News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Sprint

Started by bususer28, January 27, 2021, 06:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: WM_58 on May 21, 2022, 04:41:15 PMThere used to be. It used to leave international station at around 20 past the hour. I would aim for that one as the X1 coming from Cov would be well loaded but the shuttle would always be pretty much empty. I wasn't aware that it had stopped as I haven't used the buses for a while
Its frequency decreased/Airport Shorts removed September 2021 I think.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: Stu on May 17, 2022, 07:53:35 AMAnd thats my concern with the Digbeth roadworks, as presumably the Sprint route will be passing through this area, and getting delayed with the other buses because of the congestion.

Same as every other day then:
https://twitter.com/nxwestmidlands/status/1528004551034413056

I still maintain that some of these services should have been permanently diverted via Bradford Street.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

QuoteSame as every other day then:
https://twitter.com/nxwestmidlands/status/1528004551034413056

I still maintain that some of these services should have been permanently diverted via Bradford Street.
When Digbeth is bus only, so all the cars are on Bradford Street it wouldn't be such a good idea

Stu

Quote from: Tony on May 21, 2022, 06:11:04 PMWhen Digbeth is bus only, so all the cars are on Bradford Street it wouldn't be such a good idea

Well by 'permanent' I just meant for the course of these roadworks.

First I've heard of this, when is this scheduled to happen? If other cars had been restricted from the start of the roadworks, it might have alleviated matters.

But in al honesty from what I've experienced myself, its actually the buses that cause the congestion, whenever they stop to load and unload passengers, as other vehicles can't then overtake them.

If the Sprint route is going to be up and running for the Commonwealth Games, its going to be a bit of an embarrassment if it is getting delayed travelling through Digbeth.

Also presumably these works in Digbeth are for both Sprint and the Metro extension - it would be madness if all this 'public realm improvement' work is being done now, only to be dug up again at a later date to lay down Metro track.
My locals:

Tony

QuoteWell by 'permanent' I just meant for the course of these roadworks.

First I've heard of this, when is this scheduled to happen? If other cars had been restricted from the start of the roadworks, it might have alleviated matters.

But in al honesty from what I've experienced myself, its actually the buses that cause the congestion, whenever they stop to load and unload passengers, as other vehicles can't then overtake them.

If the Sprint route is going to be up and running for the Commonwealth Games, its going to be a bit of an embarrassment if it is getting delayed travelling through Digbeth.

Also presumably these works in Digbeth are for both Sprint and the Metro extension - it would be madness if all this 'public realm improvement' work is being done now, only to be dug up again at a later date to lay down Metro track.
What's happening is the new carriageway currently under construction is going to be  the new road. Buses only to city all traffic out of city, then once that is finished, hopefully in time for the games the bit currently in use is going to be the tram route.

Quote from: Tony on May 22, 2022, 09:37:20 AMCurrently at Walsall garage, before any excitement it is only here to test the new sprint route is suitable for bendibuses 
Where will the  Sprint route terminate in Solihull? Is it going to be the Station, or Town Centre or somewhere else?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

The proposed Solihull Station redevelopment. Is that supposed to be Sprint at the top left of the photograph?

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on May 22, 2022, 11:16:02 AMWhere will the  Sprint route terminate in Solihull? Is it going to be the Station, or Town Centre or somewhere else?
At the present time, it is currently unclear. As MW has pointed out above, the proposed redevelopment of Solihull station includes provision for Sprint buses.

I suppose we'll know more once a launch is announced.
My locals:

BrumKev86

It seems the A45 Coventry Road sprint route is very near completion. In fact today all lanes were open today in both directions and even the new bus gate that takes the X1/2 through the middle of the Heybarnes Roundabout was operational.  There's load of cones still at side of road but so good to see that way into Brum so much clearer now. 
Grew up in Great Barr, now living in North Somerset

WM_58

Has it yet been decided on route a route number and routes to be axed as part of Sprint launch. We are getting very close to the launch now and with little information!

The new sprint stop at the Swan for the X1/X2/60 is now open as of Monday and the old stop had now been put out of use, presumably it might be removed as well at some point.

Is the new Cross City Sprint service likely to start on the 24th July? The date the summer timetables come into place and often in previous years when changes have been made?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on June 09, 2022, 12:56:47 PMIs the new Cross City Sprint service likely to start on the 24th July? The date the summer timetables come into place and often in previous years when changes have been made?
The Commonwealth Games begin on July 28th, and this flagship Sprint route is supposed to be up and running before then.

No sign of any new registration for this route, or any variation to existing 51 / X51 / X1 / X2 services.

I think its looking unlikely now, unless its all going to be put into place right at the last minute.
My locals:

Tony

QuoteThe Commonwealth Games begin on July 28th, and this flagship Sprint route is supposed to be up and running before then.

No sign of any new registration for this route, or any variation to existing 51 / X51 / X1 / X2 services.

I think its looking unlikely now, unless its all going to be put into place right at the last minute.
See...
 New Sprint bus corridor set to open but only with current vehicles | Express & Star (expressandstar.com)

Does that mean it's only opening between Walsall and Birmingham or not?
When it says current vehicles I thought it's having new hydrogens? Or are 67/68XX (current vehicles) going to be used?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

CL

Quote from: 2206 on June 09, 2022, 07:38:06 PMDoes that mean it's only opening between Walsall and Birmingham or not?
When it says current vehicles I thought it's having new hydrogens? Or are 67/68XX (current vehicles) going to be used?
I believe Tony mentioned in the Hydrogen Vehicles thread that they're expecting to return from next week
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk