News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM Fantasy Fleet

Started by TinnedPeaches, April 16, 2012, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinnedPeaches

Irrespective of money, if you could choose any vehicle/vehicles for NXWM to run now, what would they be? And, if you're that way inclined, what colour would you paint them?

I'll get to thinking about mine in the meantime...

Lukeee

Would be good to see some Plaxton Centro's and enviro 200's to replace the B6LE'S. I would keep the livery but add the full length connection bars back to the buses.

TinnedPeaches

Good ideas Lukee!

By the way, I ought to say I just want people to share their ideas. No judgement on what people would like.

IT'S JUST FOR FUN!

winston

I'd like to see a batch of Mercedes-Benz Citaro purchased to replace 0405N's and a batch of Volvo B9TL / Wright Gemini 2 to update the decker fleet in the Volvo based garages.

As for livery, I would go back to traditional colours i.e blue & cream, this could be apllied in the current NX format i.e current red area to be cream, white area to be blue with full connection bars at the rear in either cream or white.

TinnedPeaches

I agree with you "Winston" regarding the livery. I think a Wright Gemini would look great in blue and cream, although in my fantasy fleet I think if the livery was to be applied a la current NXWM colours, I'd have the blue at the front with blue connector bars on a cream rear.

I know people say they're rattly, but I've always had a soft spot for Optare so I think I'd quite like to see some Optare Versas feature in my single deck fleet. INterestingly, trying to think of vehicles I'd like, the amount and variety of bodywork manufacturers has shrunk more than I'd realised in recent years.

winston

Mr Wood, re- your application of blue/cream livery, the cream isn't that disimilar to white in terms of showing dirt / discolouring, that's why I would personally go for the majority of the livery to be blue to help the livery wear much better.

Quote from: Mr Wood on April 16, 2012, 05:11:11 PM
I agree with you "Winston" regarding the livery. I think a Wright Gemini would look great in blue and cream, although in my fantasy fleet I think if the livery was to be applied a la current NXWM colours, I'd have the blue at the front with blue connector bars on a cream rear.

Abluhwleh

I always wondered how an Optare Olympus would look in NXWN livery for some reason...

richie

Definatly some citarios would look good keep the front of the bus red the rear part silver and full length bars back on the sides but in white and re-brand to national express local

winston

Citaros are a must, however, silver is another very difficult colour to match when replacement panels need fitting due to accident damage etc

Quote from: richie on April 17, 2012, 12:23:49 PM
Definatly some citarios would look good keep the front of the bus red the rear part silver and full length bars back on the sides but in white and re-brand to national express local

TinnedPeaches

I'm liking the Citaro idea. Perhaps if the buses were red and blue (red front, blue rear) that would eliminate the "dirty bus" look. Then, maybe reverse that for NX Coventry (blue front, red rear)...though not sure what shade of blue.

winston

Or even have the front in the current shade of sky blue & the rear in the WMT blue

Quote from: Mr Wood on April 17, 2012, 03:18:04 PM
Then, maybe reverse that for NX Coventry (blue front, red rear)...though not sure what shade of blue.

PM

Ok, my fantasy fleet. Plaxton Centros, MCV Evolutions, Volvo B9tl/geminis, Optare Olympus(es), Optare Solo SRs, a few enviro 200 darts and a few high quality Citaros for good measure. And the livery...Blue and cream in a new best impressions style with West Midlands Travel as the fleetname. Route branding on virtually every route though still using similar colours.

Ashley

I'd have Wright bodied VDL SB220's like Claribels to replace the older single deckers like Excels and B6's

PM

Quote from: Ashley on April 17, 2012, 07:31:29 PM
I'd have Wright bodied VDL SB200's like Claribels to replace the older single deckers like Excels and B6's
Thats true I agree with you and had forgotten about them!

Ashley

I coudln't really think of anything else. NXWM have made some good choices the last few years. Enviro400's and Volvo B7RLE/Wright Eclipse Urban 2's are the best buses being built at the moment in my opinion

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk