News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

AE10CUC

Started by Tomjusttom, April 30, 2012, 10:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomjusttom

Hi All, does anyone have a current fleetnumber for AE10CUC, a Dennis E200Dart, chassis no SFD633BR17GY20364, bodywork is MCV Evolution seating B40F?

It was in Birmingham on Friday in all over white livery

Cheers

winston

30102 according to this Rotala Group fleetlist

think It was on the 30 on Saturday in Solihull.

Ash

Will this vehicle be sold to Transzit New Zealand?

winston

Unlikely, this one is on a Dart SLF chassis not a MAN

Quote from: Ash on May 01, 2012, 09:38:35 PM
Will this vehicle be sold to Transzit New Zealand?

Tony

See fleetchanges on front page for AE10 CUC (and CUG) also note that 30101 has been sold to New Zealand and that is a dart

Ash

Yeah just saw the fleet changes, thanks i noticed blue diamond seem to be updated there fleet with new vehicles im guessing before the emmission ruling comes into place but suprised there such small vehicles

Tomjusttom

Cheers tony and others for that.

Liberator9

I caught a plain white MCV last week on the S3 so I assume that is it as the MCV Silver ones have now gone which also sometimes appeared.

Tony

Quote from: winston on April 30, 2012, 11:55:57 PM
30102 according to this Rotala Group fleetlist

It is one of only two Blue Diamond vehicles I have seen that actually carry their 5 digit fleetnumber!

A photo of it, and the other one 30103 will be appearing on the main site in about 5 minutes time. Both were on the 10 today

PM

Are they gonna leave the fleet soon?

AndrewNZ

Sorry about the epic thread dig, But I can confirm AE10 CUC is in NZ, complied and in tranzit livery but parked up in a yard for now. Only 1 of the 5 darts (a 4 cyl one, now uprated to 185hp) is in current use. I think 25+ of the MCV MANS are currently on the road, 2 of them now 2 doors and at least 4 more currently being converted. 2 also have fold down bike racks fitted to the front. 2 MCV MANs that were set up as airport busses are having seats fitted now. I can probably take some photos if anybody wants them.

jc

Andrew, Photos would be very much appreciated! Thank you for the update on them :)

Ash

Some interior shots would be great as well, I saw a video on youtube of one of diamond's mcv's in New Zealand on a motorway as a rail replacement service and was rammed and all people were doing was moaning because of the lack of speed it had and lack of space.

Here's a link to the video on youtube

AndrewNZ

Yeah The MANs with the 6 speed ZF are not really great on hills, the 4 speed voith gearboxes are better but they still struggle to keep with the euro 3 A80s (14.220s from memory) and BCI citiriders (ISBE6.7 cummins and allison auto) on hills. On flat roads the MCV MANs are fast enough. The seat spacing on them is better than when they arrived, but still pretty tight. AE10CUG came into the workshop today for its pre compliance check (one of the last) and its pretty rough for a bus thats only 2 and a half years old.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk