News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham vehicle registrations

Started by JIM C, April 14, 2019, 10:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JIM C

I think it strange that London have ADL buses with Birmingham plates whilst NX Birmingham get Scottish or Yorkshire registrations depending on the factory that built them. If London gets them why cant NX Birmingham ?

winston

Which London Buses have got Birmingham registrations?

JIM C

Stagecoach 13100 etc as shown on tonys pictures 14 .4 19. I have noticed on previous pictures the Birmingham plates as well.

winston

13100 was from 4 years ago.

All the new ADL's buses coming in to London, are also registered with S* & Y* marks dependant on whether Falkirk or Plaxton have built them. They're registered at the bodybuilders these days.

The exception to that rule is the Evoseti's which London registrations are they can from abroad.

John

The B registrations in London I think are Volvo buses

Mike K

Quote from: JIM C on April 14, 2019, 10:59:07 PM
I think it strange that London have ADL buses with Birmingham plates whilst NX Birmingham get Scottish or Yorkshire registrations depending on the factory that built them. If London gets them why cant NX Birmingham ?

I've asked the question previously about regional registrations. Since local DVLA offices were closed it seems the majority of new buses are registered by the manufacturer hence the Scottish or Yorkshire plates on ADL buses, and Birmingham plates on many Volvos (Volvo Truck and Bus UK is Warwick based).

However it clearly is possible for operators to still register buses locally. For example all Go North East vehicles carry N suffixes and Go South Coast vehicles H (Hampshire) and W (West Country) suffixes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk