News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Premiere Bus , Nottingham in administration

Started by sconehead85, January 25, 2013, 12:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sconehead85

I have read on ROUTEONEs website that Premiere Bus of Nottingham have gone into administration.  Their commercial routes are trading but their contract services are being taken away.  The company tried to sell its operations but there were no takers.  It appears that this operator expanded too quickly  and most of its routes were competitive with Wellglade and Nottingham City Transport.  Premiere is another bit of the former Veolia to go belly-up.

I wonder if part of the company will be taken over by YourBus, which is owned by a Mr Dunn and would share the same "family tree" as Premiere Bus ?

sconehead85

Discodave

May let them go rather than take over and go onto the routes they run and keep everything at Henor.

mikestone

On what basis was it part of the Veolia empire?
;
The only other operator I have heard of trying to run under administrators was Countryliner and the last bit of that has just finished.

the trainbasher

I am aware that Trent Barton are accepting tickets on their services for the affected routes.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

mikestone

Press reports suggests that RouteOne jumped the gun and administrators had not in fact been appointed, although TrentBarton's website says they are finishing tonight.
;

Justin Tyme

Nottinghamshire County Council's website says that Premiere ceased operations at 5 pm today, and it has found operators for some replacement services. 

I understand that several leased vehicles have already been reclaimed by their hirers, such as Dawson Rentals.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk