News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva Tamworth

Started by windy miller, May 03, 2012, 03:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hlliwmai

Quote from: markcf83 on December 13, 2023, 02:48:20 PMWhat is the regular type used on the 765/X65 linking Tamworth to Lichfield?

Anything apart from double deckers (although deckers do appear on there sometimes but it is very sporadic) it is mainly single decker operated

EK40

Quote from: markcf83 on December 13, 2023, 02:48:20 PMWhat is the regular type used on the 765/X65 linking Tamworth to Lichfield?
Citaros mainly but basically everything else is often on it

markcf83

Quote from: EK40 on December 13, 2023, 05:40:30 PMCitaros mainly but basically everything else is often on it
I'm most grateful for the answer. Thank you.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

markcf83

Quote from: hlliwmai on December 13, 2023, 03:53:08 PMAnything apart from double deckers (although deckers do appear on there sometimes but it is very sporadic) it is mainly single decker operated
Most grateful for the answer. I asked the question as I'll be in the West Midlands in two weeks for two days. A bit of tidying up some gaps in my various ways.

EK40

optare solo 2510/CX57 CYY seems to have operated the 7:40 birmingham/9:10 tamworth service on the 110 before being taken off for enviro 400 4414

shortages be hitting i guess lmao, quite the peaktime duty for a short slimline solo

spacecowboy150

Quote from: EK40 on December 18, 2023, 10:53:03 PMoptare solo 2510/CX57 CYY seems to have operated the 7:40 birmingham/9:10 tamworth service on the 110 before being taken off for enviro 400 4414

shortages be hitting i guess lmao, quite the peaktime duty for a short slimline solo
is that one even euro 6 compliant? 

also it seems some of the scanias have disappeared off the bustimes list

Vulcan

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on December 19, 2023, 08:10:27 PMis that one even euro 6 compliant?

also it seems some of the scanias have disappeared off the bustimes list

That Solo is not compliant for Euro 6 be £50 to pay or bigger fine 

How many Scanias left in service at Tamworth now ? 

spacecowboy150

Quote from: Vulcan on December 20, 2023, 09:45:50 AMThat Solo is not compliant for Euro 6 be £50 to pay or bigger fine

How many Scanias left in service at Tamworth now ?
apparently 2 are still in service but i might be wrong 

markcf83

Got lucky with getting a DAF on the 765/X65 yesterday in Lichfield. Very happy with that. For the record it was 3758.

spacecowboy150

Quote from: markcf83 on December 30, 2023, 06:08:50 PMGot lucky with getting a DAF on the 765/X65 yesterday in Lichfield. Very happy with that. For the record it was 3758.
Was it any good, Ive ridden some of those YJ61s they were slow

markcf83

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on December 31, 2023, 11:13:39 AMWas it any good, Ive ridden some of those YJ61s they were slow
I didn't ride on it-as I had an NX nBUS ticket. It sounded alright leaving...... 

jc

3736 has returned to Tamworth with 3737 also now present, both in different versions of Sapphire livery.

EK40

110 seems to longer go inside ventura park, instead continuing up fazeley road then riverdrive up to tame drive across the river.

Also seems that once a day in each direction 
(7:40 tamworth - brum
14:40 brum - tamworth)

A 110 goes up reddicap hill instead of rectory road passing good hope normally.

ellspurs

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/changes-to-your-bus-services-in-tamworth-jan-24

Quote from: arrivaService 110

To help keep buses running on time we'll be changing the route around Ventura Park. Buses will run along River Drive and along the A4091 Fazeley Road rather than the centre of Ventura Park where they are often getting caught up in traffic. Customers wishing to travel between Tamworth Town Centre and Ventura Park can use service 2 from Victoria Road which will run every 30 minutes on Monday to Saturday daytimes and every hour on Sundays.
We're working with Staffordshire County Council to provide additional bus stops on Fazeley Road.
At the request of TfWM, students attending John Willmott School will benefit from an extra journey along Reddicap Hill in both directions during school times.

Vulcan

Quote from: ellspurs on January 17, 2024, 04:20:30 PMhttps://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/changes-to-your-bus-services-in-tamworth-jan-24

Ventura Park traffic issues have always been a problem in running the 110 service, been removed  to travel on roadway outside before but not generally liked by shoppers carrying bags.
It really needs the entrance / exits improving by the council to speed up the traffic flow.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk