News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: Tony on July 19, 2019, 11:55:32 AM
Not yet. 4372 & 4398 are the only two not in service today

Ah ok, thanks for that Tony

Tony

Since taking delivery of 41 new buses so far only the three fire victims have been withdrawn, although expect 43xx to start dying next week when the schools break up and the PVR of the company drops by over 100 vehicles

nathanielrwi

Anyone know why there's a random Coventry branded E400 in Bloxwich industrial estate?

Tony

Quote from: nathanielrwi on August 03, 2019, 02:32:58 PM
Anyone know why there's a random Coventry branded E400 in Bloxwich industrial estate?

You mean freshly painted 4834 at the side of Walsall garage awaiting collection

nathanielrwi

Quote from: Tony on August 03, 2019, 02:57:06 PM
You mean freshly painted 4834 at the side of Walsall garage awaiting collection

Thanks Tony, didn't realise they weren't stored inside the garage itself

Coventry Transport Dude

A freshly repainted 4669 has now arrived and was standing in the Maintenance area inside Wheatley Street Garage this afternoon.

Parked up in the front yard of Wheatley Street Garage today were five Scania Caetano Levante coaches, all in a plain white livery and their fleet numbers were: 258 (BD68 TWY), 260 (BD68 TXA), 261 (BD68 TXB), 263 (BM68 AHG) and 265 (BV19 XOX).

Coventry Transport Dude

Saw 4667 on the 6 route in Corporation Street today ! (Was the first time i'd actually seen it, since its transfer here !).

paulb1973

Quote from: Coventry Transport Dude on August 06, 2019, 02:16:14 PM
Saw 4667 on the 6 route in Corporation Street today ! (Was the first time i'd actually seen it, since its transfer here !).

I did see it on Keresley Rd last week (or possibly on the Sat morning) so its been here a few days.

Coventry Transport Dude

Quote from: paulb1973 on August 06, 2019, 02:57:02 PM
I did see it on Keresley Rd last week (or possibly on the Sat morning) so its been here a few days.

It no-doubt has been here for a good few days or so now Paul like you say, although i myself only just noticed it today for the first time ! (Would like to have got a photo of it on the Keresley Road, when you yourself first saw it ?).

JoNi

Quote from: Coventry Transport Dude on August 06, 2019, 04:52:31 PM
It no-doubt has been here for a good few days or so now Paul like you say, although i myself only just noticed it today for the first time ! (Would like to have got a photo of it on the Keresley Road, when you yourself first saw it ?).

Bustimes.org states 4667 was on 16 on Saturday and on route 10 last Friday.
Use Bustimes.org to find which buses have run on 4, 5, 6, 6/A, 10 and 16. By clicking on NXC in the West Midlands area you can find a fleetlist with all vehicles tracked recently.
Pick the bus number and it will show tracking for today. Once you have route list you can click on the route number to see all buses on that route for the day. By altering the date you can see historical data for buses on routes mentioned above.
It's not as sophisticated as some other apps but is handy if you're a dude  living in Keresley!
I appreciate Bustimes has challenges getting data from some councils for cross boundary routes. I've written to Bustimes who  replied positively to a previous query not related to the Midlands to ask for remaining NXC routes to be added, after all they appear on real time apps!

Tony

Quote from: JoNi on August 06, 2019, 07:23:14 PM
Bustimes.org states 4667 was on 16 on Saturday and on route 10 last Friday.
Use Bustimes.org to find which buses have run on 4, 5, 6, 6/A, 10 and 16. By clicking on NXC in the West Midlands area you can find a fleetlist with all vehicles tracked recently.
Pick the bus number and it will show tracking for today. Once you have route list you can click on the route number to see all buses on that route for the day. By altering the date you can see historical data for buses on routes mentioned above.
It's not as sophisticated as some other apps but is handy if you're a dude  living in Keresley!
I appreciate Bustimes has challenges getting data from some councils for cross boundary routes. I've written to Bustimes who  replied positively to a previous query to ask for remaining NXC routes to be added, after all they appear on real time apps!

First day was Thursday on the 8

CL

From photos I've seen, the new/updated front destination blinds have the route number on the left hand side (above the driver)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

JoNi

Caught to 6 towards Little Heath "Driver you're going to Coventry" who replied Stoke Heath is not on the blind.

Sh4318

Had a wander around Coventry today and saw a lot of surprise allocations (considering I haven't been in Coventry on a Sunday for a good 4/5 years).

B7RLEs on the 9/9A, 10 & 16. While the 7 is, somehow double deck operated on a Sunday - every time I see that route, it's lightly loaded or barely has any passengers, are double deckers really required?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Tony

Quote from: Sh4318 on September 29, 2019, 06:33:28 PM
Had a wander around Coventry today and saw a lot of surprise allocations (considering I haven't been in Coventry on a Sunday for a good 4/5 years).

B7RLEs on the 9/9A, 10 & 16. While the 7 is, somehow double deck operated on a Sunday - every time I see that route, it's lightly loaded or barely has any passengers, are double deckers really required?

The most fuel efficient vehicles are used on Sundays

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk