News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Buses on loan

Started by Ash, March 24, 2012, 07:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PB50

Quote from: Michael Bevan on October 18, 2022, 02:38:06 PMOn 705/10 this evening. Just seen it go through Walsall on the way to Barr Beacon.
Does make you wonder why they need it on loan when they have 18 hydrogen buses sitting up the depot doing nothing. Surely if they used more of those they wouldn't need to have a bus on loan.

WalsallBuses2007

Im fairly certain the Hydrogen facilities have still not got the go ahead to be opened i am opened to be corrected tho

PB50

Quote from: WalsallBuses2007 on October 18, 2022, 10:13:26 PMIm fairly certain the Hydrogen facilities have still not got the go ahead to be opened i am opened to be corrected tho
Oh I see. That's probably why they only use a few then.

don

On bustimes, E060 is shown as allocated to Wolverhampton and having done a Wolverhampton working (Tettenhall Wood?). Is this an actual situation which occurred or is it possibly a ticket machine on one of the recent 49xx transfers?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Quote from: don on October 26, 2022, 06:05:08 PMOn bustimes, E060 is shown as allocated to Wolverhampton and having done a Wolverhampton working (Tettenhall Wood?). Is this an actual situation which occurred or is it possibly a ticket machine on one of the recent 49xx transfers?
If you open the map it only has one timing point on the map at Birmingham Lancaster Circus at 9.05 am last Thursday. 
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tcvw-e060?date=2022-10-20#journeys/325901152
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

QuoteOn bustimes, E060 is shown as allocated to Wolverhampton and having done a Wolverhampton working (Tettenhall Wood?). Is this an actual situation which occurred or is it possibly a ticket machine on one of the recent 49xx transfers?
If you look at the full detail clicking on the vehicle and the map it takes you to close to Birmingham Central garage where kit installing at testing takes place. E060 didn't actually go to Coventry until yesterday.

Stu

Quote from: don on October 26, 2022, 06:05:08 PMOn bustimes, E060 is shown as allocated to Wolverhampton and having done a Wolverhampton working (Tettenhall Wood?). Is this an actual situation which occurred or is it possibly a ticket machine on one of the recent 49xx transfers?
One quirk of BusTimes is that if a vehicle tracks on a route programmed into the ticket machine, it then shows that vehicle as 'allocated' to the garage operating that route.

I would hazard a guess that as part of testing, the unit was set as if it were to operate a journey on the WN 1, and then this was present in one of the BODS feeds that BusTimes utilises. The vehicle itself may have just been out doing a short test run.

This is why people shouldn't jump to conclusions about transfers, because vehicles used on loan at other garages will show on BusTimes as being from that garage when they're not.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

don

Quote from: Stu on October 26, 2022, 06:39:48 PMOne quirk of BusTimes is that if a vehicle tracks on a route programmed into the ticket machine, it then shows that vehicle as 'allocated' to the garage operating that route.

I would hazard a guess that as part of testing, the unit was set as if it were to operate a journey on the WN 1, and then this was present in one of the BODS feeds that BusTimes utilises. The vehicle itself may have just been out doing a short test run.

This is why people shouldn't jump to conclusions about transfers, because vehicles used on loan at other garages will show on BusTimes as being from that garage when they're not.

Which is exactly why I didn't jump to conclusions and asked about it in a vaguely relevant thread (there isn't really a fully relevant one).

I only noticed it because I'd been paying through the fleet details to see changes in livery and deleted vehicles. 

Thanks for the explanations @Tony and conjecture @Stu - NB this was the only one of the new E0xx listed and not shown as Coventry so possibly a unique occurrence. 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

BNH2004

4511 on loan to WN?
currently tracking on the 1, is this correct @Tony
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tnxb-4511?date=2022-11-04

Edit: 5411 is tracking as 4511

Tony

The real 4511 is currently at the QE Hospital

BNH2004

PN4836 on loan to WN currently on 5

PB50

Is 2094 on loan to Walsall. Bustimes showing it on 997 route currently.

Tony

QuoteIs 2094 on loan to Walsall. Bustimes showing it on 997 route currently.
Yes

cris 99

1860/1887 on loan to WB 
17//72/73/97/X12

WalsallBuses2007

Quote1860/1887 on loan to WB
With walsall losing alot of scanias to PB and some loans out is this all due to the PVR decrease from not running the 11/11A from January 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk