News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

London Buses.

Started by Stuharris 6360, November 21, 2013, 08:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

That's a welcome win for Abellio winning the 207 / N207 off Metroline

markcf83

Greenford losing the 207 represents not far off HALF the garage's total output. Ironically the new Abellio garage in Southall is being built on part of the site of the former AEC works which is next to the main London to Bristol railway line,and from which I assume it will run from.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

markcf83

It appears that London United will be taking over the one time London Country garage at Watford when Arriva lose their routes to them in September. At least it's not going to be housing which was the original plan for the site.

winston

Quote from: markcf83 on July 16, 2018, 04:08:42 PM
It appears that London United will be taking over the one time London Country garage at Watford when Arriva lose their routes to them in September. At least it's not going to be housing which was the original plan for the site.

Interesting... I'm assuming London United will be ideally looking to fill it in due course.

markcf83

The routes still left there now pass to London United except for the 305-which is to disappear after changes to the 303. I would guess the 142 & 258 will also be returning there.

Ian Hardy

RATP London are not acquiring Garston from Arriva, they have purchased a industrial unit near to their Harrow Garage and another site in Canons Park which will enable all the ex Arriva routes and the H12 from Metroline to be taken on 1st September 2018.

See the latest news page on the London Omnibus Traction Society website: http://www.lots.org.uk/

Ian Hardy

winston

Here's a good summary of where the faultless TfL will wielding the axe:
http://diamondgeezer.blogspot.com/2018/08/central-london-bus-cuts.html

Kevin

Quote from: Winston on August 18, 2018, 07:13:05 PM
Here's a good summary of where the faultless TfL will wielding the axe:
http://diamondgeezer.blogspot.com/2018/08/central-london-bus-cuts.html

Oh look, another chance for a rose-tinted glasses moan about losing "long-standing connections" and constantly changing things "as if they don't know what they are doing"

Change is obviously necessary in London, hopefully this is only the start
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

markcf83

Quote from: Kevin on August 19, 2018, 07:07:54 AM
Oh look, another chance for a rose-tinted glasses moan about losing "long-standing connections" and constantly changing things "as if they don't know what they are doing"

Change will be coming.....the useless Mayor will be out of his job.

winston

Quote from: Kevin on August 19, 2018, 07:07:54 AM

Yes, change is necessary to cut costs! As TfL are haemorrhaging money.

"As if they don't know what they're doing" ?? TfL were £176 million in the red judging by the 2017/18 report, good aren't they!

markcf83

Metrobus have won the 227 from Stagecoach London. This will change operators in June next year. Stagecoach London have held onto the 124 and 136 at Catford with the current buses to be used-it's worth noting that new hybrids are being introduced to the 136 currently. The dates of the new contracts for the 124/136 are to begin in May 2019.

Stuharris 6360

LBSL intends to enter into new contracts for the following routes with the operators listed below:

Route   Current Operator                     New Operator               PVR     Vehicles         
211       Abellio London                          London United                 16        2016 Euro VI New Routemaster
272       London United                          London United                   8        New Euro VI diesel single deck
406       Quality Line                               Quality Line                       7       New Euro VI hybrid double deck
440       London United                          London United                  11       New Euro VI diesel single deck
681       London United                          London United                   2        New Euro VI hybrid double deck
E3        London United                          London United                  20        2012 Euro V hybrid double deck*
E10      London United                          Abellio West London        11        New Euro VI diesel single deck
E11      London United                          Abellio West London          5        New Euro VI diesel single deck

* Already upgraded to Euro VI emissions standards.

The above contracts will commence on the following dates:

25th May 2019: Routes 272, 440 & E11.
1st June 2019: Routes E3 & E10.
29th June 2019: Routes 211 & 406.
6th July 2019: Route 681.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

CL

Longshot question; does anyone have a rough list of the buses in the Poppy Appeal livery? (regardless of operator)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Quote from: CL on November 04, 2018, 01:02:17 PM
Longshot question; does anyone have a rough list of the buses in the Poppy Appeal livery? (regardless of operator)

easily available to find. Just put ZB into London Vehicle finder
https://lvf.io/#LDN|ZB

CL

Quote from: Tony on November 04, 2018, 02:09:43 PM
easily available to find. Just put ZB into London Vehicle finder
https://lvf.io/#LDN|ZB
Thanks, Tony. :)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk