News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: 2206 on August 18, 2023, 07:26:06 PMWonder how the 41 timetable will fit in with the existing 11/14 services on the sections between Uni of Warwick and Leamington Spa/Eastern Green. What would the frequency on that section look like?

Possibly running as the 11 to Uni Of  Warwick then as the 14 to Parkhill Estate, not sure which way it might go to Radford from there?
Could it be that we will lose the 14/ 5 and the 41 is there replacements 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on August 18, 2023, 07:35:28 PMCould it be that we will lose the 14/ 5 and the 41 is there replacements
Couldn't imagine so as the 13 & 21 is moving onto B rota from the 3rd which the 5 & 7 are on which everyone on the 13 & 21's is having to learn

Stu

Perhaps it might be prudent to wait for any official announcement or communication?

For all we know, these might just be school/works services that only operate once or twice a day.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

stellasteve

Quote from: 2206 on August 18, 2023, 07:26:06 PMWonder how the 41 timetable will fit in with the existing 11/14 services on the sections between Uni of Warwick and Leamington Spa/Eastern Green. What would the frequency on that section look like?

Possibly running as the 11 to Uni Of  Warwick then as the 14 to Parkhill Estate, not sure which way it might go to Radford from there?
Ill take a purely speculative stab - X1 as far as Grayswood Avenue/Kingsbury Road, left up on the 51 through Coundon then to wherever the Radford terminus is - rather amiguous as Radford could be defined as Jubilee Crescent, Old Shepherd or even the end of Burnaby Road where the 5 used to terminate on Sundays.

Danthebusman

I wonder when these changes will be confirmed/denied on the NX Website considering September isn't far away at all now.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Danthebusman on August 19, 2023, 12:43:28 PMI wonder when these changes will be confirmed/denied on the NX Website considering September isn't far away at all now.
If true I would guess anytime in the next 2/3 weeks then it'll take TFWM about 2-3 years to put in new bus stops/ signs
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

ellspurs

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on August 19, 2023, 12:58:41 PMIf true I would guess anytime in the next 2/3 weeks then it'll take TFWM about 2-3 years to put in new bus stops/ signs
Come on, you're being a bit optimistic there!

Coventrybususer95

Tony

Coventry is 100% electric today for the first time

Gareth

Quote from: Tony on August 20, 2023, 10:53:53 AMCoventry is 100% electric today for the first time
Do the services operated by E200 and B7 not operate on sundays? And if they do, is there anything preventing these services being operated by the BYD E400 during the week?

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on August 20, 2023, 11:06:26 AMDo the services operated by E200 and B7 not operate on sundays? And if they do, is there anything preventing these services being operated by the BYD E400 during the week?
The 20b doesn't run on Sundays, all other normally single deck services can be run by double decks

Danthebusman

Quote from: Tony on August 20, 2023, 11:15:33 AMThe 20b doesn't run on Sundays, all other normally single deck services can be run by double decks
Good to hear, noticed 8 deckers on the 17 yesterday (so 100% electric as PVR for daytime is 8).

stellasteve

Not to be the one to dampen the mood, but 6953 is out in Pool Meadow currently and I assume it is the same E400MMC that passed the railway station at around quarter to 2.

Tony

Quote from: stellasteve on August 20, 2023, 02:23:52 PMNot to be the one to dampen the mood, but 6953 is out in Pool Meadow currently and I assume it is the same E400MMC that passed the railway station at around quarter to 2.
Not in service though.

6953 and 7540 are both on contract work for the 'Blind Games'

Stu

As of today, and purely going by what's listed on BusTimes, this is what I currently have at Coventry:

BYD ADL Enviro400EV116
Volvo B7RLE Wright Eclipse 227
ADL Enviro20013
ADL Enviro400 MMC6
ADL Enviro4002
Dennis Trident Alexander ALX4001

You cannot view this attachment.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter