst the 60/61 does currently between Eastern Green and Uni of Warwick?

I have, on my own notes (for the 60/61 Eastern Green to University of Warwick section approx) these roads covered:

from...Lower Eastern Green Lane, Alspath Lane, Unicorn Avenue, Sutton Avenue, Farcroft Avenue, Broad Lane, Jardine Crescent, Tile Hill North terminus, then; Jardine Crescent, Bushbery Avenue, Roosevelt Drive, Hawthorn Lane, Tile Hill Lane, Station Avenue, Cromwell Lane, Charter Avenue, Mitchell Avenue, Westwood Way, Gibbet Hill Road, University of Warwick.

I don't actually know if the NXC 14/14A will mirror these exactly? Obviously they'll be a slight difference if the 14 is to cover Cannon Park as well. The current 8/8A to Eastern Green serves Hockley Lane - can that be incorporated too?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: paulb1973 on August 17, 2020, 03:21:17 PM
I have, on my own notes (for the 60/61 Eastern Green to University of Warwick section approx) these roads covered:

from...Lower Eastern Green Lane, Alspath Lane, Unicorn Avenue, Sutton Avenue, Farcroft Avenue, Broad Lane, Jardine Crescent, Tile Hill North terminus, then; Jardine Crescent, Bushbery Avenue, Roosevelt Drive, Hawthorn Lane, Tile Hill Lane, Station Avenue, Cromwell Lane, Charter Avenue, Mitchell Avenue, Westwood Way, Gibbet Hill Road, University of Warwick.

I don't actually know if the NXC 14/14A will mirror these exactly? Obviously they'll be a slight difference if the 14 is to cover Cannon Park as well. The current 8/8A to Eastern Green serves Hockley Lane - can that be incorporated too?

Thanks for that @paulb1973.

I would like someone to answer it definitively so it would help me even more. Not saying that this doesn't. If anybody elsecan enlighten me please do!

I would think if the 14 mentions Cannon Hill Park Shops then it would go there, unless theres a last minute change of heart (which I don't thenk NX will have).  Plus it would be helpful to people if there was another service that did go to the Shops at Cannon Hill Park as there is only one other service that does it except the 10A. this being the less regular 47.

paulb1973

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 17, 2020, 04:30:40 PM
Thanks for that @paulb1973.

I would like someone to answer it definitively so it would help me even more. Not saying that this doesn't. If anybody elsecan enlighten me please do!

I would think if the 14 mentions Cannon Hill Park Shops then it would go there, unless theres a last minute change of heart (which I don't thenk NX will have).  Plus it would be helpful to people if there was another service that did go to the Shops at Cannon Hill Park as there is only one other service that does it except the 10A. this being the less regular 47.

I've been checking a few internet sources and it doesn't seem like that the new timetables have been released yet. So its guess work at the moment. There is a much quicker way to the University of Warwick from Eastern Green (going straight down Banner Lane, Station Ave, Cromwell Lane, Charter Ave etc) but will they use that much more convoluted route (a-la De Courcey 60/61) instead. We'll find out soon I guess.

leepenfold30

Who's taking over X6 Route Leicester & Coventry

gc802002

gc802002

The Outer Circle 60 is going to Stagecoach Nuneaton according to Facebook?

JPC

Quote from: gc802002 on August 19, 2020, 12:46:15 PM

Hmm, I suppose they may possibly still operate a complete orbital 60/61 route, taking a revised route between Warwick Uni and Whoberley such as along Wolfe Rd, Gravel Hill or Templar Ave to Jardine Crescent and then perhaps Eastern Green Road to Nod Rise, and being a single-deck only garage there should be no worries about bashing that rail bridge.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: gc802002 on August 19, 2020, 12:46:15 PM

who's going to be running the 61 then? As Stagecoach have just added the 60 timetable to their website but not the 61.

Kevin

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 20, 2020, 12:45:03 PM
who's going to be running the 61 then? As Stagecoach have just added the 60 timetable to their website but not the 61.

Well given the timetable on the Stagecoach website is only Uni to Tesco via the eastern side of Coventry and return, does that not give you a clue? Their 60 will only be that stretch of the route
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Kevin on August 20, 2020, 01:19:24 PM
Well given the timetable on the Stagecoach website is only Uni to Tesco via the eastern side of Coventry and return, does that not give you a clue? Their 60 will only be that stretch of the route

But surely it should be 60 and 61 then to mirror the old services? yes I know that it's only the eastern part of the route but still.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk