News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Yardley Travel 28Y

Started by vinh1000, February 22, 2013, 11:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: Winston on April 23, 2013, 01:45:18 PM
Quote from: Steveminor on April 23, 2013, 11:42:16 AM
Didn't last long did it!!!

Nope, strange......

From a couple of reports on here I was under the impression that the Yardley Travel 28Y appeared to be doing alright for passenger numbers

One went past me earlier while I was waiting for a real 28 ("real" being one to Scott Arms, not trying to say a non NX bus isn't real just in case people take it the wrong way), hadn't been a bus in a fair while so imagined it to be full, but no one caught it and only one person was on it
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Lukeee

Have Yardley Travel stopped running on the 28E now as Tony has recently posted a photo of one of their Darts with 28 on the blinds.

John

Quote from: Lukeee on June 15, 2013, 11:04:15 PM
Have Yardley Travel stopped running on the 28E now as Tony has recently posted a photo of one of their Darts with 28 on the blinds.

On NWM, they were supposed to withdraw on the 9th June

Tony

Quote from: John on June 16, 2013, 03:41:22 AM
Quote from: Lukeee on June 15, 2013, 11:04:15 PM

On NWM, they were supposed to withdraw on the 9th June

That one was parked, half on the pavement, outside someones house in Bordesley with no operators disc displayed

Solo1

Has Yardley Travel closed down or moved as zara travel are now in the yard used by Yardley Travel unless they are sharing the yard

Quote from: Solo1 on March 12, 2017, 10:25:37 AM
Has Yardley Travel closed down or moved as zara travel are now in the yard used by Yardley Travel unless they are sharing the yard
They're no longer operating any coaches. I clicked on the link to there website at the start of this thread and from the website they appear to be selling clothes instead @Solo1
So they appear to have had a change of approach.
Quote from: vinh1000 on February 22, 2013, 11:22:26 AM
http://www.yardleytravel.co.uk/Home.html

Though they're no longer operating any coaches or buses and are now selling clothes, they still appear to be called Yardley Travel.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on August 05, 2017, 01:04:20 AM
They're no longer operating any coaches. I clicked on the link to there website at the start of this thread and from the website they appear to be selling clothes instead @Solo1
So they appear to have had a change of approach.
Though they're no longer operating any coaches or buses and are now selling clothes, they still appear to be called Yardley Travel.

That looks like a fake website to me. I certainly wouldn't buy anything from there!

EDIT: looks like I'm right:
https://www.whois.com/whois/yardleytravel.co.uk
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

DJ

Quote from: Stu on August 05, 2017, 11:18:01 AM
That looks like a fake website to me. I certainly wouldn't buy anything from there!

EDIT: looks like I'm right:
https://www.whois.com/whois/yardleytravel.co.uk

Just because the whois uses a masking service, it doesn't mean it's fake. The one for this website shows something similar, unless Tony's based in Panama!
https://www.whois.com/whois/wmbusphotos.co.uk

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Stu

Quote from: DJ98 on August 05, 2017, 03:38:31 PM
Just because the whois uses a masking service, it doesn't mean it's fake. The one for this website shows something similar, unless Tony's based in Panama!
https://www.whois.com/whois/wmbusphotos.co.uk

Actually Tony's website is .com, not .co.uk ;)

Whichever way you look at it, that 'Yardley Travel' website is fake, no reputable online store would fail to list a business address. There are no terms & conditions and the Delivery Information page looks like its been badly translated from another language. I can guarantee that if anybody was to buy anything from there, they would not receive their purchase!

I have checked on Companies House, and Yardley Travel Ltd is still shown as an 'Active' company, although their registered address is presumably with their accountants in Edgbaston. According to the DVSA website, their operating licence was surrendered in 2015:
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/publication/search/?search=yardley%20travel&security=e445d00374ff4018c45cace638b0484e-a74a67c4a0f7bb2b8eb8d652aee98c51&text%5Bsearch%5D=yardley%20travel

What has presumably happened with the website is that they have allowed the domain name to expire, which means that someone else has registered it for their own nefarious purposes.

My locals:

BusFan94

Stu I typed in wmbusphotos.com and it was addressed in Burlington MA USA
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

Stu

Quote from: BusFan94 on August 05, 2017, 07:18:18 PM
Stu I typed in wmbusphotos.com and it was addressed in Burlington MA USA

That is where Tony's hosting provider is based, you'll also notice the use of Domain Privacy Service. Not everybody is happy to have their name and address publically available in domain registration records.
My locals:

Tony

Quote from: Stu on August 05, 2017, 07:24:24 PM
That is where Tony's hosting provider is based, you'll also notice the use of Domain Privacy Service. Not everybody is happy to have their name and address publically available in domain registration records.

My website is hosted by iPage, and it is them that are based in Burlington

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk