News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: Westy on June 21, 2022, 11:00:19 PMSpoke too soon.

Here we go again, coupled with lack of service from the railway (Gather from reading elsewhere, trains on the Chase Line are off for the rest of the week!)

'A number of bus drivers have notified the company they are unable to attend work tomorrow due to illness. We apologise for any inconvenience caused to our customers:
Here are the details of the journeys that will not operate on Wednesday 22 June 2022.

Route 1A - 07:35 from Cannock
Route 1 - 08:20 from Walsall
Route 1 - 09:18 from Cannock
Route 1A - 09:53 from Walsall
Route 1A - 10:43 from Cannock
Route 1 - 11:23 from Walsall
Route 1A - 11:43 from Cannock
Route 1 - 12:23 from Walsall
Route 1A - 12:43 from Cannock
Route 1 - 13:18 from Cannock
Route 1 - 13:23 from Walsall
Route 1A - 13:53 from Walsall
Route 1 - 14:18 from Cannock
Route 1A - 14:43 from Cannock
Route 1A - 14:53 from Walsall
Route 1 - 15:33 from Cannock '
Theyve obviously given up on the 1. People whove got monthly tickets would be a bit annoyed id imagine... although maybe there werent any, always dead whenever i saw it

Westy

Quote from: Bob on June 21, 2022, 11:29:39 PMTheyve obviously given up on the 1. People whove got monthly tickets would be a bit annoyed id imagine... although maybe there werent any, always dead whenever i saw it
Point of note, obviously I'm not expecting any change between now & official withdrawal,  but the TfWm timetables at the stops are still the previous ones, not the 'interim' one!

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: Grinder on June 21, 2022, 01:57:56 PMSeen in Coopers Reclamation yard in Stafford this morning two old Darts from the Cannock scrap line, 7 - FJ 54 OTP and 12 - FJ 55 BWB.
Sad times ngl

Bob

Quote from: Bus Spotter Stephen on June 22, 2022, 11:26:05 AMSad times ngl
They were kinda pretty tired. Still, the SPDs especially were better to ride on than any Solo. I was on 182 today on 52 with the overheating buzzer going off for whole journey, driver said it was losing power. Didnt feel like it had any anyway 😜

Quote from: Bob on June 22, 2022, 11:43:37 PMThey were kinda pretty tired. Still, the SPDs especially were better to ride on than any Solo. I was on 182 today on 52 with the overheating buzzer going off for whole journey, driver said it was losing power. Didnt feel like it had any anyway 😜

The best bus they have is 190 Wright Commander. That has some serious power and one dealy scream

Bob

Quote from: Bus Spotter Stephen on June 23, 2022, 08:42:01 AMThe best bus they have is 190 Wright Commander. That has some serious power and one dealy scream

It also had to have the enfmgine left running at all times last week during dtiver changes etc also, driver told the next driver if it cut out it woukdnt start again. The green versa broke down on 74 in cannock and was stuck at the stand for hours today 🤣🤣 i caught 182 on 62 back to my moms yday and the overheating warning was going off all the way and the driver was flooring it and saying the power was going. The other solo on 62 had already broke earlier. The connander got put on it. At least a rare occasion when a bus got replaced lol

Quote from: Bob on June 23, 2022, 08:44:40 PMIt also had to have the enfmgine left running at all times last week during dtiver changes etc also, driver told the next driver if it cut out it woukdnt start again. The green versa broke down on 74 in cannock and was stuck at the stand for hours today 🤣🤣 i caught 182 on 62 back to my moms yday and the overheating warning was going off all the way and the driver was flooring it and saying the power was going. The other solo on 62 had already broke earlier. The connander got put on it. At least a rare occasion when a bus got replaced lol
Tbh it's not very often 181 & 2 break down. They are 2 of the most reliable solos of the fleet. You e also gotta remember that it was incredibly hot yesterday and buses run all day going to 1,000 degrees so wouldn't be surprised if they had over heating issues

Tony

QuoteTbh it's not very often 181 & 2 break down. They are 2 of the most reliable of the fleet. You e also gotta remember that it was incredibly hot yesterday and buses run all day going to 1,000 degrees so wouldn't be surprised if they had over heating issues
I think 1,000 is a bit exaggerated 

Bob

Quote from: Bus Spotter Stephen on June 23, 2022, 09:12:01 PMTbh it's not very often 181 & 2 break down. They are 2 of the most reliable of the fleet. You e also gotta remember that it was incredibly hot yesterday and buses run all day going to 1,000 degrees so wouldn't be surprised if they had over heating issues
Their Solos, and also esp them Scanias overheat all the tine anyway lol

BK63 YWP

QuoteTbh it's not very often 181 & 2 break down. They are 2 of the most reliable of the fleet. You e also gotta remember that it was incredibly hot yesterday and buses run all day going to 1,000 degrees so wouldn't be surprised if they had over heating issues
Hottest an engine can get is 110c before the engine warning light comes on. A 1000c is a tad high!! Hottest part of a planes engine is 1000c but heat from the back varies between 350 and 650 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

solonightrider

still cannot understand why any competent transport manager would choose to allocate a underpowered lightweight versa[still with no working destination blinds] rancid unreliable end of life small solos, and a 17 year old knackered dart daily on to the longer interurban routes they aint capable of operating a full shift on with out expiring , whilst the newer mmc and the bigger heavy weight vehicles seem to be wasted on pye greens all the time,  The amount of lost revenue, lost mileage and recovery and repair costs on these old optare products must simply be wiping out more money than these old heaps of junk will ever bring in return. Also i would be calling the repute of the tm on not taking these issues more seriously and get things in to gear and utilizing the fleet accordingly. Yes thing go wrong at times nothing is 100% reliable 24/7 but surely alarm bells must be ringing.

Quote from: solonightrider on June 23, 2022, 10:59:04 PMstill cannot understand why any competent transport manager would choose to allocate a underpowered lightweight versa[still with no working destination blinds] rancid unreliable end of life small solos, and a 17 year old knackered dart daily on to the longer interurban routes they aint capable of operating a full shift on with out expiring , whilst the newer mmc and the bigger heavy weight vehicles seem to be wasted on pye greens all the time,  The amount of lost revenue, lost mileage and recovery and repair costs on these old optare products must simply be wiping out more money than these old heaps of junk will ever bring in return. Also i would be calling the repute of the tm on not taking these issues more seriously and get things in to gear and utilizing the fleet accordingly. Yes thing go wrong at times nothing is 100% reliable 24/7 but surely alarm bells must be ringing.
The dart is actually the most reliable thing in the fleet rn. Its only broke down once since it moved to chaserider 

Quote from: Tony on June 23, 2022, 09:49:12 PMI think 1,000 is a bit exaggerated
I was using it as an expression 

SSmith09

Centrebus are drafting in newer buses to Chaserider give them time to sort things out.

Hopefully with service reductions too it allows the unreliable stuff to be withdrawn or moved elsewhere

Bob

Quote from: SSmith2009 on June 24, 2022, 09:25:17 AMCentrebus are drafting in newer buses to Chaserider give them time to sort things out.

Hopefully with service reductions too it allows the unreliable stuff to be withdrawn or moved elsewhere
Newer buses? The 17 plate Darts gone, theyve sent a couple of SB180s, the two previous examples were sone of the most unreliable things in the fleet? Theres two Streetlites sent, the existing streetlites are pretty unreliable and many been off road for ages. Then theres an 18 year old Scania, an 05 solo which disappeared and that 06 plate solo which breaks down a lot. The centros they sent were both rapidly withdrawn, one after only a week lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk