News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Buses on loan

Started by Ash, March 24, 2012, 07:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Danthebusman on October 10, 2023, 08:44:18 AM2150 is in service at CV today on 20As so must've returned last night.
See my post earlier

PB50

I would have thought the loan buses would have gone back to Coventry now that the hydrogen buses are back in service.

Tony

Quote from: PB50 on October 10, 2023, 12:41:22 PMI would have thought the loan buses would have gone back to Coventry now that the hydrogen buses are back in service.
Fuelling station can currently only fuel 10 a day, only one of the two compressors has been fixed

Mayfield

How long does it physically take to refuel once it arrives at the station.

Mayfield

How long does it physically take to refuel once it arrives at the station

Tony

Quote from: Mayfield on October 10, 2023, 01:33:41 PMHow long does it physically take to refuel once it arrives at the station.
Takes about 7 minutes

Mayfield

For the uneducated can you explain why they can only fuel 10 if it take 7 minutes to fill, is it because it has to be for want of a better word manufactured on site

Tony

Because only one compressor is working, so only one of the storage tanks can be filled

Mayfield

I know you will probably think I'm thick but is the hydrogen delivered to the refuelling facility by tanker ?

Tony

Quote from: Mayfield on October 10, 2023, 08:04:53 PMI know you will probably think I'm thick but is the hydrogen delivered to the refuelling facility by tanker ?
No, it is produced on site, it is then compressed into two large tanks at high pressure ready for filling the buses, with only half capacity available it restricts the number of buses that can be fuelled

Stu

Quote from: Mayfield on October 10, 2023, 08:04:53 PMI know you will probably think I'm thick but is the hydrogen delivered to the refuelling facility by tanker ?
The hydrogen is produced on-site:
https://www.tyseleyenergy.co.uk/tyseley-refuelling-hub/

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Mayfield

Thanks guys I now have a much better understanding of the process 

Twm 1990S

2005 on 4H/4M/4 on loan to WA
AG/YW/WB/BC/PN/

Solo1

How come 2005 when it was on loan was showing on4's yet the Cov ones at Walsall not tracking I know loan buses don't show on tracking but 2005 did

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Solo1 on October 15, 2023, 08:24:02 AMHow come 2005 when it was on loan was showing on4's yet the Cov ones at Walsall not tracking I know loan buses don't show on tracking but 2005 did
Nxwm loans track as there on the same system 

Coventry is on a different system that's why they don't track 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk