News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva Tamworth

Started by windy miller, May 03, 2012, 03:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Cannocks pull away from bus stops at a snails pace so I'd imagine they'd have to do something to em!

Busman Jamie

the best modification for streetlites is scrap them

Kevin

I'm just trying to imagine a Streetlite on the Expressway...
It's a horrible thought
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bob

I'd imagine that they'd be pretty loud

Steveminor

Travel news...... The aston expressway is currently closed in both directions due to arriva needing to run their new extra buses on the 110

Bob

Lol was that a swipe at sarcasm :-p

Steveminor

Busman Jamie

if the streetlites are so fantastic, why do cannock always run a 63 plate pulsar on 1/2

arrifirststage

Quote from: Busman Jamie on September 11, 2015, 10:54:21 PM
the best modification for streetlites is scrap them
Yet another enthusiast expert......how is it that you are more capable than the chief engineers of Arriva and Firstgroup...what exactly are your qualifications for making such an absurd assertion?

Busman Jamie

how is my comment a mechanical 1? it was simply a question?

Steveminor

Take an optare solo that isn't the best bus ever built, then copy it "badly & cheaply" then have no real background maintenance for them (unless there is more than 6 at a time you can't get Wright to sort them ) then there you have it the Wright streetlight.
If they're really that good why did silverline regret buying them & revert back to adl products.

PM

Quote from: Steveminor on September 13, 2015, 04:37:37 PM
Take an optare solo that isn't the best bus ever built, then copy it "badly & cheaply" then have no real background maintenance for them (unless there is more than 6 at a time you can't get Wright to sort them ) then there you have it the Wright streetlight.
If they're really that good why did silverline regret buying them & revert back to adl products.

I think there were teething troubles with initial ones but now they're absolutel fine. They ride well, don't rattle or wallow and are comfortable to travel on, Arriva Sapphire and First Olympia spec ones in particular where interiors are ligher than on stock built examples. The WF ones aren't as attractive as an Optare Solo SR though...

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on September 13, 2015, 04:37:37 PM

Strange the senior engineers at Arriva, First, Stagecoach, Go-Ahead, National Express all have a different view. These people look at whole life costs, not just purchase price, so if they thought they wouldn't last, were built badly, or all the other accusations made, Wrights wouldn't have a full order book

Bob

They do rattle.  3306 rattles terribly.  They also aren't smooth, not at all. And the scream they make when even  a slightly higher bit of power is required... Theyre pretty unpleasant  buses, a Citaro or B7rle or dare I say it at a push a Pulsar is much nicer to travel on.

Tony

Quote from: Bob on September 13, 2015, 05:03:22 PM
They do rattle.  3306 rattles terribly.  They also aren't smooth, not at all. And the scream they make when even  a slightly higher bit of power is required... Theyre pretty unpleasant  buses, a Citaro or B7rle or dare I say it at a push a Pulsar is much nicer to travel on.

Do you know what Bob, don't know if you have travelled on an Arriva Citaro, but with those horrible seats they have fitted they are not nice for a long ride at all, give me one of the StreetLites any time for anything more than 15 minutes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk