News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on January 26, 2023, 04:30:25 PMMight be useful to replace some of the chaserider fleet and get some new services running in cannock
They could do with sacking the Solos off. Theyre not really suited to anything. Too small for interurban routes and knackered. They seem to have trouble with vehicles other operators seem to do ok with, the Scanias bar one of the pair coming out for the first time in a month then breaking within an hour and a half, they cant seem to keep streetlites on the road, couldnt get SB120s/200s/180s to be reliable etc, and the Volvos fail now pretty often.. They definetely need some higher capacity full sized buses

Westy

The older vehicles I suppose I can understand them failing(& I know @Tony will probably say about Nx keeping older types going & hardly failing!), but these newer types like Streetlites for instance, why is Chaserider having regular issues, when as Tony said on another thread, Nx's Streetlites are more available, with the main issue being spare parts, if I remember correctly?

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: Westy on January 26, 2023, 09:23:37 PMThe older vehicles I suppose I can understand them failing(& I know @Tony will probably say about Nx keeping older types going & hardly failing!), but these newer types like Streetlites for instance, why is Chaserider having regular issues, when as Tony said on another thread, Nx's Streetlites are more available, with the main issue being spare parts, if I remember correctly?
This might explain your questions. Chaserider have more than once ran buses on no oil, coolant or fuel which is why half the volvos have come off road and remain to have constant issues. Chaserider are known for a cheap easy quick repair and throw it back out on the road. This is why a lot of buses aren't reliable as they should be. I do know they've have a massive engineer over haul and we've seen a massive improvement in service. Not sure what was so wrong with the 2 solars they've got. For the first time since Chaserider took over operations all the streetlites are on the road and apart from 64 having no issues with them at all apart from 66 which came off the road breifly due to a bin lorry hitting it. The solo SR's I can't explain all I do know is Arrivia had massive issues with them all the time

Bob

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on January 26, 2023, 10:05:26 PMThis might explain your questions. Chaserider have more than once ran buses on no oil, coolant or fuel which is why half the volvos have come off road and remain to have constant issues. Chaserider are known for a cheap easy quick repair and throw it back out on the road. This is why a lot of buses aren't reliable as they should be. I do know they've have a massive engineer over haul and we've seen a massive improvement in service. Not sure what was so wrong with the 2 solars they've got. For the first time since Chaserider took over operations all the streetlites are on the road and apart from 64 having no issues with them at all apart from 66 which came off the road breifly due to a bin lorry hitting it. The solo SR's I can't explain all I do know is Arrivia had massive issues with them all the time
They have issues with all three 09 plate E200s as well and i dont know why after getting rid of 187190 thry brought 187 back, its got poor reliability tosay the least. The Volvos are crying out for a retrim. I think NXs 56 plates had had two by the time they were withdrawn!

Quote from: Bob on January 26, 2023, 10:25:12 PMThey have issues with all three 09 plate E200s as well and i dont know why after getting rid of 187190 thry brought 187 back, its got poor reliability tosay the least. The Volvos are crying out for a retrim. I think NXs 56 plates had had two by the time they were withdrawn!
They've had 3

Bob

The Dolos are in serious need of the scrapman, 180 broke down on the 62, meaning no 1230 journey from cannock, so the usual 2hr gap, ( i was waiting for the X51 so saw it), 182 broke on the 63, so everyone on it had to wait till they could pull another Solo off Pye Greens then alight and get on that. Itll be funny if the replacement Solo breaks down as well 🙄😜

Rachvince53

Minor changes to several Chaserider services from 20 February, mostly retiming of the odd journey I believe. (Info from Staffs CC Email). New service 405 in Uttoxeter.

solonightrider

Quote from: Bob on January 27, 2023, 01:15:04 PMThe Dolos are in serious need of the scrapman, 180 broke down on the 62, meaning no 1230 journey from cannock, so the usual 2hr gap, ( i was waiting for the X51 so saw it), 182 broke on the 63, so everyone on it had to wait till they could pull another Solo off Pye Greens then alight and get on that. Itll be funny if the replacement Solo breaks down as well 🙄😜
a 3 vehicle working today on the 63 for a 1 bus diagram...... :-)  bus no 1 pulled off 74 to go on pye green so another scrap solo plonked on the 74 cycle, 74 creeping up to solo city of late whilst larger capacity vehicles wasted on local quiet circulars or lanes routes

IMarkeh

Quote from: Rachvince53 on January 27, 2023, 05:15:44 PMMinor changes to several Chaserider services from 20 February, mostly retiming of the odd journey I believe. (Info from Staffs CC Email). New service 405 in Uttoxeter.
Some big reductions on the 841. The villages will have a reduction in service during the week and on Saturdays, no villages will be served, it will be just hourly Stafford to Hixton and then 2 hourly extended to Uttoxeter.

Rachvince53

The 405 will run every 30 minutes Mon-Sat from Uttoxeter to Olive Park calling at Tesco.  

Can't see what the fleet number is but ex National Express Coventey B7TL Wright Gemmini is now at Chaserider

Tony

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on February 03, 2023, 03:30:11 PMCan't see what the fleet number is but ex National Express Coventey B7TL Wright Gemmini is now at Chaserider
Just to clarify for future reference when this is read. It was only on site at Delta Way for MoT with its current owner 'The Bus Works'. It has no connection with Chaserider.

Stu

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on February 03, 2023, 03:30:11 PMCan't see what the fleet number is but ex National Express Coventey B7TL Wright Gemmini is now at Chaserider
Quote from: Tony on February 03, 2023, 07:34:15 PMJust to clarify for future reference when this is read. It was only on site at Delta Way for MoT with its current owner 'The Bus Works'. It has no connection with Chaserider.
And just to add to Tony's clarification, it is an independent MOT testing station, same as when Arriva owned the depot.

So any sightings of 'odd' vehicles there should not be assumed as being with Chaserider.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

More new routes for Chaserider at the end of Feb.102, 103, 104 & 105 will be running

Westy

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on February 07, 2023, 08:35:10 PMMore new routes for Chaserider at the end of Feb.102, 103, 104 & 105 will be running
They're having a serious crack at Telford?

Obviously run out of ideas in Cannock.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk