News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Started by the trainbasher, June 09, 2013, 09:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Finally, yesterday, 30834 KX57MTE came out of its hidey hole and appeared on the 4H in Oldbury towards Walsall

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomsbusphotos/8998949321/

Was this the first day of it being out or has it already been out before?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

John

I have found it today, also on the 4. Looking at the wheels, it is new to service. It was suggested elsewhere that it had a gearbox issue

http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/9007853319/

Ash

Quote from: John on June 10, 2013, 06:45:17 PM
I have found it today, also on the 4. Looking at the wheels, it is new to service. It was suggested elsewhere that it had a gearbox issue

Good to see this bus out in service, shame diamond don't get some more for the 4 service make it completely b7rle operated as the service still see's a mixture of buses of all ages.

winston

Quote from: Ash on June 10, 2013, 11:13:04 PM
Quote from: John on June 10, 2013, 06:45:17 PM

Good to see this bus out in service, shame diamond don't get some more for the 4 service make it completely b7rle operated as the service still see's a mixture of buses of all ages.

The two 05 plate B7RLE Ensign had for sale appear to have been sold as the listing has been removed, could Rotala have been shopping? Or possibly First Group?

Ash

Let's hope Rotala it would also be good if they were to acquire some more centro's possibly for the 301 service as there was a mpd dart on there today, with the 301 being one of diamond's most popular services it should have priority over the larger vehicles when it comes to allocations.

winston

Quote from: Ash on June 10, 2013, 11:19:43 PM
Let's hope Rotala it would also be good if they were to acquire some more centro's possibly for the 301 service as there was a mpd dart on there today, with the 301 being one of diamond's most popular services it should have priority over the larger vehicles when it comes to allocations.

You would think so. MPD's aren't really suitable on such a busy service.

It will be interesting to see if NXWM's new 936 service has much impact on Diamonds 56 loadings

Ash

Yeah will definitely be interesting to see, although I know a few people who use the 56 purchase diamond passes for the service. The 4 service seems to have picked whether it's due to the bus stop allocations in Walsall or the introduction of the b7rle's which is good news for diamond.

winston

Quote from: Ash on June 10, 2013, 11:25:49 PM
Yeah will definitely be interesting to see, although I know a few people who use the 56 purchase diamond passes for the service. The 4 service seems to have picked whether it's due to the bus stop allocations in Walsall or the introduction of the b7rle's which is good news for diamond.

There hasn't really been any alternative to choose from in relation to Diamonds 56 up to now

It may well be a combination of both on the 4, know one wants to be shoe-horned on to a Solo or MPD, the B7RLE are far superior vehicles

Ash

Quote from: Winston on June 10, 2013, 11:28:13 PM
The 4 service seems to have picked whether it's due to the bus stop allocations in Walsall or the introduction of the b7rle's which is good news for diamond.

It may well be a combination of both on the 4, know one wants to be shoe-horned on to a Solo or MPD, the B7RLE are far superior vehicles

The b7rle's are excellent no rattles, plenty of leg room or just good quality all round. Must say the ex midland classic ones are superb regarding the interior from the passenger perspective you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a new 13 reg b7rle and an ex midland classic one which is around 5 years older.

winston

Quote from: Ash on June 10, 2013, 11:30:21 PM
Quote from: Winston on June 10, 2013, 11:28:13 PM
The 4 service seems to have picked whether it's due to the bus stop allocations in Walsall or the introduction of the b7rle's which is good news for diamond.

The b7rle's are excellent no rattles, plenty of leg room or just good quality all round. Must say the ex midland classic ones are superb regarding the interior from the passenger perspective you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a new 13 reg b7rle and an ex midland classic one which is around 5 years older.

Still no sign of the ex Wessex ones arriving as yet though, not been down past Tividale for a while

Ash

I would expect the ones from Wessex to come up during the summer after the universities go on the summer break and are not needed but I think someone mentioned somewhere that they badly required down south not enabling them to be released to be used by diamond. Just home diamond don't get anymore second hand enviro 200 the one they have at the moment is awful rattles like mad and has those terrible urban 90 seats and the rear blind hasn't worked since it was purchased.

winston

Quote from: Ash on June 10, 2013, 11:35:30 PM
I would expect the ones from Wessex to come up during the summer after the universities go on the summer break and are not needed but I think someone mentioned somewhere that they badly required down south not enabling them to be released to be used by diamond. Just home diamond don't get anymore second hand enviro 200 the one they have at the moment is awful rattles like mad and has those terrible urban 90 seats and the rear blind hasn't worked since it was purchased.

I see what you're saying, but in theory the 3 older B7RLE should have been released by the brand new B7RLE. Its about time Diamond got a bit priority over Wessex

Ash

Yeah I agree diamond is Rotala's biggest bus operation and the investment seems to go to Wessex or Preston. A small investment in perhaps 15-20 new or second hand vehicles (b7lre's or centro's) could make a huge difference for diamond as it would allow all the red and white diamond darts to be withdrawn straight away and using them for the 4 and 301 would cascade the cadets to services like the 40/42/43 and even allowing a few to go to Redditch and Kidderminster.

winston

Quote from: Ash on June 10, 2013, 11:42:11 PM
Yeah I agree diamond is Rotala's biggest bus operation and the investment seems to go to Wessex or Preston. A small investment in perhaps 15-20 new or second hand vehicles (b7lre's or centro's) could make a huge difference for diamond as it would allow all the red and white diamond darts to be withdrawn straight away and using them for the 4 and 301 would cascade the cadets to services like the 40/42/43 and even allowing a few to go to Redditch and Kidderminster.

Absolutely, even a combination of 20 new/secondhand full size vehicles shouldn't break the bank, but would make a big difference to allocating suitable vehicle to the most suitable routes

Ash

Quote from: Winston on June 10, 2013, 11:47:22 PM
Quote from: Ash on June 10, 2013, 11:42:11 PM

Absolutely, even a combination of 20 new/secondhand full size vehicles shouldn't break the bank, but would make a big difference to allocating suitable vehicle to the most suitable routes

Looking at yourbus they use brand new citaro's competing on the citylink service with trent barton and the Y36 with Nottingham city transport and there fleet is superb and they are a relatively new business. I'm not saying ordering a high number of citaro's is the answer but how can your bus acquire so many new high quality buses for services they are gambling on as operators already run on the same services.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk