News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva Tamworth

Started by windy miller, May 03, 2012, 03:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dutsey

Quote from: D10 on July 12, 2015, 08:43:26 PM
I would have though this service would be subsidised by MIRA, so it won't matter at first. If when the subsidy ends, there isn't enough patronage to make it viable, it will no doubt be axed.

Looking at the timetabe a journey over 75 mins between Tamworth and Mira which IMHO is far to long when you can get there is a car in about 30 mins. I wonder how the first couple of days have gone

Cheese

Quote from: Dutsey on July 21, 2015, 03:57:33 PM
Looking at the timetabe a journey over 75 mins between Tamworth and Mira which IMHO is far to long when you can get there is a car in about 30 mins. I wonder how the first couple of days have gone

There are a number of other places on this service such as Polesworth, Atherstone and Nuneaton, not just Tamworth... And it is the school holidays remember, I think there is a college on site at MIRA as well isn't there? They won't be back until September.

Dylanbusboy45

Saw too non Sapphires today. An un identified Citaro and Gemini 4200 are both on the 110 today.

John

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on August 10, 2015, 02:41:34 PM
Saw too non Sapphires today. An un identified Citaro and Gemini 4200 are both on the 110 today.

Maybe Tamworth would benefit from having a couple of extra new Enviro400s as spares

Bob

maybe they could have some of cannocks surplus s###elites lol

Dylanbusboy45

Yeh I think they do need some other Sapphire buses for backup. Maybe Streetlites would be a good choice and they could use them on the night or on Sunday's when the service isn't as busy.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on August 10, 2015, 06:03:23 PM
Yeh I think they do need some other Sapphire buses for backup. Maybe Streetlites would be a good choice and they could use them on the night or on Sunday's when the service isn't as busy.

Streetlites on the 110? Hellfire but utter madness. If they were set up for speed maybe, but I doubt none are.

williamposh

There may be Streetlites on the 110 sooner than you think

Bob

Theyre like snails though. Ok once theyve picked up speed but so slow pulling away!

Ashley 60171

Apparently it's going to happen. Secretly I'm happy if its true.

derningtona

I passed one of Tamworth's Sapphire 110 deckers yesterday in Cannock. I was entering Cannock on the A5 at the big new roundabout and it was going the other way round the roundabout - either towards Tamworth or Walsall but unfortunately I couldn't see where or what it was doing.
Only Guy Arabs (a choice of 63) stopped at my front door 1957-1964!

Bob

ah that explains why they were one bus short at least

2200 Bus

Quote from: derningtona on August 11, 2015, 09:04:35 AM
I passed one of Tamworth's Sapphire 110 deckers yesterday in Cannock. I was entering Cannock on the A5 at the big new roundabout and it was going the other way round the roundabout - either towards Tamworth or Walsall but unfortunately I couldn't see where or what it was doing.

Up for MOT at cannock

Kevin

Quote from: williamposh on August 10, 2015, 06:42:44 PM
There may be Streetlites on the 110 sooner than you think

Really? Streetlites on a route that NX are increasing frequency on?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bob

NX dont operate the 110???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk