News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva Tamworth

Started by windy miller, May 03, 2012, 03:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: Dutsey on April 04, 2017, 03:32:17 PM
I have been using the 110 for the past couple of days and was surprised how well used the service is especially between Birmingham and Sutton

Even now with Platinum treatment there are people that let an NX bus go and wait for the 110
It's probably because it's a fairly long established competitor and people trust it more, like Diamond on the 16 in Hamstead
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

andy41

Quote from: Kevin on April 05, 2017, 07:50:01 AM
Even now with Platinum treatment there are people that let an NX bus go and wait for the 110
It's probably because it's a fairly long established competitor and people trust it more, like Diamond on the 16 in Hamstead

For the years that I drove the 110 I used to find that a lot of people used to prefer it to NX just so that they didn't have to travel with the Sutton Coldfield College rabble that take over the entire NX timetable for about 4 hours per day. Plus it was widely perceived that the 110 spent less time at stops loading and unloading and was therefore a little quicker. I was even once told by a passenger that she would get on it just to avoid the Aston Uni relief scenario which seems to occur on almost every inbound NX service I catch these days, no doubt it is just bad luck!

John

Volvo 3872 was on the 110 yesterday, in City around 5.20pm. Even followed  me out on the Lichfield Road to beat the expressway traffic

leepenfold30

3727-3731 and 3742-3743 Joining Tamworth

Bob

Have 3727-31 ever been repainted? One was looking absolutely terrible at Cannock before it left.

Bob

Have they had an internal retrim? They needed it when at cannock the seats stank. In fairness they weren't very well looked after

TOF719S

No Same seats, they have however had replacement cushions where needed and are very acceptable buses to travel on.
As I said they leave the depot in better condition than when they arrived. 3728 and 3730 looked awful when they arrived at Oswestry and the depot staff asked for all 5 of them to be refurbished to MAX standard for route 70 but this was was rejected.
Its a shame they are now deemed worthy of refurbishment when its not really needed, but for another depot!!!

Bob

Are they expected to get a refurbished interior now then? Have to say it's a strange swap of vehicles!

TOF719S

Yes all 5 mk1 Pulsars and mk2's 3742/3 are being fully refurbished due to competition in Tamworth.
Staff at Oswestry have been told that the Scania's are "well worn" and we have been told that one of them is indeed still in the mk1 livery!!!
It really beggars belief that 2 years ago they were standardising the fleet now they are moving 5 potentially costly non standard motors into a rural depot that has never ran the type before!!!

Bob

Yep. Also if moving in buses that are largely older and pretty much inferior to the scanias is their answer to competition.....😂😂😂😂😂

Bob

Christ knows what they'd do if anyone took em on in Cannock! Well they could reduce frequencies like they did on the 70 in response to nxwms 154

Adam 404

YN64AOG

Just re-done my website.  Check it out to see all my photos.  Updated almost every day!

John

Hockley Hopper branded 3004 is on the 110. Just entering Birmingham now

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk