News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Tyme

Quote from: MasterPlan on March 17, 2018, 02:32:12 PM
4466 displaying 97P, Pine Square. I thought the 97P got discontinued?

I think advertised 97P workings disappeared some time ago, but the 97P display evidently still exists is used for the occasional (presumably unscheduled) short working to Pine Square.

37351ml

Anyone know what's up with 6860, not seen it for a good while now

paulb1973

Quote from: 37351ml on March 18, 2018, 06:35:10 PM
Anyone know what's up with 6860, not seen it for a good while now

I'm sure I saw that today (18/3) in Coventry on the X1.

Dylanbusboy45

Forgot to mention it earlier but saw 6869 on a 63E to Rubery in Northfield

Tony

6853 & 6854 both back from Plaxtons after having the 'Smart Boost' hybrid system added and both in service on the 22/23 today. It's an electric motor that uses surplus energy stored in a capacitor that assists when pulling away from a standing start to reduce fuel consumption

Mike K

Quote from: Tony on March 19, 2018, 09:34:56 AM
6853 & 6854 both back from Plaxtons after having the 'Smart Boost' hybrid system added and both in service on the 22/23 today. It's an electric motor that uses surplus energy stored in a capacitor that assists when pulling away from a standing start to reduce fuel consumption

Should that be 6855/6 (thought the earlier post had been corrected, with none of the 66 plate ones being done)?

Tony

Quote from: Mike K on March 19, 2018, 10:51:52 AM
Should that be 6855/6 (thought the earlier post had been corrected, with none of the 66 plate ones being done)?

Yes, me being forgetful again. Ignore this post

6855 is now converted and out on test

Ronnoc

4876 was quite lost on the 47 this morning at 7:35. It ended up at Kings Heath and caused a massive traffic jam at the Vicarage road traffic lights.

spudnick

Quote from: Ronnoc on March 22, 2018, 05:24:02 PM
4876 was quite lost on the 47 this morning at 7:35. It ended up at Kings Heath and caused a massive traffic jam at the Vicarage road traffic lights.

The road was closed at Hazelwell Street in Stirchley this morning outside Farmfoods, the diversion was Fordhouse Lane (the 11 route) then left Cartland Road to come back onto the Pershore Road just before the old Bowling Alley, easy to miss the turning I guess especially if your unfamiliar with the area!

Mike K

2136 suddenly looking quite out of place on the 29 today. One of around 8 non Platinum buses seen on the Harborne corridor within a few minutes of each other on Harborne High St earlier.

Kevin

Quote from: Mike K on March 23, 2018, 03:23:57 PM
2136 suddenly looking quite out of place on the 29 today. One of around 8 non Platinum buses seen on the Harborne corridor within a few minutes of each other on Harborne High St earlier.

Are the Harborne's "officially" Platinum now though? Or are they waiting for the network review to properly launch the routes as such?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Mike K

Quote from: Kevin on March 24, 2018, 08:56:26 AM
Are the Harborne's "officially" Platinum now though? Or are they waiting for the network review to properly launch the routes as such?

I don't think they're "officially" Platinum yet - they don't appear on the Platinum pages of the NX website - but by and large they are over 90% Platinum operated most days. Yesterday seemed to have an unusually high number of standard vehicles. It seems a bit strange 5 months since they were introduced seeing them still un-branded and with no Wifi but as you say it's likely that's because of the delays to the network review.

Gareth

4949 on this morning 70 journey. Seen at Saltley Gate, Washwood Heath Road displaying X70.

monkeyjoe

I'm just curious is the x70 working , always seem to be empty when I've seen it at the weekend and always seem to follow behind the x12 creating no gap in flow through Bromford. Do people have any views ?

Jack6101

It's timetabled to follow each other on some journeys but the x70 is always full at around 4 pm in water Orton to castle Brom which with factory workers
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk