News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: solonightrider on March 15, 2023, 11:09:13 PMseating trim costs would be more valuable than most of the vehicles it would be attached too lol

True 🤣🤣🤣🤣

hlliwmai

A new addiction to the fleet today in form of a 16 plate Enviro 200 (YX16 OHW) has been allocated fleet number 4 

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: hlliwmai on March 16, 2023, 12:20:54 PMA new addiction to the fleet today in form of a 16 plate Enviro 200 (YX16 OHW) has been allocated fleet number 4
Only at Chaserider for repaint. Going up to crewe for the new arriva routes

hlliwmai

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on March 16, 2023, 01:16:07 PMOnly at Chaserider for repaint. Going up to crewe for the new arriva routes

Oh well it's being used in service 

Bob

Quote from: solonightrider on March 15, 2023, 10:09:46 PMThe 63 route is another one that is plagued with unreliable vehicles, think today is the first day for a while the same bus managed to complete the full shift! Total embarrassment for a 1 vehicle hourly working that fails so often day after day. No wonder passengers lose the will to live with this shocking poor performance. :-(
Like today when 99 broke down, then a volvo got pulled off Staffs to lichfield to avoid a 2hr gap , managed to get back to Cannock,and not runafter that and a scrappy Solos been shoved on to 63. Theyre not having a good day today Volvos 195 196 both broke down before 7am on the 826 /828, and one of the cummins solos broke before 9am on pye greens,lools like the other cummins one was over telford but hasmt been used since about 1040 am 

hlliwmai

Now then I don't really know Chaserider very well seeing as I live in an area where they don't operate any services however I'm quite sure they are trying there best at running services all these people on this thread that slag them off left; right & centre think of it like this it could be far far worse it could be Diamond running all the services in Cannock & surrounding areas personally I prey god that Rotala don't end up purchasing Chaserider from the Centrebus Group or the whole Centrebus Group in general because THEN people (not just Cannock residents) would have something to complain about somebody said to me quite a few months ago Chaserider are probably running things not to dissimilar to how Arriva ran things when they had the operations.

Again I'm not very au fait as to how Arriva operated things when they had operations however it's probably a damn sight better than how Diamond/Rotala run things this also applies to Chaserider so just think guys before you comment Cannock could be Blue and I'm sure people don't want that happening because believe me you think buses go missing on the Pye Green now it would be worse if Diamond ran over there. 

winston

Quote from: hlliwmai on March 16, 2023, 02:21:32 PMNow then I don't really know Chaserider very well seeing as I live in an area where they don't operate any services however I'm quite sure they are trying there best at running services all these people on this thread that slag them off left; right & centre think of it like this it could be far far worse it could be Diamond running all the services in Cannock & surrounding areas personally I prey god that Rotala don't end up purchasing Chaserider from the Centrebus Group or the whole Centrebus Group in general because THEN people (not just Cannock residents) would have something to complain about somebody said to me quite a few months ago Chaserider are probably running things not to dissimilar to how Arriva ran things when they had the operations.

Again I'm not very au fait as to how Arriva operated things when they had operations however it's probably a damn sight better than how Diamond/Rotala run things this also applies to Chaserider so just think guys before you comment Cannock could be Blue and I'm sure people don't want that happening because believe me you think buses go missing on the Pye Green now it would be worse if Diamond ran over there.
Is all you've done there in defending Chaserider is slag Diamond / Rotala off instead. So your comments are pretty pointless. 

hlliwmai

Quote from: winston on March 16, 2023, 02:31:24 PMIs all you've done there in defending Chaserider is slag Diamond / Rotala off instead. So your comments are pretty pointless.

It's factual though @winston 

Bob

Quote from: hlliwmai on March 16, 2023, 02:21:32 PMNow then I don't really know Chaserider very well seeing as I live in an area where they don't operate any services however I'm quite sure they are trying there best at running services all these people on this thread that slag them off left; right & centre think of it like this it could be far far worse it could be Diamond running all the services in Cannock & surrounding areas personally I prey god that Rotala don't end up purchasing Chaserider from the Centrebus Group or the whole Centrebus Group in general because THEN people (not just Cannock residents) would have something to complain about somebody said to me quite a few months ago Chaserider are probably running things not to dissimilar to how Arriva ran things when they had the operations.

I wouldnt cqll not running a scheduled service ( the 63) after 3pm wjen its supposed to finish after 6pm on monday "doing their best". Arriva had a lot more full sized vehicles for interurban services to be fair. Reliabilitys through the floor. Check out their google reviews, people stranded /breakdowns daily etc. 1.5 star average i think theyve got. If say on a frequent service like the nx 51 had a couple of breakdowns,it wouldnt be as noticeable, but when youre running hourly services and have as many breakdowns as chaserider have its pretty bad. Even worsr when for 1/2/3 hrs nothing operates at all.

winston

Quote from: hlliwmai on March 16, 2023, 02:37:38 PMIt's factual though @winston
No it's not. Other members comments on Chaserider are factual.

Rachvince53

Agreed,  Chaserider seem to have a disproportionate series of breakdowns compared to Diamond. 

Bob

Quote from: Rachvince53 on March 16, 2023, 04:53:02 PMAgreed,  Chaserider seem to have a disproportionate series of breakdowns compared to Diamond.
Probably likely. I think some of its maybe to using stuff like 15/16  yr old Solos that arent in the best of states on punishing interurban work

solonightrider

Quote from: Bob on March 16, 2023, 02:55:36 PMI wouldnt cqll not running a scheduled service ( the 63) after 3pm wjen its supposed to finish after 6pm on monday "doing their best". Arriva had a lot more full sized vehicles for interurban services to be fair. Reliabilitys through the floor. Check out their google reviews, people stranded /breakdowns daily etc. 1.5 star average i think theyve got. If say on a frequent service like the nx 51 had a couple of breakdowns,it wouldnt be as noticeable, but when youre running hourly services and have as many breakdowns as chaserider have its pretty bad. Even worsr when for 1/2/3 hrs nothing operates at all.
The route 63 reliability of late has been shocking, some days a one vehicle diagram is taking 4 buses to operate with journeys still missing, just a daily occurrence on the 63 which I think comes in the category classed as non compliant operation??   can see the 63 for the chop in the next round of cuts with the excuse ' no ones using it'  how can we use and rely on a service that barely operates to its registered timetable?  

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: solonightrider on March 16, 2023, 10:55:19 PMThe route 63 reliability of late has been shocking, some days a one vehicle diagram is taking 4 buses to operate with journeys still missing, just a daily occurrence on the 63 which I think comes in the category classed as non compliant operation??  can see the 63 for the chop in the next round of cuts with the excuse ' no ones using it'  how can we use and rely on a service that barely operates to its registered timetable? 
Sounds about right tbf

Budgie

I 100% about reliability turning people away from buses. It has for me twice.  Nor am I a defender of a rubbish offering.  However...

In regards to the 63, interested in the above comments, I looked at Bus Times from yesterday to the start of February. From what I can tell, every single journey has been covered in the last 6 weeks or so without fail. Yes on some days a second bus has been used, I noted that on a Saturday, the morning bus was replaced so it could do an Aston Villa match run but was replaced, I guess so the better bus could be used for the fans.

The only day that looked like it might have had an issue was on the 14th March. From what I can tell, YX09FLM did run the route after 15:15 until end of day, its just that it didn't register properly. If you look at the 15:15, the timings show the return journey from Rugeley at 19:01.

I know Bus Times isn't necessarily reliable and that as an actual user of it, you know its issues. I share the pain given the problems I've had with Chiltern this week, at least I can and have claimed compensation for the rubbish that has been served up.  However, I do question the notion that the service has been a joke in the last 6 weeks or so. Admittedly it may have been before that period.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk