News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

AM/PM

Started by Nathan4775, April 25, 2012, 06:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

countryliner

@Tony - I have just checked and yes SN54 GRU (S40 ETC) does indeed still exist - it is no longer at the Buses Excetera depot though - it has now gone to the Coaches Excetera depot. It was GX56 BKY (S13 ETC) and GX56 BKZ (S12 ETC) that were scrapped. Apologies about that. I was just getting the registration numbers mixed up and i could not remember which of these three had been scrapped. But i can confirm that the other two have definetly 100% been scrapped.

T840MAK

Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

countryliner

@T840MAK - It is a Transbus Enviro 200 prototype demonstrator bus. Only four of them were ever built (of which three of them we used to have at Buses Excetera). Personally i really like it - i think it was a great design especially with the full low floor throughout the bus - it is a shame that they were not more popular.

Adam 404

Quote from: T840MAK on January 13, 2016, 03:25:43 PM
Sorry to go off topic, but what is that?! That looks hideous, even the E200MMC looks nicer than that  :-\
I agree with you @T840MAK It looks like a fat Plaxton Primo.
It looks more like a design which would be suited to the rest of Europe with its rear doors. That is if they created a left hand drive version of course!

countryliner

@Adam 404 - The positions of the doors would have made these much better for busier routes though as it is easier for passengers to alight from the bus. Also they are very good for OAPs and disabled passengers due to their full 100% low floor from the front to the back of the bus. The six Neoplan N4421 articulated bendy buses that were at Stansted Airport were also built to this same design and layout.

T840MAK

Quote from: countryliner on January 13, 2016, 03:37:09 PM
@T840MAK - It is a Transbus Enviro 200 prototype demonstrator bus. Only four of them were ever built (of which three of them we used to have at Buses Excetera). Personally i really like it - i think it was a great design especially with the full low floor throughout the bus - it is a shame that they were not more popular.

I'm aware of what it is - I don't think you quite understood the saying. Generally use it for when something looks awful. I don't know about its insides, mechanics, or whatever, but aesthetically talking, that is probably the ugliest bus I've seen. I'm not sure whether to be glad or not that the Enviro200 came from that its so bad.
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

fleetline6477

Quote from: countryliner on January 13, 2016, 03:13:10 PM
@Tony - I have just checked and yes SN54 GRU (S40 ETC) does indeed still exist - it is no longer at the Buses Excetera depot though - it has now gone to the Coaches Excetera depot. It was GX56 BKY (S13 ETC) and GX56 BKZ (S12 ETC) that were scrapped. Apologies about that. I was just getting the registration numbers mixed up and i could not remember which of these three had been scrapped. But i can confirm that the other two have definetly 100% been scrapped.

When Tony or somebody else posts pictures of these vehicles in service or for sale today will you suddenly remember you these registrations mixed up aswell.

Adam 404

Quote from: T840MAK on January 13, 2016, 08:04:36 PM
I'm aware of what it is - I don't think you quite understood the saying. Generally use it for when something looks awful. I don't know about its insides, mechanics, or whatever, but aesthetically talking, that is probably the ugliest bus I've seen. I'm not sure whether to be glad or not that the Enviro200 came from that its so bad.
Which was exactly what I said as well @countryliner . I was not on about the inside layout whatsoever and If you do want a low floor vehicle, you just sit near-ish the front. Also, I heard some elderly people talking on a bus once that the company's don't care for elderly peoples need. If you watch BBC's Countryfile from Sunday, A bus Operator commented how it wasn't possibly to run a Saturday service as there was too many OAPS and there passes don't give them much money.
Not, this Demonstrator has absolutely nothing to do with AM/PM last time I checked.. Just saying.
Link to Countryfile on BBC I-Player http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06wj3s0/countryfile-hertfordshire
The Bus part of the Video starts at 8 mins through and then 28 mins through the programme.

@Adam 404 - neither does your post have anything even remotely to do with AM/PM - can we all get back on topic & stop stirring / passing comment to provoke a response.... Winston

countryliner

Just out of interest when AMPM had their MAN 14.220 MCV Evolution buses does anyone know if they were allocated to any specific routes. Thank you.

Steveminor

No bus at ampm was assigned a set route. I kept allocating them to the 900 during their short stay but could have gone on any route. One was even allocated on the 40 from time to time.

countryliner

@Steveminor - Ok. I see. Thanks for the info. Just out of interest what were AE56 UTH / AE56 UTJ / AE56 UTK like at AMPM. Were they reliable as i know that the 4th one broke down. They seem to be doing well at Autocar though.

Steveminor

They all had major issues which is why they didn't stay long

countryliner

@Steveminor - Thanks for the info. I know that they could be quite unreliable when they first came to Autocar but they seem to be quite reliable recently. Do you know how long that AMPM had them for.

Steveminor

Only in use for a couple of months but spend longer broken in the depot

countryliner

@Steveminor - Thanks for the info. It is a shame that they were not more reliable as they are certainly very nice buses.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk