News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Least Favourite Bus (NXWM or Otherwise)

Started by Sh4318, April 02, 2014, 06:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

I'm not sure whether this type of thread's been done before, and I'm not gonna bother making a poll, because there's so many buses to choose from, someone else can if they want. What's your least favourite type of bus? For me, it's the Hybrids, I have absolutely no interest in them, obviously good for the environment ;), but they have no personality, no character, nothing that makes you turn around and admire it. Not to mention their counterparts have been sounding engines, particularly the Enviro 400/Trident 
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Trident 4609

I'm not keen on the 61 plate E400's at all. Seem slower than other batches and found very bland indeed!  Also I really don't like Spectra 4006. A very slow bus indeed (Hate it and so do lot of drivers a WN!)

andrew1991

Quote from: Sh4318 on April 02, 2014, 06:26:22 PM
I'm not sure whether this type of thread's been done before, and I'm not gonna bother making a poll, because there's so many buses to choose from, someone else can if they want. What's your least favourite type of bus? For me, it's the Hybrids, I have absolutely no interest in them, obviously good for the environment ;), but they have no personality, no character, nothing that makes you turn around and admire it. Not to mention their counterparts have been sounding engines, particularly the Enviro 400/Trident

You haven't heard 5421 then ?

Sh4318

Quote from: Andrew on April 02, 2014, 06:43:56 PM

No, what's so special about 5421?

Quote from: Nathan on April 02, 2014, 06:36:33 PM
I'm not keen on the 61 plate E400's at all. Seem slower than other batches and found very bland indeed!  Also I really don't like Spectra 4006. A very slow bus indeed (Hate it and so do lot of drivers a WN!)

I used to think the same, they've grown on me though. Very disappointed that NXWM don't have any Voith Enviros :'(
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

andrew1991

Quote from: Sh4318 on April 02, 2014, 06:48:34 PM
Quote from: Andrew on April 02, 2014, 06:43:56 PM

No, what's so special about 5421?

I used to think the same, they've grown on me though. Very disappointed that NXWM don't have any Voith Enviros :'(

It has a loud whistle noise, you hear it before you see it.

Trident 4609

5421 does sound quite distinctive. 5412/14 also have distinctive whistles respectivley

Stu

I quite like the hybrid buses that NXWM have, though I do admit I have a preference for the B5LH Geminis, they do feel like more 'proper' hybrids when it seems they've 'cut-out' or 'stalled' but keep moving at slow speeds!

Least favourite type of bus though would still be the Volvo B6LE Crusaders, horrid little buses, plenty of space towards the front, but very cramped in the rear seats! Don't miss them at all, was glad to see the back of them when the last ones were withdrawn from Acocks Green.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

P419 EJW

Most of them apart from Wright Crusader Volvo B6LEs and B10Ls. Geminis, B7RLEs (in WA), some E400s (some, like 4718) and Presidents are great. Tridents, Scanias, B7RLE2s, newer E400s and E200s are shit.  The Wright Eclipse Urban 2 buses... the front window inside, I really don't like how they laid out. A silly window "extension" sticking out on the left side... I expected something like the B6s/B10Ls, the window stayed in the middle. To be honest, there isn't anything to "feel" like this is a Wright bus. I mean, like, the chairs are identical to the Tridents. The floor design feels like it is a Scania, at the back it is a bit high. I would have preferred the bus to have the back seats to be lowered, same height like B10Ls, the chair design carried on using the B10Ls design of the back chairs.

But, I understand it is to do with transition and shit. It isn't a Wright bus, more like Alexander bus.

Liverpool Street

...I really don't like Spectra 4006. A very slow...

I was about to ban you for abuse of members! [Ha ha ha]

Buses I hate the most... Hmm... Anything with Northern Counties Palatine II Bodywork. Just the look of them, ugh! Those typical 1990's large light clusters, easy to maintain but just no thought or personality went into the build. And nothing lines up with them.

That, and Darts. All types. Even modern ones. Every single poxy flipping DART!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

PM

Quote from: Liverpool Street on April 02, 2014, 09:15:38 PM
...I really don't like Spectra 4006. A very slow...

I was about to ban you for abuse of members! [Ha ha ha]

Buses I hate the most... Hmm... Anything with Northern Counties Palatine II Bodywork. Just the look of them, ugh! Those typical 1990's large light clusters, easy to maintain but just no thought or personality went into the build. And nothing lines up with them.

That, and Darts. All types. Even modern ones. Every single poxy flipping DART!

B7rle/esteem's are some of my least favourite, as are b6's, spectras, solo sr's, tempos, versas, omnilinks, sb200's. Also, scania/olympus buses are another type I dislike-the Metroline ones are horrendous.

Whilst I like darts, I am not really a fan of some euro3 darts which seem to rattle and shake about far more than the euro2 equivalents.

Jay

My Fav's are

NXWM - B7's

Hanson's Newest Dart's and E200

Arriva - E200

My The Force Be With You PN Garage

https://www.flickr.com/photos/train_nut/

trident4370

Least favourite, or most hated depending on how well you know me, easily the MKIII B7RLE.

the trainbasher

I have a major hatred of KS03 solos and KW02 darts. They're slow, rattly, and small!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Kiewii

I'm not a big fan of ZF buses or the newer B7RLEs. With the latter I always hit my head of the roof at the back and the side destination box while in the seat behind the door.

PM

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 02, 2014, 09:42:10 PM
I have a major hatred of KS03 solos and KW02 darts. They're slow, rattly, and small!

Great choices, especially the solos!!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk