News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva Tamworth

Started by windy miller, May 03, 2012, 03:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Tosher on January 04, 2016, 10:48:30 PM
Yes the MIRA branded Scania single decks will move to Hinckley on the weekend of the 6th February.

3003 and 3004 have moved in from Cannock due to the increase of PVR by two due to the X65 relaunch today. Their move was in no way motivated directly by standardising vehicle types, not at first at any rate, initially it was going to be two other types!

3000 is now branded for the X65, 3001 will be done tomorrow afternoon in the depot. These and 3002 have wifi fitted and enabled and 3505 and 3506 will also receive wifi in the coming weeks (currently fitted but not enabled, look for the aerials on them above the cab).

Tosher

@BN someone knows your job better than you!

andy41

The 65 as it is now (formerly 765 and 776 before that) was a big earner for the depot, a shortfall which won't be filled by the X65. Is Tamworth getting any other work to replace it?

Have to say the situation they have ended up in by having a 65 and an X65 which are completely unrelated and run in completely different directions is pretty ridiculous and completely unnecessary in an operation of this size.

Fairly typical Arriva unfortunately.

andy41

Quote from: Tosher on January 05, 2016, 11:51:03 AM
The Nuneaton-Tamworth corridor is not a big earner, though different operators define this in very different ways and lets remember that it is therefore slightly subjective.

There was extensive dialogue about the numbering of the X65 Tamworth to Lichfield section - in the event it was decided to use this so as to resurrect a corridor/number that might be familiar following its withdrawal, having used that number, in relatively recent history.

With respect, I wasn't asking. It was a significant percentage of the depot income particularly on concessionary claims and student traffic compared to a low PVR and overheads.

The dialogue on the renumbering appears to have resulted in the silliest possible conclusion I would suggest.

BN

Quote from: Tony on January 05, 2016, 08:16:28 AM
@BN someone knows your job better than you!

Thats made me smile, of course it was standardisation. What other vehicles would have transferred in! No competition it was always going to be the 2 Mercs for the +2 pvr increase.

andy41

Quote from: Tosher on January 05, 2016, 08:47:04 PM
@andy41

Do you have access to the live figures?

Well if you do, I would suggest you probably shouldn't be on here discussing them....

andy41

Quote from: Tosher on January 05, 2016, 08:47:04 PM
@andy41

Do you have access to the live figures?

I didn't say I had access to the live figures, but I have knowledge of the historic ones.

A lot of your posts recently are from the perspective of somebody 'in the know' so I will ask you your own question? And if indeed you do, I would suggest you are taking considerable risks by imparting such information on here.

If you aren't, then your views are no more credible than anybody else's

legohead

Quote from: andy41 on January 06, 2016, 11:33:37 AM
I didn't say I had access to the live figures, but I have knowledge of the historic ones.

A lot of your posts recently are from the perspective of somebody 'in the know' so I will ask you your own question? And if indeed you do, I would suggest you are taking considerable risks by imparting such information on here.

If you aren't, then your views are no more credible than anybody else's

I agree Andy. Sadly the Arriva management graduate program leaves a lot to be desired...

andy41

Quote from: Tosher on January 06, 2016, 10:50:51 PM
I wouldn't of said this was a forum about figures other than fleet numbers, in reality!

The Arriva graduate programme??

@Tony, please note that this is a forum about nothing other than fleet numbers, and that none of its more established contributors have any knowledge whatsoever of the bus industry or have ever worked there. The bus industry only started about 3 weeks ago apparently...

winston

Quote from: andy41 on January 07, 2016, 10:53:52 AM
@Tony, please note that this is a forum about nothing other than fleet numbers, and that none of its more established contributors have any knowledge whatsoever of the bus industry or have ever worked there. The bus industry only started about 3 weeks ago apparently...

Additionally there's people in the know within the industry who hide behind aliases rather than showing their true identity.....

Steveminor

Very true @Winston. I hide behind nothing neither does @Simon Dunn .
In my opinion if you have to hide behind an alias then you must have something to hide or z hidden agenda.

Steveminor

@BN I wouldn't get into an argument with @Tony as to who knows your job better I'll back tony every day of the year & at least he is open about who he is

BN

Quote from: Steveminor on January 08, 2016, 06:24:49 AM
@BN I wouldn't get into an argument with @Tony as to who knows your job better I'll back tony every day of the year & at least he is open about who he is

Steve, what argument? I'm in no arguement with Tony. Also you know i work for Arriva, what else do i need to tell you please?

Kevin

Question guys.
Tamworth daysaver. How far along the 116 is it valid?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

andy41

Quote from: Kevin on January 08, 2016, 07:18:12 PM
Question guys.
Tamworth daysaver. How far along the 116 is it valid?

Baggeridge Brickworks, just past Dosthill.

legohead

Quote from: andy41 on January 05, 2016, 12:00:55 PM
With respect, I wasn't asking. It was a significant percentage of the depot income particularly on concessionary claims and student traffic compared to a low PVR and overheads.

The dialogue on the renumbering appears to have resulted in the silliest possible conclusion I would suggest.

The Tamworth - Nuneaton revenue has declined for a number of reasons Andy over the last few years. Namely..
1) Improved London Midland rail service (hourly frequency and approx 20 min journey time)
2) Increased presence from Stagecoach between Atherstone and Tamworth
3) Additional journey time incurred from serving MIRA

I'm told there are a number of issues at Tamworth depot since Arriva put a YTS in charge back in October

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk