News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wrong information on electronic bus stop.

Started by P419 EJW, December 07, 2013, 01:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P419 EJW

The bus stop by the Selfridges showed "126 Ashmore Park"! 😜

I was wondering if there may be similar issues on other (electronic) bus stops you have seen?

Rob H

A few weeks back The Coalway Avenue Bus Stop (Towards Birmingham) had an electronic info display from a Turves Green School Bus Stop I assume as it was displaying 47's for Birmingham don't know whether it still displays that info now though
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

vinh1000

Quote from: P419 EJW on December 07, 2013, 01:13:47 PM

I was wondering if there may be similar issues on other (electronic) bus stops you have seen?
It's like the 126 suddenly got extended xD
If it did wouldnt it be like a 2 hour trip there :P
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

trident4370

It's been like that for a few weeks now, also the Old 50 stop outside Pavillions is/was displaying 50.

Tony

Quote from: trident4370 on December 07, 2013, 02:20:30 PM
It's been like that for a few weeks now, also the Old 50 stop outside Pavillions is/was displaying 50.

All 3 stops MS1; MS2 (correct) and MS3 have been showing the 50 causing confusion. When I reported this to centro they said it was a problem in Diamond's database which would be cured shortly

Jay

256 had it last week in stourbridge and 255 on monday in brierley hill
My The Force Be With You PN Garage

https://www.flickr.com/photos/train_nut/

trident4370

Quote from: Tony on December 07, 2013, 04:54:10 PM

All 3 stops MS1; MS2 (correct) and MS3 have been showing the 50 causing confusion. When I reported this to centro they said it was a problem in Diamond's database which would be cured shortly

At least they have identified the problem and are onto it then.

Stu

This was posted on Network West Midlands' Facebook page last week, taken at the Broadway / Tower Street stop in Dudley:

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

PM

How could diamond's database affect 3 central Birmingham bus stops? Surely it would all be on a centro database?

notepanel

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 07, 2013, 07:36:28 PM

How could diamond's database affect 3 central Birmingham bus stops? Surely it would all be on a centro database?

When using certain scheduling packages (e.g. to register routes with VOSA etc.), the route can be plotted onto an online map. There is then an option to pick up every bus stop along the route, which can go directly into the bus stop database. Obviously, in places like Birmingham City Centre where the bus passes numerous stops without stopping, these should be deselected from the stops list.

I imagine this is the issue, where Diamond have failed to deselect the stops off the list, and hence the bus stop database (which I believe is Naptan? a National Database and therefore out of Centro's direct control?) believes the service stops there. If the feed for the RTI comes direct from that database, that would be why the incorrect information is showing.

CL

16A's one, near the Outdoor Markets, says '16A   Gorse Farm' - Surely, it should say Great Barr or Scott Arms, no reason not to... All three places are the same amount of letters, no trouble fitting them onto the electric display. Sme goes for the 16, Newton?!

I understand Newton used to be on the Diamond Buses (branded for 16), but I haven't seen that word for AGES. Hamstead should've been put on there...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Kevin

Quote from: clayderman on December 07, 2013, 08:21:26 PM
16A's one, near the Outdoor Markets, says '16A   Gorse Farm' - Surely, it should say Great Barr or Scott Arms, no reason not to... All three places are the same amount of letters, no trouble fitting them onto the electric display. Sme goes for the 16, Newton?!

*technically* Gorse Farm is correct...
Hamstead is that bit along the bottom of the valley (alongside the railwayline, where the 16 goes), Gorse Farm is further up the hill, where the Scott Arms junction is.
Great Barr is technically the other side of the Newton road up towards and beyond the motorway
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

CL

Quote from: Kevin on December 07, 2013, 08:32:56 PM

Hamstead is that bit along the bottom of the valley (alongside the railwayline, where the 16 goes), Gorse Farm is further up the hill, towards Scott Arms.
Great Barr is technically the other side of the Newton road up towards and beyond the motorway

I just think it's slightly confusing though... The bus stops say Gorse Farm, but when the 16A shows up, there display matrix reads Great Barr. My point is that the bus' display should match the destination on these stops.  :D
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Kevin

Quote from: clayderman on December 07, 2013, 08:35:05 PM
Quote from: Kevin on December 07, 2013, 08:32:56 PM

Hamstead is that bit along the bottom of the valley (alongside the railwayline, where the 16 goes), Gorse Farm is further up the hill, towards Scott Arms.

I just think it's slightly confusing though... The bus stops say Gorse Farm, but when the 16A shows up, there display matrix reads Great Barr. My point is that the bus' display should match the destination on these stops.  :D

valid
although this is something I've noticed with a lot of the live bus information, when I used to search on the nx mobile site for "hamstead" it would give me some random bus stops in Wednesbury (i believe there might be a hamstead drive or something round there) but to find stops in the village I had to search for Gorse Farm

Maybe someone at NX or Centro is being anal and being very specific with the bus stops? Because I've noticed the same with certain other services, such as along the Bristol Road the live info in the bus stops scroll "Birmingham city centre via .... highgate, digbeth.....", which i suppose is technically accurate but not realistic. Same with the 952, apparently it goes to "Old Oscott"
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Liverpool Street

The 16 goes to Newton according to the display on Upper Dean Street, the 126 to Ashmore Park and the 47 to Rednal. I know technically the 47 does terminate at Rednal, but the correct stop would be in Cofton Hackett boundary.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk