News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

1190 + Major Travel London Discussion = Off-Topic Goodness

Started by Liverpool Street, December 28, 2013, 08:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Kiewii on December 31, 2013, 12:29:51 AM
Quote from: Gareth on December 30, 2013, 08:55:08 PM
I believe the stagecoach London fleet is all leased. One of the main reasons being that the rest of the UK don't have to have continual ex London cascades.
There was an article in BUSES magazine a while back about it.

Well up here we've got 60 ex Stagecoach London Tridents and counting...

But didn't those come from the original Stagecoach London business (first time around) rather than the more recent incarnation of Stagecoach London which doesn't generally now cascade out ex London stock to the provinces

Kiewii

Quote from: Winston on December 31, 2013, 12:36:03 AM
I believe the stagecoach London fleet is all leased. One of the main reasons being that the rest of the UK don't have to have continual ex London cascades.

But didn't those come from the original Stagecoach London business (first time around) rather than the more recent incarnation of Stagecoach London which doesn't generally now cascade out ex London stock to the provinces

We've been getting them constantly from 2011 until now and probably wont need any more until 2014/15 when the recently repainted Olympians get withdrawn

Tony

Quote from: Winston on December 31, 2013, 12:36:03 AM

Most of the fleet acquired second time around was owned, I believe all vehicles taken into stock since have been leased

Tony

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 28, 2013, 08:59:37 PM
Just want to say what an excellent shot of new upload of 1190. I recall that scene like it was yesterday. Argos Extra, Lynx on the 35, Corporation Street...

...10 years on near enough and the branding still isn't as good as back then!

If there could be one thing, and one thing only for things to back to, what would it be?

For me, I think it should've stuck as Travel West Midlands but maintained the 'toothpaste' livery. - of which were a natural progression of the TWM livery.

So, what about you? Corporation Street remained open? Old service numbers? None-DDA bus laws revoked? Etc

Don't forget the 35 was unusual in having single & double decks branded for it at the same time
see this http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/gonebatches/2855.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk