News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

More new train stations in the West Midlands

Started by ellspurs, February 16, 2024, 09:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Westy

EK40

Quote from: mikestone on February 20, 2024, 04:42:38 PMhttps://www.networkrailmediacentre.co.uk/news/west-midlands-transport-partners-working-together-on-plans-for-a-new-aldridge-station
wonder if any more sutton park line stations are going to come if aldridge and castle bromwich are coming back, sutton town is one i could see re-opening maybe bromford and streetly as well. sutton park & penn are probably more unlikely

ellspurs

Quote from: Westy on February 20, 2024, 06:17:03 PMThey've closed one of the possible access roads, Railway Lane in Willenhall, for a few weeks.

https://publicnoticeportal.uk/notice/traffic-and-roads/65c4a5601379af1104c6de4e?fbclid=IwAR1dr3AVOfwfQ9A-aUwcqLarIzKi6DEwlBqJEAmjeENnQDMJ-qVQXOvZI7Q?utm_source=native_share&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=notice_social_share

Appearing to be banning vehicular access.
Have you looked at this on Google? I don't see many vehicles accessing a railway station up there.

Westy

Quote from: ellspurs on February 20, 2024, 06:40:04 PMHave you looked at this on Google? I don't see many vehicles accessing a railway station up there.

I walk along it everyday!

I asked Eddie Hughes on Facebook (I know!) some time back, if there was going to be a rear entrance onto the industrial estate where I work from the station & he said yes at the time.

Our company recently had one of those Survey Monkey things, & one of the questions was asking whether we were likely to use the station or not!

mikestone

June WMR times downloaded to RTT overnight - Shrewsbury services go half hourly, a semi-fast calling at Galton Bridge, Wolverhampton, Shifnal, Telford and Wellington and a slow train via Soho Road calling at Tame Bridge Parkway, "Service Stop Unadvertised" at Darlaston and Willenhall going north, but a "performance allowance" the other way, then all stations - commuters to the other wayside stations aren't going to be pleased as this applies all day so they lose their rush-hour additionals as well as longer journey times.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk