News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Round Trips

Started by JB93, May 22, 2013, 05:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: StourValley98 on August 02, 2020, 06:10:49 PM
I went and did the Green Bus 582 yesterday, and then went for a ride with some friends, before taking the long way home from Walsall.

NXWM 1896 - 11 Tipton to Wednesbury
NXWM 4541 - 79 Wednesbury to Wolverhampton
The Green Bus 117 - 582 Wolverhampton to Kidderminster
The Green Bus 117 - 582 Kidderminster to Wolverhampton
Banga YJ55 BHY - 530 Wolverhampton to Bilston
Diamond 21235 - 23 Bilston to Wednesbury
NXWM 4512 - 47 Wednesbury to West Bromwich
Diamond 30832 - 16 West Bromwich to Birmingham
Arriva 4409 - 110 Birmingham to Sutton Coldfield
NXWM 4866 - 77 Sutton Coldfield to Walsall
Diamond 30926 - 32 Walsall to German Doner Kebab
NXWM 5426 - 69 Walsall to Wolverhampton
Diamond 21212 - 82 Wolverhampton to Wallbrook

Did you enjoy the journey on the 582 and the vehicle?

DJ

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 02, 2020, 07:00:46 PM
Did you enjoy the journey on the 582 and the vehicle?

Definitely, it was a nice vehicle with some power behind it, although it did hit a load of branches, and it got a bit dicey at times with oncoming cars down the country lanes.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

CL

Must be the first time since March that I've done one of these.. Daytripper at the ready;

West Midlands Metro, 34
Jewellery Quarter to West Bromwich Central

National Express West Midlands, 1771
4M - West Bromwich to Merry Hill

Diamond West Midlands, 20532
228 - Merry Hill to Stourbridge

National Express West Midlands, 2109
7 - Stourbridge Bus Station to Stourbridge Junction

West Midlands Railway, 172 2**
Stourbridge Junction to The Hawthorns

West Midlands Metro, 29
The Hawthorns to Winson Green Outer Circle

National Express West Midlands, 7505
101 - Winson Green to Grove Lane

National Express West Midlands, 4826
101 - Grove Lane to Home
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Trident 4194

Day out to burton:

20912- 4H - great solo with some good acceleration. Traffic was awful travelling early this morning. Somehow we managed to make up time between Sandwell and Dudley station and Walsall. 25 minutes journey time between Sandwell and Dudley and Walsall is seriously impressive. Driver said upon arrival at Walsall right it's time for a rest now after overtaking 2 4Hs on route.

Optare solo SR - 1 - Cannock. These solos are quite nippy in fairness just a bit bland from a riders perspective.

187- 60 - Lichfield - these buses are fantastic. It's a shame chase rider only have 2 now in the fleet. Very fast bus

Midland classic 1 - burton. Never done the X12 route before. Very nicely finished buses and I can see why it's so popular. Weird experience travelling and overtaking numerous lorries on the A38.

Midland classic 18- 9 - swandlicote. The whole reason for my trip out today. To ride one of these sensational looking vehicles. I'm accustomed to see these sorts of vehicles in foreign countries operating as coaches not in the UK on a regular bus service. Very nice buses indeed, sounded bit like an omnilink except much better finished. Legroom similar issue to omnilink however. With regards to someone saying they would be overpowered, they certainly are not.

Midland classic- 83- 19 - burton. First time on one of these vehicles. These in my opinions are just better versions of WA MK1 B7RLEs. Bus was running slighly late which meant for a fast trip back to burton.

Midland classic 2 - X12 - Lichfield. Nice journey again.

Chaserider 133 - 60- Cannock. I've been looking to ride one of these vehicles for a while now. Nice bus with some good sounds and acceleration, not quite as good as the old MAN 14.240 MANS that diamond used to operate from what I recall. Still a great ride on a rare vehicle.

Chaserider 166 - 71 - great wryley. Was going to stay on until Wolverhampton but wasn't feeling it.

6745- X51- Walsall. Why the hell this route is more popular than the chaserider 1 I have no idea.  Ended up leaving great wyrley ontime and arriving into Walsall 20 minutes late. Had real difficult passing parked cars at the school in the area. You can tell these route planners never consider things like this when selecting a route. Very slow journey.

30929- 4H. Nice again. Driver was keen to make up his lateness.

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on September 09, 2021, 09:58:50 PM

6745- X51- Walsall. Why the hell this route is more popular than the chaserider 1 I have no idea.  Ended up leaving great wyrley ontime and arriving into Walsall 20 minutes late. Had real difficult passing parked cars at the school in the area. You can tell these route planners never consider things like this when selecting a route. Very slow journey.

A bus has trouble passing badly parked cars at a school on one trip of the day so the people that designed the route are idiots.

Meanwhile a route that picks no one up

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on September 09, 2021, 10:14:27 PM
A bus has trouble passing badly parked cars at a school on one trip of the day so the people that designed the route are idiots.

Meanwhile a route that picks no one up

I think the 1 not picking people up just shows there's no customers that want direct travel to Cannock from Walsall - maybe get the train instead. The driver was moaning about the route past the school himself saying I have no idea why they bring us round here!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk