News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: DJ98 on November 11, 2017, 05:34:05 PM
Ran for a 126 on Castle Hill towards Birmingham today around 1PM, driver had plenty of time to stop and I was running to the stop with my arm out, but instead of stopping for me, he just drove straight past while flipping me off. Not really what you'd expect from a 'professional driver'. :/
Well that's your own fault for not being at the stop ready in time, not the drivers. I don't expect the driver to wait for me to run half way down the road because I'm not at the stop in time for the bus and I don't see anyone else expect it either, because if your not at the stop the bus doesn't wait for you. Waiting for you could make the bus late, or even later. It's a frequent route, get the next, if it's that much of an inconvenience get to the stop earlier.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Ran for a 126 on Castle Hill towards Birmingham today around 1PM, driver had plenty of time to stop and I was running to the stop with my arm out, but instead of stopping for me, he just drove straight past while flipping me off. Not really what you'd expect from a 'professional driver'. :/
Maybe because you was not standing at the stop itself? At the same time the driver could of though you were trying to pull over another bus. Also the 126 is frequent so just wait for the next, even if you was on Castle Hill you could of just got whatever came next.

The driver shouldn't have to wait for people who are running. Just holds up the bus.

DJ

Quote from: Jack on November 11, 2017, 05:56:53 PM
Maybe because you was not standing at the stop itself? At the same time the driver could of though you were trying to pull over another bus. Also the 126 is frequent so just wait for the next, even if you was on Castle Hill you could of just got whatever came next.

The driver shouldn't have to wait for people who are running. Just holds up the bus.

I was at the stop by the time the bus would've been there anyway, it wouldn't have held up the bus at all. It was the only bus coming down Castle Hill too, so there wasn't any way he'd have thought I wanted something else. I get that the 126 is pretty frequent, but at the same time, you do get the odd few which are more than 10 mins apart.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Jack

Quote from: DJ98 on November 11, 2017, 06:27:13 PM
I was at the stop by the time the bus would've been there anyway, it wouldn't have held up the bus at all. It was the only bus coming down Castle Hill too, so there wasn't any way he'd have thought I wanted something else. I get that the 126 is pretty frequent, but at the same time, you do get the odd few which are more than 10 mins apart.
Unless he was concentrating on the road?

DJ

Quote from: Jack on November 11, 2017, 06:33:32 PM
Unless he was concentrating on the road?

If he managed to look straight at me and flip me off, then I doubt that.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Mike K

Quote from: DJ98 on November 11, 2017, 09:45:54 PM
If he managed to look straight at me and flip me off, then I doubt that.

I'm intrigued by what to 'flip off' means. For someone who is in the 40s, please could somebody enlighten me?

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Mike K on November 11, 2017, 10:07:03 PM
I'm intrigued by what to 'flip off' means. For someone who is in the 40s, please could somebody enlighten me?

I believe it's the middle finger.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

TinnedPeaches

I would recommend using the official channels to make a complaint (website, email, telephone). Clogging up a forum to publicise potential bad behaviour will do nothing to remedy the issue, if there is indeed an issue.

Quote from: TinnedPeaches on November 12, 2017, 12:44:19 PM
I would recommend using the official channels to make a complaint (website, email, telephone). Clogging up a forum to publicise potential bad behaviour will do nothing to remedy the issue, if there is indeed an issue.
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/contact-us/contact-national-express
Fill in the form located here.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

To be honest thats what I told that bloke on the 529 to do.

mranon

yet another made up bit of hot air. get yourself to the bus stop on time then. would you want a driver to slam their brakes on as you put your hand out willy nilly? as the old saying goes, taxis wait for passengers, passengers wait for buses (at the bus stop!)

Quote from: mranon on November 12, 2017, 07:08:33 PM
yet another made up bit of hot air. get yourself to the bus stop on time then. would you want a driver to slam their brakes on as you put your hand out willy nilly? as the old saying goes, taxis wait for passengers, passengers wait for buses (at the bus stop!)
Agreed, drivers shouldn't have to wait for passengers running for the bus.
Either get to the bus stop ontime, or earlier.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on November 12, 2017, 08:06:50 PM
Agreed, drivers shouldn't have to wait for passengers running for the bus.
Either get to the bus stop ontime, or earlier.
That's what I said but I got a whole mouthful from someone. People should leave their previous location earlier and won't make a fuss if they miss a bus.

V89MOA

It depends on the circumstances, quite a few stop timetables only say something similar to "every few minutes" or "between every 5 & 8 minutes until xx:xx" and don't actually give you times to be there for.

Jack

Quote from: V89MOA on November 12, 2017, 08:18:35 PM
It depends on the circumstances, quite a few stop timetables only say something similar to "every few minutes" or "between every 5 & 8 minutes until xx:xx" and don't actually give you times to be there for.
The reason why the NX and NetNav app are in use.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk