News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Tyburn Road closure

Started by Stu, February 01, 2014, 06:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Apparently on Friday, part of the Tyburn Road was closed off due to road subsidence.

According to the BBC:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-25991806

"The A38 Tyburn Road eastbound at the A4040 Bromford Lane, has been closed causing long queues... Drivers can use a diversion via Bromford Lane and Heartlands Parkway."

The same information has also been posted by 'Birmingham Updates' on their Facebook page, as well as:
"Travel Update - Tyburn Road is closed inbound at the Bromford Lane jct. AVOID."

However, maybe my geography is sharper than both, but is it not the 'westbound' carriageway (towards city) that has been closed then?
And if so, can anyone confirm the diversion route the 67 service is taking? Apparently its been diverted towards city, but outbound journeys are unaffected? I'm guessing at this point that the 67 is having to follow the Bromford Lane / Heartlands Parkway / Cuckoo Road diversion to get to Lichfield Road?

This also highlights an issue where if there are unexpected diversions due to emergency road closures late on Friday or at the weekend, there is nothing being officially made available through 'official channels', such as NWM or NX Bus websites, Facebook pages or Twitter feeds, because these are only manned during Monday to Friday office hours!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Kevin

On Friday all the 67s were coming down Cuckoo Road, I actually thought it was still from a rtc at Salford Circus but I heard later about the Tyburn Road as well. Can't confirm if it's still the case though
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk