News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

51 broke down on the 15.15 63 to rugeley, and didnt get replaced, so thats 2 hours with zero bus service,  potentially three hrs if the next one and last one dont run. Why theyd allocate an already unreliable 15 yr solo to a route like the 70 is beyond me.

Bob

Quote from: ContainsNuts on January 17, 2023, 05:15:01 PMI think Bob has missed a dose of his medication. Surely there is no other reason for the continuous ranting. I wish I had enough time to stalk a bus company on the internet and do a live feed of all of the issues I find. Although if I did have that much time I'd make better use of it.

In all honesty this thread on the forum may as well be closed down as it seems to have become a one-man vendetta which is getting rather tiresome.
Vendetta? This has actually happened today thank you very much. Check out their google reviews if you want to know what passengers think of them!. Also if you had to rely on them maybe you'd have  different view of the rubbish service they provide?  Worst than a cowboy operator

Stevo

Actually I find Bob's posts one of the few completely predictable things these days - it's sort of soothing. :smiley:

John

QuoteI think Bob has missed a dose of his medication. Surely there is no other reason for the continuous ranting. I wish I had enough time to stalk a bus company on the internet and do a live feed of all of the issues I find. Although if I did have that much time I'd make better use of it.

In all honesty this thread on the forum may as well be closed down as it seems to have become a one-man vendetta which is getting rather tiresome.
Well said. Plus reading the forum rules, they say 'DO NOT Post daft questions / rubbish or generally disrupt the workings of the forum & annoy existing members' and 'Do not spam the forum by posting random comments in as many threads a possible because you're bored & have nothing else constructive to contribute', two things that has been happening here for a long time now

Its like the 'boy who cried wolf' reading this thread now. It was exactly the same when Arriva was in Cannock funnily enough its continued with Chaserider

If its so bad what good is it going to do complaining on an enthusiast forum..... Compain to the TC or the council

metrocity

Quote from: ContainsNuts on January 17, 2023, 05:15:01 PMI think Bob has missed a dose of his medication. Surely there is no other reason for the continuous ranting. I wish I had enough time to stalk a bus company on the internet and do a live feed of all of the issues I find. Although if I did have that much time I'd make better use of it.

It was the same when it was the Arriva Cannock thread...

ContainsNuts

Quote from: Bob on January 17, 2023, 05:23:51 PMVendetta? This has actually happened today thank you very much. Check out their google reviews if you want to know what passengers think of them!. Also if you had to rely on them maybe you'd have  different view of the rubbish service they provide?  Worst than a cowboy operator
You've quoted so many different 'issues' that it's as if you've got multiple personalities, and they are all waiting for buses in different places!

Bob

Quote from: ContainsNuts on January 17, 2023, 08:55:43 PMYou've quoted so many different 'issues' that it's as if you've got multiple personalities, and they are all waiting for buses in different places!
Whatever...... Theyre clearly a failing operator with some serious running issues. Oh and incidentally I live in Longford, and i and several other passengers can vouch for how rubbish and unreliable the service is. Stood waiting 45 mins for a bus that got dumped at the depot. You have to check an app just to check whether your bus is even operating let alone late. Got some good news stories to share about them? 

Wumpty

In all fairness to @Bob , we've crossed swords many times about his opinions and, to a certain degree, I agree with you @ContainsNuts - I also agree that with so many unreliable buses and lost mileage because of this, then I can understand his frustrations.

Not sure he's a one-man vendetta, though @Bob does make his point very passionately!

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on January 17, 2023, 01:41:58 PMAs Chaserider are associated with other large operators , I can not work out why more reliable buses cannot be obtained short term , or am I missing something here ??  I know that bus operators try to keep overheads down by maximising the use of vehicles but to keep having buses not turning up day in day out can only be detrimental in the long run. 
This is true to a degree - not sure where in the pecking order Chaserider sit amongst these connected companies, though also unsure if they have the luxury or the cohesion to share fleet as readily as NXWM do amongst garages.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Bob

Quote from: Wumpty on January 18, 2023, 08:17:23 AMIn all fairness to @Bob , we've crossed swords many times about his opinions and, to a certain degree, I agree with you @ContainsNuts - I also agree that with so many unreliable buses and lost mileage because of this, then I can understand his frustrations.

Not sure he's a one-man vendetta, though @Bob does make his point very passionately!
This is true to a degree - not sure where in the pecking order Chaserider sit amongst these connected companies, though also unsure if they have the luxury or the cohesion to share fleet as readily as NXWM do amongst garages.
I think if as well as being enthusiasts people had to actually rely on them, there'd be a different viewpoint. For example yesterday, i was going fron home ( 70) to my mums, luckily i can get the PG circular from Cannock, but 62/63 would get me nearer, the 63, a 1 bus working, had a two hour gap due to bus 51 breaking down, abd them getting out the Solo thqt had broke down on the 60 yesterday morning back out. Id imagine regular passengers wouldnt be impressed ( 63 has had 2-3 hr gaps ie nothing running at all on several occasions). As an enthusiast wouldnt people want them to be successful? I can see why they'll continue to lose passengers if they carry on the way they are thats all. Abd it does make no sense to keep operating the most unreliable things theyve got on interurban services to be brutally frank. 

Westy

They say on social media that all weather related problems are over and things back to normal. 

Assume bollards then?

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: Westy on January 18, 2023, 02:55:57 PMThey say on social media that all weather related problems are over and things back to normal.

Have to admire them for sending out that message.  

Rachvince53

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on January 18, 2023, 03:18:16 PMHave to admire them for sending out that message. 
You mean their buses will start breaking down as normal?!

Bob

Quote from: Rachvince53 on January 18, 2023, 04:15:44 PMYou mean their buses will start breaking down as normal?!
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

LNational

The service is often below par for many regularly users and the fleet for its size does have a disproportionate number of breakdowns compared to others. 
It would appear that some on the forum report a lot of these but maybe they are just really unlucky on their journeys. 
However if any public services are to be a success going forwards they do need to offer reliability. 

Bob

Quote from: LNational on January 18, 2023, 09:42:17 PMThe service is often below par for many regularly users and the fleet for its size does have a disproportionate number of breakdowns compared to others.
It would appear that some on the forum report a lot of these but maybe they are just really unlucky on their journeys.
However if any public services are to be a success going forwards they do need to offer reliability.
Due to the hourly nature of many of the routes, or even half hourly, breakdowns are felt a lot more keenly by passengers, its not like say a 51 or X51 breaking down in Walsall, so reliability is really important, if they want to hang on to what passengers they have left. Maybe if they allocated the better vehicles to the interurbqn services and kept the tat on pye greens itd improve things a bit

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk