News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Out of curiosity, are there passengers going from Bromsgrove to the QE on the 20, as was planned/mooted at the time, bearing in mind the QE is near to Uni station?

Why didn't NX try the option of extending the 63 from Rubery to Bromsgrove, similar to what they did with the X3 from Hill Hook to Lichfield or the Coventry 20 from Bedworth to Nuneaton?

TGZac

Quote from: Westy on September 09, 2024, 08:52:32 PMOut of curiosity, are there passengers going from Bromsgrove to the QE on the 20, as was planned/mooted at the time, bearing in mind the QE is near to Uni station?

Why didn't NX try the option of extending the 63 from Rubery to Bromsgrove, similar to what they did with the X3 from Hill Hook to Lichfield or the Coventry 20 from Bedworth to Nuneaton?
I believe that the original plan was that the 49 was to be extended to Bromsgrove, but they decided on the 20 instead.

Tony

Quote from: Westy on September 09, 2024, 08:52:32 PMOut of curiosity, are there passengers going from Bromsgrove to the QE on the 20, as was planned/mooted at the time, bearing in mind the QE is near to Uni station?

Then what would have served Rubery to Frankly 

Westy

TGZac

Quote from: Westy on September 09, 2024, 10:57:55 PMTo be honest, I forgot about Frankley!

Frankley does have a fair amount of bus users, which means removing a Bristol Road route can and has caused complaints, such as when the 61 was reinstated in July 2018 replacing the X61, it missed out Ormond Road and Boleyn Road. Two small roads, but still led to complaints leading to a rerouting of the 61 in March 2019 to serve those two roads again.

SO6597

I've been on the 20 several times in recent weeks as I try to ride as many Geminis as possible before they disappear. My journeys between Selly Oak and Bromsgrove have seen passengers mainly travelling to Bromsgrove from Longbridge and Rubery (and vice versa) and then another batch from Longbridge onwards towards Selly Oak and the QE. Not so many being picked up or dropped off between Rubery and Bromsgrove (and reverse) but that may not be typical.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk