News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: Danthebusman on August 11, 2023, 12:12:26 PMDuly noted!
From what I was told 4576 got withdrawn today along with 4664

Danthebusman

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on August 11, 2023, 08:19:22 PMFrom what I was told 4576 got withdrawn today along with 4664
That's a shame, Coventry now devoid of any Gemini 1s, which have operated here for over 15 years, but out with the old and in with the new I guess.

Tony

Quote from: Danthebusman on August 11, 2023, 09:00:55 PMThat's a shame, Coventry now devoid of any Gemini 1s, which have operated here for over 15 years, but out with the old and in with the new I guess.
They haven't been continual for 15 years, there was a gap. withdrawing 4664 wasn't mentioned to me by the engineering manager today when we were discussing the fleet, but it is currently poorly with low power so depending what is wrong will decide its fate

Coventrybususer95

I believe there's only 4450 left out of the tridents cv had :(
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on August 16, 2023, 09:20:38 PMI believe there's only 4450 left out of the tridents cv had :(
Correct, there's only 3 E400's, 6 E400 MMC's and the last gemini is going cor scrap tomorrow

New services registered:
41: Radford to Leamington Spa via Parkhill Estate, Eastern Green, Tile Hill South, University of Warwick and Kenilworth. PD0001111/875
42: Keresley Village to University of Warwick via Radford, Little Heath, Willenhall, Green Lane. PD0001111/876

Does anyone know what these routes are?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: 2206 on August 17, 2023, 10:56:33 PMNew services registered:
41: Radford to Leamington Spa via Parkhill Estate, Eastern Green, Tile Hill South, University of Warwick and Kenilworth. PD0001111/875
42: Keresley Village to University of Warwick via Radford, Little Heath, Willenhall, Green Lane. PD0001111/876

Could be new uni link bus routes funded by the University of Warwick or nx are being back cross city routes again
Or
The 42 could be a remembered/ routed 16
And the 41 could be the renumbered/ routed 14 or 15
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

stellasteve

Just a thought - wasn't Stagecoach 60 up for tender? That 42 sounds like a possible extension to Keresley Village although not too sure what route it would take (maybe old de courcey 61)

41 sounds like what was the old de courcey 43. As both numbers seem quite similar, is this the revival of the former outer circle, with a few upgrades?

Coventrybususer95

Would be nice to have a hospital link from tile hill without having to change in town 

Maybe extend the 2 or 18 to uhcw 

ellspurs

A new bus going to Parkhill Estate. The x1 has been doing that by itself since the old, old 6 was withdrawn, I think? Or possibly a precursor for the new estate that's being built in Eastern Green (although it'd be a bit early to start sending buses there).

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: ellspurs on August 18, 2023, 03:32:30 PMA new bus going to Parkhill Estate. The x1 has been doing that by itself since the old, old 6 was withdrawn, I think? Or possibly a precursor for the new estate that's being built in Eastern Green (although it'd be a bit early to start sending buses there).
Could be to cover some streets the x1 doesn't cover

ellspurs

Parkhill only has the one main road that isn't a cul-de-sac. The x1 turns around at the shop. This new bus hopefully should be traversing the length of the road (sorry, the 54 school bus currently does this), and hopefully they'll install some bus stops along there so people know a scheduled bus is using the road.

stellasteve

Quote from: ellspurs on August 18, 2023, 05:31:59 PMParkhill only has the one main road that isn't a cul-de-sac. The x1 turns around at the shop. This new bus hopefully should be traversing the length of the road (sorry, the 54 school bus currently does this), and hopefully they'll install some bus stops along there so people know a scheduled bus is using the road.
I wouldn't hold my breath about the stops. 1/51 have been going down Glendower Avenue and using it as a driver discretion hail and ride section for nearly 2 years now.
Either way, a welcome addition to the Coventry network after the western half of the outer circle was withdrawn in March 2020.

ellspurs

Quote from: stellasteve on August 18, 2023, 06:09:13 PMI wouldn't hold my breath about the stops. 1/51 have been going down Glendower Avenue and using it as a driver discretion hail and ride section for nearly 2 years now.
Either way, a welcome addition to the Coventry network after the western half of the outer circle was withdrawn in March 2020.
Yup, the 85 had been going through the New Hall Estate and they put exactly one bus stop on the whole estate. No wonder it no longer (or will soon no longer be) goes up there.

I guess TfWM will go "but they can request stops if they want one". Most people wouldn't even think that was a thing. They need to mark out routes more effectively, or leaflet the estate going "these roads have a bus on them, it's hail and ride" with the timetable acknowledging this.

Wonder how the 41 timetable will fit in with the existing 11/14 services on the sections between Uni of Warwick and Leamington Spa/Eastern Green. What would the frequency on that section look like?

Possibly running as the 11 to Uni Of  Warwick then as the 14 to Parkhill Estate, not sure which way it might go to Radford from there?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk