News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

E127 is currently in service, just on the bus stops in Trinity Street

Coventrybususer95

Just seen this 

• The 2 and 2A timetable will change and buses will no longer serve Earlsdon. During peak daytime hours the route will extend from Tile Hill to Westwood Business Park and during off-peak daytime hours it will extend to Cannon Hill Shops. The 2B service will continue to serve Earlsdon.
• The timetable for 7/7B service will be revised, along with the Sunday timetables for the 6/6A and the 15 service.
• Service 19 between Westwood Business Park, Tile Hill and Coventry city centre will no longer operate. It will be partially replaced by service 2 between Cannon Park, Tile Hill and the city centre and Westwood Business Park will be served by service 2 and 18A at peak times. Other parts of the 19 route are served by the 11, 12X and the 18.
• A new service 51 will begin operating on Sunday only between Coventry city centre, Earlsdon, Hearsall Common and Coundon.
• The 54 service will no longer serve Coventry city centre and will instead start and finish at Spon End. Customers can use service 6 to travel between the city centre, Tile Hill and West Coventry Academy.

Have nx won the Sunday 51?
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

JPC

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on October 16, 2023, 05:07:39 PMJust seen this

• The 2 and 2A timetable will change and buses will no longer serve Earlsdon. During peak daytime hours the route will extend from Tile Hill to Westwood Business Park and during off-peak daytime hours it will extend to Cannon Hill Shops. The 2B service will continue to serve Earlsdon.
• The timetable for 7/7B service will be revised, along with the Sunday timetables for the 6/6A and the 15 service.
• Service 19 between Westwood Business Park, Tile Hill and Coventry city centre will no longer operate. It will be partially replaced by service 2 between Cannon Park, Tile Hill and the city centre and Westwood Business Park will be served by service 2 and 18A at peak times. Other parts of the 19 route are served by the 11, 12X and the 18.
• A new service 51 will begin operating on Sunday only between Coventry city centre, Earlsdon, Hearsall Common and Coundon.
• The 54 service will no longer serve Coventry city centre and will instead start and finish at Spon End. Customers can use service 6 to travel between the city centre, Tile Hill and West Coventry Academy.

Have nx won the Sunday 51?

NX have retained the Sunday 2 service you could say but extended to Coundon and re-numbered 51 to match the Stagecoach route, perhaps utilising Cedars island to turnaround like the previous 1 service.
Cannon Hill Shops [hopefully not a typo for Cannon Park Shops] seems a strange place to terminate the 2 but it perhaps loops Cannon Park Rd and A45 back to Charter Ave, the route between Tile Hill South and Westwood/Cannon Park remains unclear - either Charter Ave or Westwood Heath Road?.
The Sunday 6/6A and 15 are probably being interworked to improve reliability.

Coventrybususer95

Looks like nx have won the 51 route from stagecoach 

All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Danthebusman

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on October 19, 2023, 12:39:11 PMLooks like nx have won the 51 route from stagecoach

Looks like it will be ran by NX from November as expiry date is 31/10/2023.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Danthebusman on October 19, 2023, 02:41:44 PMLooks like it will be ran by NX from November as expiry date is 31/10/2023.
Could be why there's a new Sunday service 

Danthebusman

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on October 19, 2023, 04:26:27 PMCould be why there's a new Sunday service
Personally, I've never been on the 51 or seen much of it but it must have decent patronage, especially given it goes through so many areas and has so many possible links, to have NX potentially run a full 7-day service.

JPC

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on October 19, 2023, 12:39:11 PMLooks like nx have won the 51 route from stagecoach

Quote from: Danthebusman on October 19, 2023, 02:41:44 PMLooks like it will be ran by NX from November as expiry date is 31/10/2023.
Like yourselves I'm still trying to figure out what is going to happen in just over two weeks time...
However I don't believe Stagecoach have lost their 51 for now, yes NX have registered a "new" 51 but this is just the aforementioned Sunday journeys, plus the registration does hint service on weekdays which could just be short journeys to Earlsdon (numbered 2B?) replacing the service 2 which is rerouted via Spon End.
That expiry date you've seen is just for the operator's discs, all registrations across one operator will show the same date (which I expect will be renewed in due course).

Coventrybususer95

From the 5th it seems the last number 2 Coventry to cannon park on a weekday will be 13:57 And from cannon park to Coventry will be 14:32 anyone know of this is a mistake on the timetable or if it's true

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on October 23, 2023, 09:29:08 PMFrom the 5th it seems the last number 2 Coventry to cannon park on a weekday will be 13:57 And from cannon park to Coventry will be 14:32 anyone know of this is a mistake on the timetable or if it's true

The previously mentioned peak time journeys to Westwood Business Park operate as service number 2A probably.
Doesn't look like the 2A timetable has been released yet.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on October 23, 2023, 09:29:08 PMFrom the 5th it seems the last number 2 Coventry to cannon park on a weekday will be 13:57 And from cannon park to Coventry will be 14:32 anyone know of this is a mistake on the timetable or if it's true

Where is the time table showing that?

Coventrybususer95

JPC

Quote from: 2206 on October 23, 2023, 09:36:39 PMThe previously mentioned peak time journeys to Westwood Business Park operate as service number 2A probably.
Doesn't look like the 2A timetable has been released yet.
Click HERE for the 2A timetable

Click HERE for the Sunday 51 timetable

So it looks like the 2/2A isn't serving Canley Crematorium and Cannon Hill Rd.
Nor any replacement for the 2 through Earlsdon which will have to make do with the hourly 51.
The NXC 51 only runs as far as Chapelfields terminus, not quite Coundon which fair enough already has the 5A.

Coventrybususer95

Danthebusman

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on October 31, 2023, 02:44:18 PMIs the 6 being extended back to Victoria farm from the 5th

https://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/services-timetables/6-coventry-tanyard-farm

No, it's interworking with the 15 on Sundays to improve reliability I believe.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk