News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Untimetabled 'E' Workings

Started by John, October 09, 2013, 04:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

4592 on a 126E-'DUDLEY' (As it said on the dot matrix display) from B'ham direction. 13:25 by Burntree Tesco heading into Dudley

uniquicity

4535 on the 126 heading to Birmingham was turned short at Bearwood at 11am this morning... did a u-turn at the Lordswood Road junction then headed back towards Dudley. Not sure if it returned in service or dead.

Trident 4609

Quote from: uniquicity on February 19, 2014, 08:57:12 PM
4535 on the 126 heading to Birmingham was turned short at Bearwood at 11am this morning... did a u-turn at the Lordswood Road junction then headed back towards Dudley. Not sure if it returned in service or dead.

Strangley enough 4535 was on the 59 by 5PM

nitromatt1

Quote from: uniquicity on February 19, 2014, 08:57:12 PM

Are vehicles allowed to perform a U-turn there?

domino.99

Trident 4609

Quote from: NXDom on February 22, 2014, 05:34:51 PM
yes they are matt

I'm sure that vehicles shouldn't petform a u turn there.

Stu

Quote from: Nathan on February 22, 2014, 05:57:56 PM
Quote from: NXDom on February 22, 2014, 05:34:51 PM
yes they are matt

I'm sure that vehicles shouldn't petform a u turn there.

There's no signs to indicate No U-Turning, so it's perfectly fine (as long as you do it safely of course!)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4609

I suppose buses choose not to then to avoid an accident. I know 9's and 141's that terminate at Bearwood don't usually do a U-Turn at Hagley Rd. Thanks for the info Stu :)

Stu

Quote from: Nathan on February 22, 2014, 06:04:55 PM
I suppose buses choose not to then to avoid an accident. I know 9's and 141's that terminate at Bearwood don't usually do a U-Turn at Hagley Rd. Thanks for the info Stu :)

No problem! I may never have passed my driving test, but I did study the Highway Code when I was younger! (just wish that people who do drive would too!)
My locals:

Tony

Quote from: Stu on February 22, 2014, 06:40:25 PM
Quote from: Nathan on February 22, 2014, 06:04:55 PM

No problem! I may never have passed my driving test, but I did study the Highway Code when I was younger! (just wish that people who do drive would too!)

I was always taught the correct way to turn there was Right down Lordswood Road, First Right to 'T' junction, Right Hamilton Avenue, left back onto Hagley Road West, that was many years ago, not sure if the instruction has now changed.

fleetline6477

The Sundays 140E to Bearwood which operated hourly until reasonably recently were instructed :

Continue along Hagley Road,
left into Barnsley Road,
left into Sandon Road,
left into Rutland Road,
left onto Bearwood Road,
right back onto Hagley Road.

It would be interesting to note the route instructions for the early morning 126 which starts from Bearwood at 0527.

nitromatt1

I once saw the Bearwood 141E arrive at Bearwood, it turned left and headed up Bearwood high street, then reappeared a couple of minutes later coming down the high street and turned right onto Hagley Road West. Perhaps it went down the high street to the crossroads, then turned right, then right again along the road the 11A uses.

Could buses terminating at Bearwood not use the "bus station" to turn around, like the 82?

andrew1991

Quote from: Matt on February 23, 2014, 12:17:39 AM
I once saw the Bearwood 141E arrive at Bearwood, it turned left and headed up Bearwood high street, then reappeared a couple of minutes later coming down the high street and turned right onto Hagley Road West. Perhaps it went down the high street to the crossroads, then turned right, then right again along the road the 11A uses.

Could buses terminating at Bearwood not use the "bus station" to turn around, like the 82?

They probably would be charged for using the station.

Sh4318

Quote from: fleetline6477 on February 22, 2014, 08:29:27 PM
The Sundays 140E to Bearwood which operated hourly until reasonably recently were instructed :

Continue along Hagley Road,
left into Barnsley Road,
left into Sandon Road,
left into Rutland Road,
left onto Bearwood Road,
right back onto Hagley Road.

It would be interesting to note the route instructions for the early morning 126 which starts from Bearwood at 0527.

Before this, the 140E would just do a u-turn. But this was probably early '00s, late '90s
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stu

Quote from: Matt on February 23, 2014, 12:17:39 AM

There's no left turn into Adkins Lane from Bearwood Road (heading north). They'd have to carry on up Bearwood Road, then left into Anderson Road, left into Herbert Road. And yes, there would be the case of 'booking slots' at Bearwood bus station too.
My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk