News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Buses on loan

Started by Ash, March 24, 2012, 07:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

Glad I saw it - really rare working! Although wish I'd have caught it..

Tony

634 appears to be on loan to Walsall today out on the 301s

Ashley

Quote from: Tony on September 29, 2014, 10:41:09 AM
634 appears to be on loan to Walsall today out on the 301s

Is it on the 335 board or just a daytime 301 board? All the same its gone home

lynx1103

4698 on loan to PB

On 115

Ronnoc

I think 1898 is still on loan to YW, it was on the 2.

Ashley

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on October 02, 2014, 04:05:11 PM
I think 1898 is still on loan to YW, it was on the 2.

Confirmed as a transfer already

Liberator9

1898, 1899 and 1901 are all staying at YW - probably to replace a B10L or two there.

Ronnoc

Quote from: Liberator9 on October 02, 2014, 04:58:55 PM
1898, 1899 and 1901 are all staying at YW - probably to replace a B10L or two there.
I want the B10Ls to stay.

John

We had 1919 on the 28 this afternoon from Yardley Wood

Liberator9

Thanks John - did you get to drive it? On the mention of Scanias how do you find them to drive? One or two drivers I know like them at AG.

John

Quote from: Liberator9 on October 02, 2014, 07:51:50 PM
Thanks John - did you get to drive it? On the mention of Scanias how do you find them to drive? One or two drivers I know like them at AG.

No I didn't drive it. I had 1874 at the time. I would have liked to to have a different one

I like the Scanias, as long as it's a good one (1837 & 7032 are our two best), but I do find the brakes very temperamental. Only a small amount of pressure on the brake pedal and they are sharp. Some are also useless up hills, 1869 up Dyas hill this morning barely above 10mph  and some change up gear halfway up it, and you lose speed until it changes back down, then you get quite a violent jolt. One thing that is quite irritating is that the step can not be lowered until the doors are completely open, and some take their time to open. There are a couple we have that don't do this though and you lower the step straight away. I was glad to see the back of 7027 then it was transferred out, that ones brakes were awful

Matt.N0056

Quote from: John on October 02, 2014, 08:28:55 PM
Quote from: Liberator9 on October 02, 2014, 07:51:50 PM

No I didn't drive it. I had 1874 at the time. I would have liked to to have a different one

I like the Scanias, as long as it's a good one (1837 & 7032 are our two best), but I do find the brakes very temperamental. Only a small amount of pressure on the brake pedal and they are sharp. Some are also useless up hills, 1869 up Dyas hill this morning barely above 10mph  and some change up gear halfway up it, and you lose speed until it changes back down, then you get quite a violent jolt. One thing that is quite irritating is that the step can not be lowered until the doors are completely open, and some take their time to open. There are a couple we have that don't do this though and you lower the step straight away. I was glad to see the back of 7027 then it was transferred out, that ones brakes were awful

I noticed on an AG one, that you cant raise the platform if the ramp is out; the driver pulled the ramp out for a wheelchair but it was sticking up, so took a while for the wheelchair to get on.
I once saw one in Solihull Town Centre where the ramp was pulled out, then the bus must have lowered; the ramp got wedged between the bus and kerb. The bus was unable to move!

Liberator9

Thanks John - I have noticed as a passenger that the brakes can be very sharp - They do seem a bit sensitive and quite a hard bus to stop smoothly. Only been on one Scania going up a reasonably steep hill and that was 1941 when brand new when it did a very rare run on the S2, when it was still run by NX. The 6 and 37, plus the 71 don't really have any inclines on them, so don't get much of a chance to try one up a hill.

trident4370

The 27 has a few hills on it :P

Liberator9

Must try the rest of the 27 route soon  ;) - only been between King's Heath and Maypole. They need to resurface the Highters Heath Lane road - thought 1408 was going to fall apart when riding that part!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk