News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Buses on TV

Started by Trident 4609, December 24, 2013, 09:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busboy31

YX61 FZT was in the 3rd April episode of EastEnders

B61 ANDREW

Watching Bangers and Cash recently and what I took to be a Duple 320 bodied coach converted to a car transporter appeared carrying the reg 5887AW . BUT on checking Flickr and Busview , the vehicle was actually a Seddon Pennine which originally carried a Alexander body - MSJ388P. Did it ever venture down this way and appear at Digbeth Coach Station when in its original guise ??  Sorry if this is already part of this thread , I only checked the first few pages.

Tony

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on July 09, 2023, 09:37:17 PMWatching Bangers and Cash recently and what I took to be a Duple 320 bodied coach converted to a car transporter appeared carrying the reg 5887AW . BUT on checking Flickr and Busview , the vehicle was actually a Seddon Pennine which originally carried a Alexander body - MSJ388P. Did it ever venture down this way and appear at Digbeth Coach Station when in its original guise ??  Sorry if this is already part of this thread , I only checked the first few pages.
It's quite possible it has visited Digbeth coach station, most of that batch did in the late 1970s on the Glasgow to Birmingham service. It wasn't unknown for Midland Red to 'borrow' them during layover and sent them out on local bus work.

Roy

WN 5413 on service 1 in Lichfield Street in Thursday's edition of Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys.

Rachvince53

Quote from: Roy on July 22, 2023, 12:25:07 PMWN 5413 on service 1 in Lichfield Street in Thursday's edition of Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys.
Not related to buses but no mention of the new railway station yet when he was in Coventry he was all over it. I know its not The Architecture The Railways Built but not even a bit about the historic railways and former railways or the Metro link.

Westy

Slightly off topic, but I'm blowed if I'm starting a new thread for something that might only get a few replies, but if it takes off, the mods can decide.

Lbc's Sangita Myska is discussing buses at 3pm today, on her show!

TGZac

WB 4510 on ITV evening news

Rachvince53

I watched the last episode of Last of the Summer Wine tonight and a Bedford OB appears towards the end of the episode to transport guests to a wedding. Any idea which bus this was and does it still exist?

midlandred2003

FWW 596 ex West Yorkshire.

midlandred2003

Quote from: Rachvince53 on July 27, 2023, 08:17:20 PMI watched the last episode of Last of the Summer Wine tonight and a Bedford OB appears towards the end of the episode to transport guests to a wedding. Any idea which bus this was and does it still exist?
FWW 596 ex West Yorkshire.

suavegarv

West Bromwich Corporation 174 - GEA 174 seen on Lenny Henry's ITV 1 drama,Three Little Birds.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

82/87 branded MMC on Midlands Today on the report about Dudley Bus Station closing. Then in the trailer for Waterloo Road there was an Optare Solo looked like an older model as it had the Square/Rectangular Rear Lights as opposed to the Circular LED's it had an Orange Bumper and was mostly White Back. It looked like one of the kids on the show had pinched it. I assume it would be a Manchester based operator of that Solo as I think that's where Waterloo Road is set
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

busboy31

MX62 LWH is featured on tonight's episode of Coronation Street and also in an episode from May 2023

BlackCountryBusSpotter

In Mr Bates Vs The Post Office the real life documentary when they move to cover a local story they use a shot of The Bullring where an NX Platnium and Red and White E400 are outside. Also in the Drama a Stagecoach I think E200MMC features in the third/fourth episode in Ellesmere Port. 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

D10

Just seen some archive footage of BCT and WMPTE on Central News (West Midlands edition) tonight. Article was about an Oldbury care home that has installed a "bus stop" to encourage memories from it's residents.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk