News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

Quote from: Tony on September 29, 2019, 06:53:05 PM
The most fuel efficient vehicles are used on Sundays

I know that, I just thought the 9/9A, 10 & 16 would be allocated Enviro 400s
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

JPC

Quote from: Sh4318 on September 29, 2019, 06:33:28 PM
Had a wander around Coventry today and saw a lot of surprise allocations (considering I haven't been in Coventry on a Sunday for a good 4/5 years).

B7RLEs on the 9/9A, 10 & 16. While the 7 is, somehow double deck operated on a Sunday - every time I see that route, it's lightly loaded or barely has any passengers, are double deckers really required?

Does the journey which extends to serve Lyons Park/Amazon (17:50 from PM and 18:22 return) have plenty of passengers to warrant DD?

JoNi

Quote from: JPC on September 29, 2019, 09:09:32 PM
Does the journey which extends to serve Lyons Park/Amazon (17:50 from PM and 18:22 return) have plenty of passengers to warrant DD?
When I saw it leaving Pool Meadow last Sunday it was virtually full.

Ben

4453 has made its first appearance on the 23.
Looked quite photogenic trying to get into the Number road at the roundabout.

sandboy20

it seems "via Coventry" is now the default on all cross city routes - absurd
and just about as unhelpful and uninformative as its possible to be

JoNi

Enviros not being used on 13 due to damage from new speed humps in Cheveral Avenue.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: JoNi on November 02, 2019, 10:00:58 AM
Enviros not being used on 13 due to damage from new speed humps in Cheveral Avenue.
Sounds expensive for somebody! Be interesting to see if the road humps get modified?

Sandy Lane

There are a few buses going round with no heating upstairs. Freezing and loads of condensation on the windows  :-[

paulb1973

Quote from: Sandy Lane on November 21, 2019, 05:34:10 PM
There are a few buses going round with no heating upstairs. Freezing and loads of condensation on the windows  :-[

Not really related - but could the staff at Coventry clean the rear-end of 4670, its black with dirt! It seems to have built-up over a while.

Trident 4609

Someone has posted on a Stagecoach Facebook group that NXWM are extending the 20 to Nuneaton from end of January.. I cannot see any registered changes on VOSA though?

Quote:
"National Express Coventry extending their service 20 to NUNEATON every 20 mins from late January with cheap fares too!
Result of SC launching service between Coventry Centre and Warks Uni.
BUS WAR!!!"

EDIT: I was just sent this:

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/541755/

winston

Quote from: Nathan on December 17, 2019, 11:20:31 PM
Someone has posted on a Stagecoach Facebook group that NXWM are extending the 20 to Nuneaton from end of January.. I cannot see any registered changes on VOSA though?

Quote:
"National Express Coventry extending their service 20 to NUNEATON every 20 mins from late January with cheap fares too!
BUS WAR!!!"

Things could start to get very interesting if that's the case.....

MW

Place your bets. Who will win the war? My bets on NXC.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Nathan on December 17, 2019, 11:20:31 PM

Quote:
BUS WAR!!!"

EDIT: I was just sent this:

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/541755/

Another Travelcard destination!

If it's true, I've been waiting for the day this would happen.

Shame the 20 doesn't use deckers instead of dustcarts though.

Ben

Quote from: sandboy20 on October 17, 2019, 03:13:32 PM
it seems "via Coventry" is now the default on all cross city routes - absurd
and just about as unhelpful and uninformative as its possible to be

Geographically correct and therefore an improvement.

I am not 'city centre' as a person.

Also 2176 was on a tow truck on the Holyhead Road yesterday which was a little bit puzzling as it had made been out on the 23 anyway.

sandboy20

How on earth can "via Coventry" be an improvement ? Given that most routes operate within
the Coventry boundary "via Coventry" is absurd and totally unhelpful to most travellers. I also
find it rather insulting.
I agree there was a problem before September with "via City Centre" as the generic default but NX
Coventry vehicles never seem to have much flexibility with destination displays particularly in the era
of digital display

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk