News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Discount Travel Solutions

Started by winston, October 30, 2013, 07:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

Mpd NA52AWZ arrived this morning and is being prepared ready for painting.

countryliner

@Steveminor - Thanks for the info. Will NA52 AWZ get painted in the same Discount Travel blue livery that X179 CTG was painted in to. Also will you be keeping the electric wheelchair ramp or will you be converting it to a manual wheelchair ramp.

I found a photo of NA52 AWZ on flickr taken a few days ago on 5/12/2015 at Ensignbus (bus dealers).

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/routemaster2217/23006085124/in/search_QM_q_IS_NA52AWZ_AND_mt_IS_all_AND_w_IS_all_AND_s_IS_rec

It seems like this bus has been stored at Ensignbus ever since it left Go Ahead North East.

Steveminor

It will be painted in blue dts livery & the ramp has already been converted to a manual one.

countryliner

Adam 404

Section 2.4 – Variation Applications Granted
PD1121581 SN
DISCOUNT TRAVEL SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Director(s): KAMALDEEP SINGH.
UNIT 3, BRIDGE STREET SOUTH , SMETHWICK B66 3DR
Increased authorisation at existing operating centre: UNIT 3 BRIDGE STREET
SOUTH  SMETHWICK B66 3DR ()
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 6 vehicle(s),

countryliner

@Adam 404 - That is interesting to hear. I wonder if Discount Travel will start any new bus routes or increase the frequency of their route 966 service.

Adam 404

Quote from: countryliner on December 31, 2015, 06:01:52 PM
@Adam 404 - That is interesting to hear. I wonder if Discount Travel will start any new bus routes or increase the frequency of their route 966 service.
I agree, I am intrigued to find that they will have more buses... They may well start Contract Hires possibly... We will have to see what 2016 brings for Discount Travel...

countryliner

@Adam 404 - Yes i suppose they might start to do Private Hire and Private Contract work. I have seen from flickr photos that quite a few new buses (mainly MPDs) have arrived for Discount / Social / Sunny but i am not yet sure which ones are going to which operators. So yes i suppose we will have to wait and see what happens in 2016.

NA52 AWZ was on the 966 yesterday.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

countryliner

@2206 - That is good to hear that their new buses are entering service. Just out of interest did you see what other vehicle(s) were on the Discount Travel route 966 service as well.

Steveminor

countryliner

@Steveminor - Thanks for the info. So have S929 PDD and R935 FOO been converted to DDA compliant so that they can continue in service or have they now been withdrawn.

Steveminor

countryliner

countryliner

@tphi12000 - Thanks for the info. However are you sure that it was on the 11C as this is operated by Social Travel not Discount Travel. Also are you sure that it was KV03 ZFS as i believe that this is with Sunny Travel not Discount Travel.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk