News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPC

At the present time there is no need for double-decks on that end of the 9 and 9A so it wouldn't surprise me if a 'downgrade' of service occurs soon, perhaps whenever single deck electrics arrive, I suppose a downgrade has already happened as reliability gone down the pan since one daytime bus was removed from 9/9A last month, a merger with the 19 service could be on the cards, not to mention the recently improved hourly 24/25 also duplicates the 9 down the leafy Leamington Rd to Brentwood Avenue - overall there's far too many buses around here.

JoNi

Travel Centre has large notices on doors stating it is closing on 29th October 2021.

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: JoNi on September 27, 2021, 10:54:24 AM
Travel Centre has large notices on doors stating it is closing on 29th October 2021.
Same for other travel shops in the midlsnds

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on September 27, 2021, 06:33:12 PM
I suspect this happening for other travel shops in the midlands i know walsall has a poster up

Solo1

markcf83

Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

JoNi

Coventry Travel Centre was closed this morning. It has a notice on the door stating from 20th September shop will close from 12- 1 due to staff sickness. Some sought assistance from  TfWM "here to help" person in purple at a purple lectern. More sought assistance from helpful young lad in hi vis jacket.

Wumpty

4464 and 4576 working the 6 today - will these receive the retrofit blue front like 2141 has received?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Lukeeee2018

Quote from: Wumpty on October 07, 2021, 09:20:37 AM
4464 and 4576 working the 6 today - will these receive the retrofit blue front like 2141 has received?

They got the blue the same day as 2141/2.

Wumpty

Quote from: Lukeeee2018 on October 07, 2021, 04:17:38 PM
They got the blue the same day as 2141/2.
These are fantastic - I'm glad some thought went into this instead of just slapping a decal over the old names.

JoNi

Quote from: Wumpty on October 08, 2021, 08:44:52 AM
These are fantastic - I'm glad some thought went into this instead of just slapping a decal over the old names.

Why not just brand them as a red route, you only need another bus to make five required for the 16 to Keresley! I'm sure there are Keresley residents who would happy to have red buses back after all most of the bus stops on the route are red!

Wumpty

Quote from: JoNi on October 08, 2021, 06:35:38 PM
Why not just brand them as a red route, you only need another bus to make five required for the 16 to Keresley! I'm sure there are Keresley residents who would happy to have red buses back after all most of the bus stops on the route are red!

Now I like this - if the cover buses were a longer term fixture then no reason why this wouldn't work.

You're in the wrong job @JoNi !!!

Tony

Quote from: Wumpty on October 11, 2021, 08:30:17 AM
Now I like this - if the cover buses were a longer term fixture then no reason why this wouldn't work.

You're in the wrong job @JoNi !!!

There's no route that requires 2 singles and two doubles though

Wumpty

Quote from: Tony on October 11, 2021, 09:06:21 AM
There's no route that requires 2 singles and two doubles though

Operationally not, though I do like the cross-brand concept of having crimsons with the sky blue flashes. It works and is a marketeer's dream!

JoNi

I just checked Regional Vehicle Finder which says there are two singles and four doubles on the 16 at the moment on a route that runs every 10 minutes that goes round in 50 minutes leading to my impression it required five buses!
Single deckers seem to appear regularly these days to my native Keresley on the 16, not even as the last buses out when no other serviceable vehicles are available.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk