News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachvince53

Exactly. When not on strike the railway is far more reliable than the bus, although not necessarily as convenient as the bus.  

Bob

Quote from: Rachvince53 on November 15, 2022, 09:38:58 AMExactly. When not on strike the railway is far more reliable than the bus, although not necessarily as convenient as the bus. 
Ironically, in Cannock the Cannock to Birmingham bus is probably busier than the routes that dont hace a rail alternative 

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

There whispers in the air saying that 1, 2, 538 & 539 will be repainted into a red and green livery for the Pye Green to be route branded

Westy

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on November 22, 2022, 03:10:09 PMThere whispers in the air saying that 1, 2, 538 & 539 will be repainted into a red and green livery for the Pye Green to be route branded
Dunno why they'd bother, as the buses concerned will more than likely appear on other routes anyway!

Bob

Quote from: Westy on November 22, 2022, 06:23:50 PMDunno why they'd bother, as the buses concerned will more than likely appear on other routes anyway!
They cant even run pye greens. Its a 5 vehicle working and mid morning today driver said there were only 2 of 5 buses running due to not enough buses. A SR Solo. Elderly people had to stand to the back of the bus. 45 min gaps. It happens pretty much daily. 

solonightrider

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on November 22, 2022, 03:10:09 PMThere whispers in the air saying that 1, 2, 538 & 539 will be repainted into a red and green livery for the Pye Green to be route branded
Well bus number 1 is out in the usual red livery today so guess that answered that one lol,,,,, don't need mmcs on pye green complete waste of a valuable asset which would be better used elsewhere on the network to keep the interurban routes more reliable then current use of s@@@@@d out solos, I would assume these mmcs will be deployed on the new Telford service contacts, no point sending rancid solos out there to break down every 5 minutes the contract would'nt last that long would it. Better to keep us folk of staffordshire interurban routes in the gutter with unreliable old solos and various other time expired heaps failing right left and centre, staffs cc don't give two hoots.

Any idea when the Telford Routes are gonna start?

Rachvince53

The revised Arriva Telford area timetables start on 3 Jan 2023 so I would imagine that's when the Chaserider routes will start.

hlliwmai

Quote from: Rachvince53 on November 28, 2022, 08:15:06 PMThe revised Arriva Telford area timetables start on 3 Jan 2023 so I would imagine that's when the Chaserider routes will start.

Telford routes?...... have I missed something which routes are these then?

solonightrider

Quote from: Rachvince53 on November 28, 2022, 08:15:06 PMThe revised Arriva Telford area timetables start on 3 Jan 2023 so I would imagine that's when the Chaserider routes will start.
god help Telford folk when this shower show up,  if our local area no shows or rancid small optare solo heaps keep breaking down or cannot cope on capacity is anything to go by !

Bob

Quote from: solonightrider on November 29, 2022, 10:04:44 PMgod help Telford folk when this shower show up,  if our local area no shows or rancid small optare solo heaps keep breaking down or cannot cope on capacity is anything to go by !
Theyll probably get the cream of the fleet, 10 year old streetlites ( the couple theyve managed to keep going out of 6) or E200s, that currently get stuck on 841/432 daily. It's like they don't dare put anything else on those routes 🤣

BusMan Greg

Talking of the telford routes, a timetable for a new route 100 between Wellington and Madeley is now on their website. 

The route is as follows: Madeley, Sutton Hill, Haresfield, Brookside, Stafford Park, Princess Royal Hospital, Wellington.

I think thats correct anyway 

Rachvince53

Looks about right. First departure is 0450 from Madeley and 0455 in the opposite direction with last at 1005pm.  Service runs DAILY.  
Service begins 19th December and is under contract to Telford and Wrekin Council.

Vulcan

What PVR will be required for Telford set up ? 

Fleet News:

40 (YX09 FMG) is now withdrawn along with 193 (FJ58 HYS) and 99 (YX11 CTV)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk