News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capitalpotter

Quote from: Bob on September 13, 2023, 09:54:23 PM148s the latest regular on there, the littlest bus theyve got, on anhourly route,so it mustnt be busy these days
Can't be too crowded or they wouldn't be cancelling it surely

Bob

Quote from: Capitalpotter on September 14, 2023, 07:52:37 AMCan't be too crowded or they wouldn't be cancelling it surely
Probably just want the council to fund em

Capitalpotter

Quote from: Bob on September 14, 2023, 10:32:31 AMProbably just want the council to fund em
More than likely.

Bob

Quote from: Capitalpotter on September 14, 2023, 06:57:03 PMMore than likely.
Second time theyve threatened withdrawal of the 62, maybe the council should offer the tender elsewhere 

Craigkibbs

Quote from: Bob on September 14, 2023, 10:44:00 PMSecond time theyve threatened withdrawal of the 62, maybe the council should offer the tender elsewhere
Depends if anyone else wants togo for it. select seem busy sorting there new yard over in telford and theyve not long taken on 3 new routes.

Bob

Quote from: Craigkibbs on September 15, 2023, 10:08:56 AMDepends if anyone else wants togo for it. select seem busy sorting there new yard over in telford and theyve not long taken on 3 new routes.
Hopefully there will be

ntw456

Quote from: hlliwmai on September 12, 2023, 10:55:16 PMWould be interesting to see IF these routes get picked up other operator(s) I have 3 in mind but 2 of them are extreme wildcards but anything is possible

(1)  Arriva.... Could it be possible to see them operating in Cannock again that would be quite odd to see

(2)  Diamond.... Could it be also possible for them to start operating in Cannock, I could only assume if this did happen it would operate via the Burton depot

(3) Select.... Obviously this is the sister company to Chaserider so they are probably most plausible to pick these routes up but it is whether they would want them
Just to point out again... select are NOT a sister company to Chaserider!

hlliwmai

Quote from: ntw456 on September 15, 2023, 11:23:54 PMJust to point out again... select are NOT a sister company to Chaserider!

Considering that Julian Peddle has a majority share in Select and that both companies come under the Centrebus Group umbrella sure it is...

the trainbasher

QuoteConsidering that Julian Peddle has a majority share in Select and that both companies come under the Centrebus Group umbrella sure it is...
Select isn't part of centrebus

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Hector

Quote from: hlliwmai on September 16, 2023, 09:27:56 AMConsidering that Julian Peddle has a majority share in Select and that both companies come under the Centrebus Group umbrella sure it is...
How does Julian Peddle have a majority share in Select when Ben Brown owns 74% ?

hlliwmai

Quote from: Hector on September 16, 2023, 12:31:50 PMHow does Julian Peddle have a majority share in Select when Ben Brown owns 74% ?

I'm only going by what I was told

Solo1

Would it help if 62 was 1 bus working like on Saturday 

Rachvince53

Quote from: hlliwmai on September 16, 2023, 09:27:56 AMConsidering that Julian Peddle has a majority share in Select and that both companies come under the Centrebus Group umbrella sure it is...
Julian Peddle has a MINORITY stake in Select Bus, not a majority. He also had a minority stake in Midland Classic prior to its sale to Rotala.  However Select is not part of Centrebus Group nor a sister company to Chaserider just as Midland Classic wasn't.

Stu

Quote from: hlliwmai on September 16, 2023, 12:39:08 PMI'm only going by what I was told
There's a lot of 'duff' information going around and being posted on this forum as 'facts'.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Craigkibbs

Is there anymore news on chaserider taking over the 19 bloxwich to walsall route?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk