News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New photo of 4593

Started by andy, May 01, 2012, 08:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy

Tony, am I imagining it or is that a modified shade of white of 4593's new livery?

Tony

I don't think so. I didn't pay that much attention, I had just taken reserve fleet's post up, and noticed it parked in the street outside, but just got a quick photo and dashed back inside!

John

I have noticed that on recent repaints, the first one been 4176 then 4295, 4247, 4494, that the shade of red has been different and looks much nicer. It looks a lot less pale.

You can see in this picture of 4247
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/6970241926

compared to this one of 4326 when newly repainted
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/5815892712

andy

Unless it's the light, it looks a bit more 'off' white to me than normal, and better for that matter too...maybe they've finally come across the right paint!

Rob H

Quote from: andy on May 01, 2012, 08:59:43 PM
Unless it's the light, it looks a bit more 'off' white to me than normal, and better for that matter too...maybe they've finally come across the right paint!

I got on 4176 a few days ago on the 957 and I compared 4176 to a WB Gemini in NXWM Livery and the white didn't match and that was in sunny weather :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Gareth

I notice on recent repaints that the thinner font 'West Midlands' has resurfaced. This time with mini connector bars.

Fleetname variant number 6 in the current NXWM fleet!

davey

Andy, i think you may be right about a marginally 'off white'. Im sitting on 4593 as i type, and comparing it to other buses around wolves bus station, the white is definatly a shade varied.
However the biggest change with this bus is the seat furnishings - now has the same furnishings as the dark bluey grey as the walsall scanies i think im right in saying. Makes a change i guess!
Long live 4001!
PE Radio Operations - "1540, go ahead"
1540 driver - "The engines died, AGAIN!"

davey

It obviously must be the new seating because its the same as the new volvos :p looked different anyway!
Long live 4001!
PE Radio Operations - "1540, go ahead"
1540 driver - "The engines died, AGAIN!"

andy

I'm still convinced they're using different paint davey.....and not before time either!

Nathan4775

Quote from: Gareth on May 01, 2012, 10:17:08 PM
I notice on recent repaints that the thinner font 'West Midlands' has resurfaced. This time with mini connector bars.

Fleetname variant number 6 in the current NXWM fleet!

Theres a BC Plaxton with a no connection bars, didnt get the fleet number (Irrelvevant to the topic)
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Tony

Quote from: andy on May 04, 2012, 07:46:02 PM
I'm still convinced they're using different paint davey.....and not before time either!

Looks like they have reverted to cargo white as on TWM Livery as opposed to brilliant white

andy

Quote from: Tony on May 05, 2012, 12:19:02 PM

Looks like they have reverted to cargo white as on TWM Livery as opposed to brilliant white

That's exactly what I thought it was to be honest but I wasn't sure it was quite that 'off', probably because I'd forgotten what 'cargo' looks like freshly applied! Personally I think it is a vast improvement and will age and wash considerably better. The contrast with the red is nowhere near as dazzling which softens the appearance somewhat. Hope it's not temporary!

winston

The problem with keep chopping & changing the shades of red / white used, its just going to highlight even further panels that have been replacemed if the garages do not have / do not use the correct shade to match

Quote from: Tony on May 05, 2012, 12:19:02 PM

nx4737

It's only a small change in colour, but it certainly looks better.

And when has consistency when replacing panels ever been a priority for NX?

Ashley

Earlier repaints seem to have worn away, but now, the repaints do look alot more bold, deeper shades of red and white, give it a year or so and see if the paintwork fades and goes pink like some of the B10Ls and Presidents

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk