News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: don on February 19, 2024, 05:13:44 PMHe posted not long after the crash happened at 830 pm last night. Various people involved were being given CPR on site and early reports suggested up to four people were killed. As I said, the media didn't start to report it until later this morning - even Birmingham Live didn't report it till about 7 am and all the media outlets reported they had asked each of the emergency services for comment but it is only later today full statements have been issued by the emergency services, maybe owing to criminal investigations. So I think you're shooting the messenger without knowing the facts. I guess the 74 driver must have witnessed it and reported back to WB. It's a horrendous and tragic crash - akin to a motorway collision on a 30 mph shopping street.
Will that driver be given councilling and so on. And yeah the statements weren't released in the Brum mail til about Midday, so for all we knew 4 people could have died although if they had Soho Road would probably have reopened at Midday or around now. Either way thoughts go out to the family and friends and the WB Driver and the other drivers and people who witnessed it. I myself have heard the impact of a nasty collision no one died and I didn't initially know what had happened till a mate told me but it wasn't very nice. 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Wba_lad

Quote from: frostjay974 on February 19, 2024, 04:18:07 PMSending misleading information yet again smh. Only one person had died not 4 and it was a rear end collision therefore he wasn't driving on the wrong side either! the road has also now been reopened.
I'm not mis leading I'm just saying what I've read. There is a link I've seen it on and some people on some posts have said more was dead but I don't know I'm not saying it's true I'm just saying it's what I have read

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/f1pyMYXVrFCzLAJP/?mibextid=K35XfP

Stu

Apparently the 49 service is going on a mammoth diversion this evening due to a partial closure of Haslucks Green Road in Shirley.

https://x.com/nxwestmidlands/status/1760363921418899503?s=20

I'm assuming this is where the gas mains works are being carried out at the junction with Burman Road.

Personally I would have thought it would have been a better idea to organise for the evening service vehicles to be single-decks so that Colebrook Road could have been used for a much shorter diversion route!

To top things off there is also a diversion in Kings Norton due to Wychall Road being closed this evening!

https://x.com/nxwestmidlands/status/1760363776673505312?s=20
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Does anyone know what caused the 529 diversion in Somerford Place, Willenhall this morning, as the Nx tweet didn't mention it?

I'm guessing a road traffic collision of some description, as it wasn't on diversion for long?

Wba_lad

4 and 4M will be put on diversion shortly, hearing radio breifly and driver phoning garage. I seen an accident diamond bus 30805 has crashed with a car which looks like has shot out infront of him. Greenside way junction joining Walsall road. 

frostjay974

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on February 19, 2024, 05:49:03 PMWill that driver be given councilling and so on. And yeah the statements weren't released in the Brum mail til about Midday, so for all we knew 4 people could have died although if they had Soho Road would probably have reopened at Midday or around now. Either way thoughts go out to the family and friends and the WB Driver and the other drivers and people who witnessed it. I myself have heard the impact of a nasty collision no one died and I didn't initially know what had happened till a mate told me but it wasn't very nice.
I don't see why the NX driver specifically would need counselling given that there were other people there aswell who all seemed perfectly fine. 

Tony

Quote from: frostjay974 on February 25, 2024, 07:44:57 PMI don't see why the NX driver specifically would need counselling given that there were other people there aswell who all seemed perfectly fine.
Perhaps because he needed it.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Wolverhampton Road West closed tonight between 7PM and 5AM 529 on diversion Holyhedge Lane, Bentley Lane, Churchill Road, Queen Elizabeth Ave normal line of route to Walsall reverse of above. So it looks Wolverhampton Road West is closed before J10 this time 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

PB50

WA 29 service on diversion tonight due to kids throwing stones at the buses again.

Mike K

Harborne services yet again on diversion from High Street via Vivian Road and Harborne Park Road to normal line of route outbound. The 23 I was on this evening (I won't post the fleet number) failed to observe the diversion and had to await police assistance at the Ravenhurst Road junction to get through the one-way section of the High Street. 

I noticed another 23 a while back did this but took a chance on running along Ravenhurst Road, Wentworth Road (not the easiest roads to navigate for full-sized buses) and Lordswood Road back to Harborne baths. 

frostjay974

13 towards Oldbury on diversion via Bristnall Hall Rd and Dog Kennel Lane as Brookfields Rd is partly closed. 

Mike K

Quote from: Mike K on February 27, 2024, 07:56:38 PMHarborne services yet again on diversion from High Street via Vivian Road and Harborne Park Road to normal line of route outbound. The 23 I was on this evening (I won't post the fleet number) failed to observe the diversion and had to await police assistance at the Ravenhurst Road junction to get through the one-way section of the High Street.

I noticed another 23 a while back did this but took a chance on running along Ravenhurst Road, Wentworth Road (not the easiest roads to navigate for full-sized buses) and Lordswood Road back to Harborne baths.
Well I can only assume that the reintroduction of the Harborne High Street diversion hasn't been properly communicated to BC drivers because again, 6871 which I was on tonight, failed to follow it (despite the fact that 6878 which was visible in front turned up Vivian Road). Driver only realised the error when the driver of a 48 passing in the other direction stopped to tell him. This one did take the magical mystery tour along Ravenhurst Road, Wentworth Road and Crosbie Road to Lordswood Road, much to the bemusement of passengers and passers-by.

PB50

WA 29 service is on diversion again currently.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/birchfield-road-police-incident-live-28733378
Does this affect any Services between Thornmill Road and Canterbury Road The X51 runs past the scene on the main A34 but not sure about the 51 and them services
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Westy

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on March 01, 2024, 10:55:53 AMhttps://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/birchfield-road-police-incident-live-28733378
Does this affect any Services between Thornmill Road and Canterbury Road The X51 runs past the scene on the main A34 but not sure about the 51 and them services
Would've thought if it's where I think it is, the outer road is affected, but the underpass isnt, but Im probably totally wrong!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk